What's new

mazar I shariff RSC line roms

Nico Farmer

Authentic Strains Farm
Until about 2010, I took the view that anybody who posted a photo in a public forum on the Internet understood that they were releasing it into the public domain

?! a photo posted in a public forum stay the property of its author IMO.

Peace

troutman

Seed Whore
Asking for permission to use a photo is the best policy. :comfort:

If the photo was used for a couple of years even without permission.
But the photographer knew about it's usage and said nothing. Then
making an issue later on looks bad on them as well.

If a problem arises it's best to deal with it ASAP.

ngakpa

Veteran
To be fair, this thread is looking a bit like the old 'all publicity is good publicity' adage applies, but anyway

?! a photo posted in a public forum stay the property of its author IMO.

Peace

The bottom line is this is about being polite

Case in point: A few years ago, a guy allowed me to use his Sinai photo. I think he even suggested it. Then later he wrote he wanted it removed because of paranoia. So I removed it.

About the law:

The legal definition of what constitutes the public domain for a photo would depend on which country the server hosting it is located.

Anyway, I don't have anything more that I want to add to this thread, so have a good one.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Releasing it into the public domain means something - it means that they're making it available for free use

Ya for free use but when it is used to trade and money is a different "free" story, we know how much a photo can be important in these cases! At the time it surprised me that it could be used without prior agreement and I had come to email several months after their publication. And it was necessary that I insist to have consideration, the exchanges had done with Angus and i do not remember having a word of you in fact. Anyway ethics and ethics...

Not sure what you've been reading from Roms, but he isn't a realiable source of information about the science, botany or history of these plants, even if he may be an experienced grower
:laughing:

yardgrazer

My understanding is that FB says by posting a photo you're granting them a license (to use it essentially). You aren't giving up copyright under US law. The creator still retains ownership.

W

Water-

Ya for free use but when it is used to trade and money is a different "free" story, we know how much a photo can be important in these cases! At the time it surprised me that it could be used without prior agreement and I had come to email several months after their publication. And it was necessary that I insist to have consideration, the exchanges had done with Angus and i do not remember having a word of you in fact. Anyway ethics and ethics...

:laughing:

You are on the right side Roms.

nagpka is a delusional ego maniac a shitty human being.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Nagpka

I don`t understand what you are getting upset about ?
You supply bag seed . No selection .

JGL and Roms confirmed there was a lot of low potency and undesirable plants .

They isolated what they thought were good examples . Bred them and enhanced the line for indoor growers and more importantly ganja smokers .

The MIS you brought home is grown as a field / plot and then mashed together in a hash ,containing potent , non potent and CBD plants combined . Making for a mediocre effect .

Now the chances of growing say 5-10 seeds and find a good ganja plant seems pretty small from the MIS you sell .

Potent examples need to be isolated and reproduced . Then progeny tested . Now the elves don`t come along in the night and do it while you sleep . It takes time , money and dedication .

You are appealing to people who want stock to breed with . Then when it is worked you protest ?

I personally think you enjoy arguing . I have seen you do it countless times before .
Come in strong . Then try to smooth it over . Maybe look at yourself before telling others they are wrong every time .

Do you grow , do you grow your own seeds , do you breed them to enhance ?

I think they could have been a good advertisement of what can be done to create new interesting lines from your offerings .
Actually creating interest in your MIS and the possibilities if used in a breeding prog .

If I was considering doing that . I would reconsider now .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

CannaZen

Hey now i think its all pretty unfair. I thank ngakpa for more than just your local bagseed, i think they've come a lot futher than that. farther than most IBL. They're Heirlooms of the field, Strong individuals via variation in balance. Variation is critical in plant vigor, rapidly deprecating. Their value is in the diminishing?

Last edited:

thejact55

I dont have any valid input, but figured ive jump in on this shit. Ive always wanted to be on the housewives of atlanta TV show, still no luck (my boobs are too small and hairy)...but this is close enough.

ngakpa

Veteran
yeah Bro, I know and fuck FB. I speak about intellectual property, here on IC.

Big up

based on speaking to Gyspy in person in 2007, anything posted in icmag is technically owned by icmag

if that's changed or not since, I don't know

ngakpa

Veteran
G `day Nagpka

I don`t understand what you are getting upset about ?
You supply bag seed . No selection .

JGL and Roms confirmed there was a lot of low potency and undesirable plants .

They isolated what they thought were good examples . Bred them and enhanced the line for indoor growers and more importantly ganja smokers .

The MIS you brought home is grown as a field / plot and then mashed together in a hash ,containing potent , non potent and CBD plants combined . Making for a mediocre effect .

Now the chances of growing say 5-10 seeds and find a good ganja plant seems pretty small from the MIS you sell .

Potent examples need to be isolated and reproduced . Then progeny tested . Now the elves don`t come along in the night and do it while you sleep . It takes time , money and dedication .

