What's new

Need advice for A'dam's "must have" smoke!

Heya folks,

a friend is heading towards amsterdam and he asked me if I can give some advice what he's to try, but unfortunately I really have no clue about that issue, so I thought I'll give that question right up to you :chin:.

Being in A'dam he probably start with Dampkring, Barney's, Green Place or Grey Area, 'cause they have never disappointed in quality and kind staff. So has anyone of you recently been there and can tell us what he has to put his fingers on and what he better leaves untouched? Hash and bud, sativa and indica, he don't care, as long as it is nicely cured and enjoyable smoke. *

Thanks in advance & have a nice day!*
Clvnhf

edit: whoops, sorry for starting this topic in the wrong place! This forum is way bigger than most I chill around ;-)​

Avid Fan

my mate got back from there a couple of months ago and said super lemon haze was the best smoke he had out there.im going in september so im hoping to find out for myself.

Last edited:

xxbkrawkxx

super lemon haze ....WAY OVERRATED
it just isnt cupwinning material , and i dont see how it could have won .

Just ask to see the top 3 best weed at the moment at the following shops :
Grey area
Greenplace
Greenhouse
Katsu
Dampkring
Tweede kamer

So... he will start with Grey Area and work his way around asking the staff for a recommendation. Supposedly he tries Super Lemon Haze as well *smile*. Thank you!

And if you're interested, I can set up a list with his favorites when he is back. I also told him to take pictures of the coffeeshop menu-cards.

G

Guest 18340

super lemon haze ....WAY OVERRATED
it just isnt cupwinning material , and i dont see how it could have won .
I was just at the 'Dam 3 weeks ago and had the Super lemon haze @ one of Greenhouse seeds shops and it was freakin AMAZING smoke.
I even took pics of it while I was there...

G

Guest 18340

Heya folks,

a friend is heading towards amsterdam and he asked me if I can give some advice what he's to try, but unfortunately I really have no clue about that issue, so I thought I'll give that question right up to you :chin:.

Being in A'dam he probably start with Dampkring, Barney's, Green Place or Grey Area, 'cause they have never disappointed in quality and kind staff. So has anyone of you recently been there and can tell us what he has to put his fingers on and what he better leaves untouched? Hash and bud, sativa and indica, he don't care, as long as it is nicely cured and enjoyable smoke. *

Thanks in advance & have a nice day!*
Clvnhf

edit: whoops, sorry for starting this topic in the wrong place! This forum is way bigger than most I chill around ;-)​
The Hash @ The Green place was outstanding!
Here's a pic of the menu, and some gear that I bought...

Avid Fan

I was just at the 'Dam 3 weeks ago and had the Super lemon haze @ one of Greenhouse seeds shops and it was freakin AMAZING smoke.

awesome!i was thinking of buying ghs super lemon haze seeds,think my minds made up now!:tiphat:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CHECK OUT THIS WEB SITE. http://www.smokersguide.com/sg/index.html

this guys goes around to all the coffee shops and reviews a lot of there shit. some of the reports might be old but you will see a trend in which shops get the best stuff because it is over a long period of time.

This link is to all his current guides that you can purchase that have all current info if you feel that you need more first hand info. http://www.amsterdam-centraal.com/index.php?prod_id=9

but before you spend money ask Some of the people that live from there. like Paddi, or GN.

Also my personal reccomendations are the bluebird, Abraxas, and De Kuil if it is still there. Those were my favorites I think.

avoid green house they were over priced and bad bud compared to other places. I was disappointed cause I like Arjan strains, and he is one of the green house guys I think. I could be wrong on that part.

Last edited:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CHECK OUT THIS WEB SITE. http://www.smokersguide.com/sg/index.html

this guys goes around to all the coffee shops and reviews a lot of there shit. some of the reports might be old but you will see a trend in which shops get the best stuff because it is over a long period of time.

Edit: delete double post. my bad

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Nice link :)

Abraxis, De Kuil (420) and Bluebird are all still open and worth a visit :)

Neither Paddi nor GN are in NL btw ....or at least GN isnt likely to know the latest coffeeshop deals, he's in the Pacific somewhere most of the time afaik ;)

xxbkrawkxx

well maybe its awesome to where your from ....
but where im from ... its just plain weed man...

Believe me ; ANYTHING at grey area , will get you higher than this

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice link :)

Abraxis, De Kuil (420) and Bluebird are all still open and worth a visit :)

Neither Paddi nor GN are in NL btw ....or at least GN isnt likely to know the latest coffeeshop deals, he's in the Pacific somewhere most of the time afaik ;)

Oh i thought they were. glad to hear they are all still open

@evlme: the HIA from Green Place seems to be nice ;-)

Hash Zeppelin said:
avoid green house they were over priced

My friend told me that Katsu is the place to go if you have to keep your budget small.

More impressions will follow in a few days! Thanks for all your input.

leow

rokerijk is nice not too pricey you just gotta know what to pick they got very good stuff and horrible stuff at the same time they used to have dutch hash not so expensive but go for the weed ask to look at them and you'll know what to pick :)

M

Mr. Mountain

Katsu was by far my favorite shop in A-dam.

But...

If you go to Haarlem, you must check out Willie Wortel's "Sativa" shop. Get the "Haze Ice."

I did, again and again and again.......

Mr. M

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Import hash in Green Place is pretty good as people have said.

De Kuil is def worth checking in on - some people love the atmosphere in there for smoking but I just grab my bud and go :thank you::tiphat:

Wherever I go I always ask them to crack open the tubs, let me have a look and a smell, and if possible a feel too. Some places obviously don't like you touching the buds too much but you can get a pretty good idea of what's good before you get to the point of pissing the budtender off.

If they don't want to let you see it or smell it, there are plenty of coffeeshops that will.

Unfortunately, you can only achieve so much with a superficial examination, so you may well still discover you've bought nasty, unflushed weed - that's the lottery of CS weed in Amsterdam these days! :snap out of it:

Latest posts

Latest posts