What's new

Joe's Fresh Guide to Sick Plant Diagnosis

Kozmo

Veteran
Any takes?

Any takes?

Thought I'd throw these pics out there. These just got sprayed with a Neem oil mix. Grown in soil. Currently under T5's. I believe the problem is in the soil mix. I am going to give them a kelp foliar a couple times to see if it turns/hilts the problem. If not then ill go to a alfalfa/kelp foliar. Ill also be giving a AACT sometime in the next week or so. Not as a solution but to make sure my Bennie microbes are present and ready to put these plants in the right direction.

tommygh

I'd add about 2 cups of diluted Epsoma Lime for each plant. You'll probably need to water them with the lime a couple of times. Looks like you have the beginning of a Magnesium deficiency that's most likely caused by PH lockout. You might also want to try about 1 tsp of Epsom Salt per 2 gal water.

Marsos

Hey mates!

I have this project going on:
They both are in a mix of 60% soil and 40% burned cowdung (not sure what the english word for it is) and watering with a medium dose of nutriments.

As you can see I have some problem with my plants. My newbie guess is that the plants got a shortage of magnesium or maybe they have to much nutriments?

I'm watering with a ph of 8 but that shouldn't matter since it's soil right?

Attachments

• helbild.jpg
    helbild.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC00009.jpg
    DSC00009.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC00017.jpg
    DSC00017.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC00021.jpg
    DSC00021.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 54

tommygh

Hey mates!

I have this project going on:
They both are in a mix of 60% soil and 40% burned cowdung (not sure what the english word for it is) and watering with a medium dose of nutriments.

As you can see I have some problem with my plants. My newbie guess is that the plants got a shortage of magnesium or maybe they have to much nutriments?

I'm watering with a ph of 8 but that shouldn't matter since it's soil right?

Aloha,

Looks similar to what happened to my first grow. I'm using Fox Farms Ocean Forest, and no matter I do the nutes burn my plants. Raising the PH won't do much imo, but I do the best I can with it.

I'd do the same as I mentioned previuosly. Looks like nitro burn.

Hope it turns out good for ya'

Hi, could anyone tell me what could be wrong with my seedlings, they are planted in levingtons number 1 but then I topped them with some guaonkalong soil mix, they are 18 days old apart from the tiny one.

motke

Zinc or Iron Def?

Zinc or Iron Def?

I'm having a wee problem after over-fertilization.

I'm growing 4 autos (Blue Mammoth) under 250w HID and in soil-less mix Terra Professional Plus growing medium. The temperature sometimes varies but usually is around 25C and drops at night to 20C-18C. However this is not an issue that I'm worried...

At 3rd week I have used vegie fertilizer. Half what was said on the bottle...but I feed them twice a week which was a mistake. I got nute burn...yellow tips to new growth. Done a half flush after 2 days from feed.

Now I'm in 4th week and they are getting to flower. Should I start feeding them with bloom fertilizer whilst they still shows signs of tip burn? Or wait for another week and let them burn all the nutes in pots?Or flush them again with fertilizer rinse solution like The Final Flush by Grotek?

Interesting thing that the plant with egg shells mixed with medium shown only little nute burn.

The biggest issue that I have is that one of them shows signs of Zinc or Iron deficiency probably due to mess up with ph.

My tap water ph is around 6.5. When I use neutral water 5.5-5.8 to get overflow my reading is 6.5...What should I do with this one?

Nute Burn

Zinc Iron Def?

Zinc Iron Def?

I will be very grateful for any advise and help. It is my first grow so I'm learning and the best way to learn is on mistakes...

Jahpharmer

What's wrong with my young plants?

What's wrong with my young plants?

Hi Joe,

Here's a recent photo of the top of my young Train Wreck strain.

They are in new, custom mixed coco-based soil. The tops appear somewhat skinny, but twisted. What's your best guess on what's wrong here?

These plants were transplanted from 1qt. pots into 5 gallon pots 2 weeks ago.

Daytime temperatures in the garden (full sunlight) are regularly exceeding 100ºf. And, yes they are getting watered daily, about 1/2 - 3/4 gallon each. They are being fed "Growilla" brand as a top dressing weekly.