You are appealing to people who want stock to breed with . Then when it is worked you protest ?

I personally think you enjoy arguing . I have seen you do it countless times before .
Come in strong . Then try to smooth it over . Maybe look at yourself before telling others they are wrong every time .

Do you grow , do you grow your own seeds , do you breed them to enhance ?

I think they could have been a good advertisement of what can be done to create new interesting lines from your offerings .
Actually creating interest in your MIS and the possibilities if used in a breeding prog .

If I was considering doing that . I would reconsider now .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

oh mate, lol

troll-tastic

Roms claimed the RSC Mazar seeds are selected

but they aren't selected... they're open pollinated to maximize diversity

Roms claimed RSC does breeding

I pointed out we don't do breeding

end of subject

until you posted that! LOL

I'm more than happy for people to breed with RSC seeds - it's the whole point

sad the way that these forums get jammed up with trolls

(who reps those kind of posts, other trolls?)

Elmer Bud

Veteran
oh mate, lol

troll-tastic

end of subject

until you posted that! LOL

I'm more than happy for people to breed with RSC seeds - it's the whole point

sad the way that these forums get jammed up with trolls

(who reps those kind of posts, other trolls?)

G `day Ngakpa

There you go !
Ask a question get called a troll .

Your attitude is abrasive .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Elmer Bud

Veteran
Hey now i think its all pretty unfair. I thank ngakpa for more than just your local bagseed, i think they've come a lot futher than that. farther than most IBL. They're Heirlooms of the field, Strong individuals via variation in balance. Variation is critical in plant vigor, rapidly deprecating. Their value is in the diminishing?

G `day CZ

Ever heard of Luther Burbank ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
end of subject

Ok here is the quote from Ellis110100100 in the UK forum. He is the grower of the first RSC's "open poll" :

Germination rate was 4 out of 72 and of that 3 males 1 female.
1 fem x 3 males wow what an open poll!
(congratulations for the reproduction anyway, big up Ellis :))

Hey then you can use as many specimens as you can but with just one fem x 3 males at start it's still a kind of selection no?
biggrin.gif

To be fair Ngakpa i think that your argumentation is purely theorical, you simply don't deep realize what is breeding or open poll in practice and you don't have empirical knowledge about your seeds in facts. Well no problemo since you sell landraces but now your MIS is no longer landrace! Let's open new windows in your website for your "open poll versions" with the respect of its protagonist and it will be more true and clear for everybody! Cause with just a post scriptum "Please note: These seeds are the third generation to have been produced outside Afghanistan through open pollination." it's a bit too light and it's fooling fans imho! ;)

ngakpa

Veteran
Roms,

erm, botany or taxonomy aren't your strong points, are they, to be fair?

and you're literally trying to score points off me with information that was publicly provided on my forum

lol

I've got no interest in a fight, I'm just trying to provide the facts

everything with RSC is transparent

that's the whole point

there was a bottle neck with the first generation reproduction of the Mazar-i-Sharif, as Ellis himself explained

but subsequent generations have used open pollination with large populations and have continued to exhibit plenty of diversity and nice potent plants

there are literally reviews of them right here on the forum proving that

that's why I'm still making them available, but it's also why this is the last of the 2007 Mazar repros

there's some suggestion in a couple of reviews that there may be some slight loss of vigour, but that's it

for the record, Mel Frank's Afghani No. 1 is descended from six seeds sent from Kabul in 1979

and the bottom line here:

the next step is to introduce new first-generation Afghan landraces, one of which will be a new accession of the Mazari

so, you know - not much for you to sling shit at, sorry!

p.s. as you well know, I asked if you would like to share some of your Mazar line for the open pollination, so that speaks to the fundamental negativity at work from you here, sadly

p.p.s - just learned that Ellis in fact received more Mazar seeds for repros, so it looks like you're stirring with redundant info

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Roms,

erm, botany or taxonomy aren't your strong points, are they, to be fair?

I'm not a parrot that repeats some modern theories naively, i am rather a pioneer in this field who think for himself according to experiences lived! Will see how the taxonomy will evolve, rendez-vous in 10 years!

but subsequent generations have used open pollination with large populations and have continued to exhibit plenty of diversity and nice potent plants
It's ok and good job but it does not change the fact that an effective open pollination must be done from the start, otherwise it is necessarily a selection that is made (and then open poll ok but). Are you sure to know what is botany! ptdr

p.s. as you well know, I asked if you would like to share some of your Mazar line for the open pollination, so that speaks to the fundamental negativity at work from you here, sadly
Why lie stupidly like that, you never asked me anything man, stop your char Ben hur! Your venal appetite from my hard work becomes ridiculous.

Hum now with reflection and by knowing you and your cupidity that's right iam not sure if it will be good to inject my line in yours. But if Ellis wanna try my seeds and compare them he is welcome no problem and it will be free! ;)