What's new

Junk stuck in circ perc. Any chemicals suggested?

phazer

whats up tokers, so ive had a new smoking incident the other day, went to clean a herb bong that was well overdue, and after an iso > hot water rinse, the final result left a large chunk of cashed bowl, a pretty good size leaf ha, and what looks like some black strand of hair, (haha fuckn gross, noone with black hair here tho) stuck in the upper circ perc. im glad i dont really smoke this thing anymore but feel sorry for my roommates haha.

so question is:

is there any kind of chemical that will break down leaf, ash, and this odd foreign object? ive had the perc sitting in iso for a day, and i expect it take like a week at least for any progress, but for all i know it wont do anything. is there any other stronger chemicals that will still be good for smoking out of later. If it was a cheap piece of glass wouldnt really care, but def my most expensive piece, and was hoping to rip some good flowers out of er. please tell me someone else has had this happen. seems weird it made it threw the bottom circ perc but not the top one. tried shaking it around for along while and no luck. so if u have any ideas would be much obliged. cheers

the best result i had are with vinegar. white vinegar and water (something like 50/50 but honestly i'm never precise...), boil it and bath the bong in it and/or fill the bong with the hot vinegar/water solution and agitate.
it's incredible how well vinegar cleans and leaves absolutely no smell behind. when cleaning my dabber with iso or ethilic i would often smell alcool even after several days... not with vinegar.

phazer

so been like two weeks with iso in the perc and this leaf and hair looking substance are still stuck and havent broken down. any suggestions

Irresponsible H

if yr bong is made of inorganic materials use sodium hydroxide also called caustic soda. will dissolve anything organic. be careful. caustic soda burns on contact with moisture and that also means your sweaty palms! use gloves. in supermarkets this country also hardwares.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
sulfuric acid and hydrogen peroxide from beauty store or hydro shop////,,,yeehaw..shit will eat organic matter like candy,,,never tried it on a bong tho...works on most other stuff ,,,lol

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
Acetone works good for tough grime. Just don't get it on any plastics. Acetone dissipates really quick so use it and dispose of it. Rinse piece thoroughly with water. May have to do an alcohol rinse after water rinse.

Purple Power at full strength with a good soak gets alot of tough stains off. Wear gloves though or it will eat your skin. Also, rinse the piece with lots of clean water. Until it doesn't feel slippery.

Of course, there are stains that may never come out.

shithawk420

Veteran
Also what must be noted is don't get any of this stuff on your label if you got one cause it will come off and lower the value of your piece

G

The citric degreaser sold at the box hardware stores is called Zep. Lots cheaper than the head shop repackaged product. I dilute my Zep 1:1 with H2O and leave my pieces in overnight. Rinse with hot water and glass piece is back to new. Like mentioned it will eat decals and such.
Try bringing the piece up to almost boiling temps may dislodge any otherwise impenetrable areas.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Depends on what Iso you get. You want 90%+ Iso and some table salt. Doesn't need to be warm or heated. Empty the piece...fill with salt and Iso - and shake shake shake. Time and a bit of effort is all it takes.

Just soaking a tube with Iso in it is not going to work...nor would dissolving the salt in a warm liquid. The point is to have something that is coarse to work/rub the materials off the glass.

dank.Frank

LostTribe

Premium user
Depends on what Iso you get. You want 90%+ Iso and some table salt. Doesn't need to be warm or heated. Empty the piece...fill with salt and Iso - and shake shake shake. Time and a bit of effort is all it takes.

Just soaking a tube with Iso in it is not going to work...nor would dissolving the salt in a warm liquid. The point is to have something that is coarse to work/rub the materials off the glass.

dank.Frank

91 iso and sea salt for more friction gets the nasty out!

phazer

nice thanks for the response guys. ya a two week 91 iso drench didnt break this shit down at all. i hadnt really shaken it up much throughout that time but idk how much that really wouldve helped. Gonna try some sulfuric acid this week

if your not willing to shake it with iso and salt to get it clean you may want to switch to papers in the future

shaking makes ALL the difference vs just a still soak