What's new

How do you feel about nicotiana tobacum?

CannaZen

Hey I have seeds, been smoking for about 4 or 5 years. When I feel like crap from smoking I vape 50% thc concentrate. Most of it gets wasted.

I was wondering if it is an evil effect the consumption on a daily basis. Cannabis is wonderful but I like smoking leaf :p

St. Phatty

Tobacco is a Bio-Accumulator for heavy metals like Polonium and Uranium, which are both radioactive.

A surprise to me, until I started studying Nuclear Science and one of the homework assignments (in taking radiation measurements) was most expeditiously accomplished in a tobacco shop.

Part of the carcinogenic activity of Tobacco, is that it sticks individual Polonium atoms on your lung.

Only tiny amounts, traces. Parts per Billion, Parts per Trillion.

I would like to see someone grow tobacco that is free from the heavy metals, although that might end up being very expensive.

CannaZen

Tobacco is a Bio-Accumulator for heavy metals like Polonium and Uranium, which are both radioactive.

A surprise to me, until I started studying Nuclear Science and one of the homework assignments (in taking radiation measurements) was most expeditiously accomplished in a tobacco shop.

Part of the carcinogenic activity of Tobacco, is that it sticks individual Polonium atoms on your lung.

Only tiny amounts, traces. Parts per Billion, Parts per Trillion.

I would like to see someone grow tobacco that is free from the heavy metals, although that might end up being very expensive.
Hmm my soil has heavy metals, my grow location leaks radon gas. I believe a meteor hit my location xD we have a radon alarm in the house along with an extractor or something to keep levels from accumulating in the house.

Only small amounts outside I believe. There is a farm field next to us and residential area aha.

It's fine for now thank you for warning me I saw an article but I dismissed it. I have a second grow location about an hour 45 outside of town. do you know just how much of the heavy metals in the soil are absorbed?

Ill keep that in mind. They used to grow mint in the farm fields next to us decades ago. I'm thinking about growing a couple of seasons here before growing my plants outside of town. Edit: as far as I know the gas is only localized to my residential area

Last edited:

St. Phatty

Hmm my soil has heavy metals, my grow location leaks radon gas. I believe a meteor hit my location xD we have a radon alarm in the house along with an extractor or something to keep levels from accumulating in the house.

Only small amounts outside I believe. There is a farm field next to us and residential area aha.

It's fine for now thank you for warning me I saw an article but I dismissed it. I have a second grow location about an hour 45 outside of town. do you know just how much of the heavy metals in the soil are absorbed?

Ill keep that in mind. They used to grow mint in the farm fields next to us decades ago. I'm thinking about growing a couple of seasons here before growing my plants outside of town. Edit: as far as I know the gas is only localized to my residential area

It's not a bad thing. Heavy Metals includes Gold and to some extent Silver.

If you're growing in a basement, e.g. in New Hampshire which has a lot of Granite and therefore Uranium, Radium etc, you are probably using ventilation - which will take care of accumulated Radon gas.

I think most plants are bio-accumulators. The question is just, how much do we absorb into our bodies via smoke.

It would be good to know, how many Alpha emitters are planted on the surfaces of your lungs by smoking Tobacco or Cannabis ?

It's a numbers game. The fewer problem heavy metal atoms that you embed in your lung tissue by smoking, the better.

I am pretty sure that if we Humans dried Lettuce and then smoked it, it would be a similar problem.

The Alpha emitters at close range are the ones that kill cells & damage DNA. It's what Russia used to murder Litvinenko by poisoning his tea, using Polonium. Did a job on his intestines, so I guess he sort of starved to death.

romanoweed

have you ever smoked Backwood Joints? Backwoods are Cigars, you open them up and re-roll them.

However, i tried just buying a normal Cigar at the local Tabakshop, and i dont know why, it was never the same as the Backwood.

Anyway, i once smoked a Backwood filled with just a bit Hash, so it was really a thin Joint.

And im telling you it was one of the most delicious things ever. Also the Effect, it makes you feel like in the
Tropics, the difference of a normal shitty Cigarette to this is DAY and Night.

It made everything so slow, warm, tropical, calm relaxed, it smelled like a cuban Street. Unbelevable Chocolate earthy, Concret Street smells. Vanille smell i recall.
Its a natural Paper i guess, so this is what Tabacco actully should be like.. Again, i tried various Cigars , they were comparably making me cough, and dint have any of the good flavors, and are anyway too fat..

So, Backwood Cigars, buy them, roll them, theyre exeptional. Atleast this one time. If there is a Choice, you need natural ones i think.

romanoweed

(just googled it again, some are called Backwood Carribe, some Backwood Blue with Vanille. Some are Called Backwood Authentic with Florida Tabacco.. i think either i had the Carribean, or Blue)

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Tobacco and cannabis is a unholy combination. I still struggle to let tobacco go. Imo the effect of cannabis gets dulled with tobacco but it adds also something good to the effect. I smoke way more together but it's because the tobacco wears off and i crave that flush.
Tobacco is not nicotine alone there is also 2,3,6-trimethyl-1,4-naphthoquinone in it that acts as a maoi and enhances dopamine imo.
I remember when a buddy of mine grew some tobacco there were way less effect from the tobacco. But the tobacco u get to buy is also more than just the plant. The natural tobacco was less palatable without all the sauce and aroma and the sold one kicked more because of the added alkaline stuff to freebase the nicotine while smoking imo. Yeah when u buy it stuff is added to make it taste better so u keep smoking and also to make it kick harder.

romanoweed

as said, i HATE blunts. Im not exaggurating, im also not a Fan af smoking at all, i started later than all my Friends , and stopped for years, its good to releave Stress, and overcome Exhaustion in your live. But i hate the Quality . Backwoods are most suited to Cannbis, and are the whole Leave. imagine your kitchenherbs grinded , Stems and shit mixed in to the max. thats a blunt, and a cigarette.. its sh_t.

So trust me, it is special, and im not shure if its the same when grown outside of the Tropics.
Its a bit hard to get , but ask at Gas Stations, commercial looking Tabaccoshops for Backwoods, try before you judge, it is special. Hard to say if i would like it with special Sativa Homegrewn weed tho.

Another Idea: In Africa they combine wild Dagga with Weed traditionally if i recall Right.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I roll with Backwoods wrappers a few times a year.

I'm not a fan of smoking blunts but I enjoy rolling them...

And once you have it rolled... well.... what else can you do with it?

I like the sweet aromatic variety. A five pack lasts me a year.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I roll American Spirit organic in Raw single wides for a regular cigarette.

Maybe go through two or three pouches a week.

I also mix herb and tobacco... I smoke pure joints rarely, about ten percent of the time.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I'm considering growing some but I'm a little shy about curing it.

I know flue curing is probably a little bit difficult to get the hang of.

It'd be nice to just roll small blunts and not worry about buying papers.

romanoweed

DIY Hemp Papers:

DIY Papers from any Fiber you want:

Just buy some Cigarette Glue, and voila, slow burning Papers of you favorite Plant

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I met a Navajo man in New Mexico that let me smoke a cigarette of his organic homegrown tobacco. That was a narcotic head spinning experience i wont forget. I guess it was the polonium
Polonium is from the radioactive fertilizer they've been using in the tobacco cultivation for cigarettes.The Polonium and lead isotopes are the main cause for lung cancer.
The head spinning experience is due high nicotine content.

Russians soldiers back in the day smoked Makhorka

Latest posts

Latest posts