Attachments

• Sick plant? IMG_3001.jpg
    Sick plant? IMG_3001.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 47

ExEcutioner

nahh the burnt tips along withh the scorching is def nute burn....give them a flush(or plain water if in hydro.dwc) for a day or 2 and then resume...

Ive been a dumbass and i think i ruined my od season doing the above, and worse it was outdoors with soil crystals, the ground is moist and stays that way. am i best letting em dry out then water or do i try to flush so to speak?

its in the ground, mixed a bag of good soil in ground with half native. I roylayy fd up and used way to much house n garden a+b soil

Edit:

Problem wasnt house n garden. there nutes are amazing espically when u keep it 6.2 or 6.3 like they tell you. my problem wast N burn from strays pissing on the plants... problem fixed

Last edited:
Hi

if possible some please help i cant sort it by my self.
my plants are yellowing and i dont know what to do

HYDROPONICS/Aero Ponics/Coco/Soiless/

How long has this problem been going on? started aroun week ago
Are you growing in a PVC grow tent? (example: Hydrohut or any other non brand tents) yes in the tent but its a mammoth tent and from what i kwon its safe
What system are you running? (DWC? Ebb flow? Aero? Water Farm? Flood Tables? and so on...) smartpot beds
What STRAIN are you growing? amnesia ( coffeshop cut)
What was the establishing technique? (Were the seed or clone?) clone
What is the age of your plants? 33day of flowering
How long have they been in there mixture they are in now?(coco,soiless etc..) 35days
How tall are the plants? 1 meter
What PHASE are the plants in? (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? flower
What Technique are you using? sog
What substrate/medium are you using?(Hydroton, RockWool etc.) coco/perlite 70/30
What is the Water temperature? 20
What color are your roots? White? Brown? Are your roots simy? white
What Nutrient's are you using?(If growing soiless) canna coco a+b as base and whole range of aptus, one time a week capulators benefitial tea
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*
How often are you feeding? (If using soiless) everyday 1 time
How often are you giving nutrients? (If using soiless) every watering
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients? aptus aditieves from 3rd week
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect)
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using 1.0 and from few days 1.3
What is the pH of the "Tank"? 5.5-6.1
How often are you testing your pH/PPM/EC/TDS? everyday before watering
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equipment? yes
When was your last watering?today
What is your water temps? 20
When was your last feeding change? (ie. grow-bloom-micro-additional) 2 weeks ago
How often do you clean your system: example: Flush out water replace with clean water and nutrients? everyday
What size bulb are you using? 600 + boost so 690
How old is the bulbs you are using? 3 months
What is the distance to the canopy? 80 cm
What is your RH Factor(Relative Humidity)? 60
What is the canopy temperature? 27c
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range) 19-21c
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ?
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? cosed room wit ac
Is your water HARD or SOFT? soft
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? tap water filtered by carbon filters
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap? 0.2 ec
If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives?
Are you using water from a water softener? no
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched ? no
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When? never
Are plant's infected with pest's ? no

im using co2 at 1000ppm

:tiphat:

Groove'nGraph

Slow-to-no growth, help!

Slow-to-no growth, help!

Hello ICMAG!!!
Virgin post here, been lurking for some time.

Ready for the flames - here we go:

10 Unidentified bagseeds, recovered from flowers acquired as "ak47", if memory serves, soaked in paper towel May 7, first tap roots May 8, 2015.

9 germinated, 7 survive planting to 'pro-mix' (50-75% peat moss)
Been under 70-90w cfl, tried to keep the watering down. Had a fan on them for a while, but it was a bit direct.

This seems like very little growth for that much time.
The only purchases I have made are a bag of coco, but I haven't used it yet.

All help appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 47
R

Robrites

What a great resource...Thanks![FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
smile.gif
[/FONT]

grthebigg

My precious: (

My precious: (

Hi everyone. I have 2 plants. But one of them going to yellowish from down.i read many text in the net but i didn't understand what can i do please help me. My plant going to die 😕

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 51