What's new

Nepal Annapurna

dirtlove

I have these seeds and man I cannot wait to plant them this start of Summer. Hoping for some serious height.
Not to worry, the height will come with ease with these plants.

This one germinated April 1st and is about 8 feet tall right now. It was topped early and I had kept it in a 1 gal container for a couple months to try and tame the vigorous growth. It's been in it's final 20 gal fabric pot since the first week of June.
2023-07-24_07-50-13_704 - Copy.jpeg

2023-07-24_07-50-03_597 - Copy.jpeg
2023-07-24_07-50-25_546 - Copy.jpeg

A few of the lower leaves were scorched by the triple digit heat this past month. But nothing too bad thankfully.

2023-07-24_07-50-29_264 - Copy.jpeg
2023-07-24_07-50-38_086 - Copy.jpeg

Last edited:

ds1824

This one germinated April 1st and is about 8 feet tall right now. It was topped early and I had kept it in a 1 gal container for a couple months to try and tame the vigorous growth. It's been in it's final 20 gal fabric pot since the first week of June.
View attachment 18873626
View attachment 18873627 View attachment 18873628

A few of the lower leaves were scorched by the triple digit heat this past month. But nothing too bad thankfully.

View attachment 18873629 View attachment 18873630
Amazing height, good pictures provide an insight in what to expect. I am keen!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

View attachment 18873626
View attachment 18873627 View attachment 18873628

View attachment 18873629 View attachment 18873630

Beautiful Annapurna @dirtlove hehehe seedlings can be a bit slow, but once root system is well established Nepalese sativas grow very quick and tall without need of much fertilizers. Is she a female ?

Sensistar42

Just picked up a pack last week, along with some Zamaldelica x kali China fems. Wellgrown had a re-listing and figured it was fate that I had to grab them. 🤣
I think I’ll mess with a few of these this coming summer when temps are better and maybe pollinate some things along with some f2s if everything works out well. 😎

Sensistar42

Ohh, goody!
Would love to come along for the "ride".
If you feel like it please post pics / a report. 🙏🏼
For sure I will! I’ll probably end up doing my first run as a seed run, because I don’t believe dubi is going to re do this line for a few years and then I’ll select a a female or two to keep. Honduras and Ethiopian might be in there as well. But we are still a few months away from that.

Sensistar42

Thanks for your support @Sensistar42 ;) much appreciated. Please, keep us updated!
Hey dubi! I should ask if the Nepal is anything special with popping the seeds. Like should these ones be in the freezer before popped or do they take longer to germ like some others?

Edit: I just re read this thread again and found my answer in the first page. 🤣

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @Sensistar42 if your seeds have already been kept at room temperature, do a 12-hour water presoak and then sow them directly in soil. These wilder, more feral sativa landraces with smaller seeds tend to germinate best directly in soil rather than using the paper towel method. They also typically take more days to germinate compared to modern strains with larger seeds.

Sensistar42

Hi @Sensistar42 if your seeds have already been kept at room temperature, do a 12-hour water presoak and then sow them directly in soil. These wilder, more feral sativa landraces with smaller seeds tend to germinate best directly in soil rather than using the paper towel method. They also typically take more days to germinate compared to modern strains with larger seeds.
Thanks! I’ll put them in soil tonight, well coco I mean. 🤣

Sensistar42

Did you end up preferring the strawberry sweet ones over the citric ones? I’m a sucker for the sweetness of the landraces.🤣

I’m hopping these do well in my set up, with the more cold resistance and such for the cooler months.

I will end up pollenating some honduras and Ethiopian as well when I go to do the seed run after this.

I’m hoping that the spiritual vibe will work well with the ant-anxiety effect from the honduras. And the Ethiopian can get some help with the temp resistance as well as being an energetic, spiritual feeling combo.

All in all I would really like to put all 3 together I think it would make a great hybrid that sticks around 14 weeks with no indica in it to pop a bunch of to have randomly without worrying about the effects even though they will vary especially if the last addiction is made using a revered female.

I just need to figure out which ones to combine first. 🤣🤣

Sensistar42

I'm to afraid to grow this Strain with my little experience but I would love to some day. Good luck @Sensistar42. I'm looking forward to your Updates!
These sativas aren’t bad if you keep them in a small fabric pot and pinch the fuck out of them to make them manageable. Mine never get bigger then about 2 1/2 - 3ft.

zaprjaques

the boveda kid
hey, i've got a question regarding the fabric pots that i hope isn't too offtopic here, considering this is a P2 cultivar that can get quite huge in its natural habitat and some will be growing it indoors.

ive always read that fabric pots keep plants from getting rootbound.
but on the other hand ive heard and also experienced first hand that lettin them go rootbound in small regular pots will keep plants small.

so now my question is, will a small fabric pot still keep them small without making them rootbound?

thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Latest posts