What's new

Landrace Caribbean

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
a brethren and i tended to these ladies in a plot hundreds of feet up from the cane fields, on the side of a volcano... the ground was hella fertile, so any additional fertilizers were minimal... we have 3 seasons, 1 short, 1 long, and 1 rainy... these were a winter crop, and they produced some lovely buds, some even produced color, which is a feat seeing how the temps stay above 75 all year!!! i'll post a pic soon, albeit a bit blurry, but you can still make out the color though...

Z10N

wow look at those colas! that's serious mon..! I'd love to hear more about it. potency, smell / taste , days of flowering?
more pics and a dry bud shot would be more than appreciated!

peaCe from Z10N:rasta:

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
Thanks guys... Here are some more pics...
The first one was a freak, as she had the most beautiful purple pistils ever!!! Too bad my camera batteries (or should I say my ex's) were dying and so the pics suffered as a result...

This one was the Sativa which is pictured at the start of this thread...

Last edited:

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
Zion, I have some dried shots, but not so good as my ex's camera sucked... I have a good picture, where we ( brethren and I ) are standing in front of about a kilo of curing herbs... The best one (out of the 7 or so strains) was this beautiful gal shown in my nug jar, and at the start of this thread... She had a soft papaya aroma (you know kinda rotten smelling, but delicous to us stoners) wrapped with a sickly sweet candied burst of smell when you opened the buds up... The taste was almost the same but a sort of peppered spice lucky charm cereal taste (if that makes sense?)... The potency was good, I'd give it a 8.5, it was a 9 at first, but after smoking it exclusively I built up a tolerance to it... The high comes on after about 5-10 mins after the first hit, and I would definately say she's a creeper.. The first time I smoked this herb I underestimated her potency, and was sent off on a charged, almost paranoia inducing high for a good 30 mins before I calmed down and I settled into a more comfortable high... I blame it on the size of the spliff we rolled and the amount consumed through every hit though, should have taken her a lil eazy the first time, lol! A very enjoyable, heart race sorta Sativa gal she is... It definately is up there with my favorite Sativas, and when I move back to the Caribbean, I need to get the seeds from my brethren and start her up again...

The beauty of the island I was on is unlike Jamaica, my island stayed relatively tourist free, so most of the genetics around were brought over by indentured indian slaves hundreds of years ago, and has acclimated to the island and essentially become Caribbean... I introduced some new strains, and I'm sure a few others have through the years, but nothing great enough to dilute the original gene pool like what happened in Jamaica... There are only 30,000 people on the island, so I think the potential for original strains is very high on the island... Anyways enough of that and enjoy the rest of these pictures folks...

Last edited:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola!!!

Thanks for sharing man, it seems that you guys are quite comfortable in there;) Are there many landrace strains at your island? Anyway, looking good & keepin it irie!!!

Keep It Green & Growing But Don´t Forget The Smokin!
Peace Out Growers!
:joint:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Very interesting thread eugenegreen!

I love the natural and relaxed atmosphere, the beautiful outdoors shots... Looks like a great place to grow and live for some time!

The intense tropical sun, warm temps, the fertile volcanic soil full of minerals and magnetism ... Sativa paradise! :yummy:

Thanks for share it! dubi

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
Thank you herbalistic, and hola to you too brethren!!! There are a few and it varies between growers... I would assume maybe 4-5 pure local strains, and many variations from there on... I appreciate your kindness and I hope JAH Blesses you my friend...

dubi! I wonder if you are the same dubi (from OG) that I remember... If so, this is highsuspekt, and it's been a long time since I spoke with you brethren... I hope all has been blessed with you and peace surrounds your life... You are so right! It is a wonderful place to grow and live, paradise really... The TRUE joys in life are found with the wonder of nature! Much love brethren, and may JAH Bless

guineapig

Veteran
Fabuloso!!! Would love to see some long season shots when the time comes....

amazing locale, great herb, what more is there?

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi eugenegreen!

Yes Im dubi, the same person you met at OG. It's great to meet canna friends again! dubi

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lovely plants & a beautiful setting. I wouldn't expect anything less from you, HS, err, I mean eugenegreen. :wink: Always good to see an old OGer find their way back! Peace, HL aka resin nv :wave:

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
Bacchus, I'm trying to be at peace ya know... The island has good vibes, and I can't wait to go back... Irie! Thanks for stopping by ol buddy...

ngakpa, thanks for dropping by, and muchos gracias for the youtube link, it was most entertaining!

dubi! it's good to see you bro, been a really long ass time, and I can see your still up to your ol tricks! You have many good vibrations coming from your ladies... Much love brethren...

guineapig, I will most definately get out some long season picture, but not until next year.... I promise I will do a good thread on the long season...

Res, err I mean highlighter! :D... How have you been brethren??? It's been sooooo damn long! God the years just run away, don't they??? Thanks for your kind words bro, I try ya know... Man I'm so glad I found this sight bro... Meeting ol friends like you (people I thought I'd never hear from again after OG went down) is just awesome... I hope JAH has Blessed you and yours... Much love brethren...

Thanks for stopping by folks... :wave:

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
I'm glad I got some fine Caribbean genetics to work with. I was lucky enough to get ahold of some St.Anne, St.Vincent, and Barbados Sativas. They came straight from the islands. I think I might grow some St.Anne (Jamaican) Sativa this fall. Nice plants.

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
:wave: Hey what's up Closet Funk? Good to meet ya! The St. Ann's Bay Sativa should be nice (if she hasn't been mucked up) and a real grower... The "Vincy" :rasta: , lol, well the St. Vincent island is known for growing, that's all they do down there! ALOT of crap from St. Vincent gets sent up down the Leeward and Windward isles... It would have been good, if there was a proper selection, and males were weeded out to produce sensi buds... BUT the growers grow so damn much, they just ghetto cure and package that shit up for bulk sale... I grew some of these vincy seeds and I'm sure you will have MANY variations when you sprout your's... Though I'm positive you will find one keeper at least... The Barbados seeds you have are probably just some vincy, or JA seeds which were pulled out of imported herb there... It is a HELLA "touristified" (LOL) island and there really aren't many growers there... Or farmers really... There income comes through tourism... Though I could be wrong, I think there is a high probability that those Barbados seeds you have aren't really from Barbados... Grow em out for sure and see what goodness you can find brethren... JAH Bless :rasta:

eugene

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
eugenegreen said:
:wave: Hey what's up Closet Funk? Good to meet ya! The St. Ann's Bay Sativa should be nice (if she hasn't been mucked up) and a real grower... The "Vincy" :rasta: , lol, well the St. Vincent island is known for growing, that's all they do down there! ALOT of crap from St. Vincent gets sent up down the Leeward and Windward isles... It would have been good, if there was a proper selection, and males were weeded out to produce sensi buds... BUT the growers grow so damn much, they just ghetto cure and package that shit up for bulk sale... I grew some of these vincy seeds and I'm sure you will have MANY variations when you sprout your's... Though I'm positive you will find one keeper at least... The Barbados seeds you have are probably just some vincy, or JA seeds which were pulled out of imported herb there... It is a HELLA "touristified" (LOL) island and there really aren't many growers there... Or farmers really... There income comes through tourism... Though I could be wrong, I think there is a high probability that those Barbados seeds you have aren't really from Barbados... Grow em out for sure and see what goodness you can find brethren... JAH Bless :rasta:

eugene

Right on man! thanks for the info on those. I will definetly grow out and find some keepers. I can't wait to try some Caribbean ganja.