What's new

Help: Yellowing Edges.

jackspratt61

GH Flora is bottled hydro salts. I've never used them before in my organic soil but figured what the hell I'll try it. I only gave it a tiny bit for a couple days to get the plants some nutes while it's waiting for the top dress to break down.
I’m earthboxes and reuse the mix too. Corrections are made with salts quite often to remove the guesswork and avoid na,Al,chloride etc. microbes get over it. When you have enough ca you’ll see swollen nodes no more than 3-4 branches below the tips. Those smaller red stems on your 15’s are showing low ca/p.

PadawanWarrior

I’m earthboxes and reuse the mix too. Corrections are made with salts quite often to remove the guesswork and avoid na,Al,chloride etc. microbes get over it. When you have enough ca you’ll see swollen nodes no more than 3-4 branches below the tips. Those smaller red stems on your 15’s are showing low ca/p.
You're saying I need to get the P up right? That's my thoughts at least.

PadawanWarrior

It was time to top dress my flowering plants today so I made up a basic top dress mix. If I want it higher in N I can add more high N guano. If I want P higher I can add more high P guano. Next time I might add in some karanja or neem meal too for bug deterent.

I also add extra langbeinite when I see any Mg deficiency signs. You can see the bigger flowering plant could use a few extra TBLS of it now which I'll give on next watering in a couple days.

Not counting whatever NPK (assuming they're 0-0-0) the Basalt and Gnarly Barley is it comes out to about 1.8-4.1-3.4

1 cup 7-3-1 Guano
1 cup 0-7-0 Guano
1 cup 0-13-0 Guano
1 cup 4-4-3 Chicken Manure
1 cup 3-9-4 Flower Girl
1 cup 3-5-2 Craft Blend
1 cup 1-0-2 Kelp Meal
1 cup 0-0-22 Langbeinite
1 cup ?-?-? Gnarly Barley
1 cup ?-?-? Basalt
2 TBLS Big 6 (Micronutrients)

jackspratt61

It was time to top dress my flowering plants today so I made up a basic top dress mix. If I want it higher in N I can add more high N guano. If I want P higher I can add more high P guano. Next time I might add in some karanja or neem meal too for bug deterent.

I also add extra langbeinite when I see any Mg deficiency signs. You can see the bigger flowering plant could use a few extra TBLS of it now which I'll give on next watering in a couple days.

Not counting whatever NPK (assuming they're 0-0-0) the Basalt and Gnarly Barley is it comes out to about 1.8-4.1-3.4

1 cup 7-3-1 Guano
1 cup 0-7-0 Guano
1 cup 0-13-0 Guano
1 cup 4-4-3 Chicken Manure
1 cup 3-9-4 Flower Girl
1 cup 3-5-2 Craft Blend
1 cup 1-0-2 Kelp Meal
1 cup 0-0-22 Langbeinite
1 cup ?-?-? Gnarly Barley
1 cup ?-?-? Basalt
2 TBLS Big 6 (Micronutrients)
Watch for sodium buildup. Na/K over 10% of your base will block P.

PadawanWarrior

I see Low ca and p and they’re out of balance. Once you get enough ca balanced with p the metals will stay proper and smaller amounts of k will be needed. Look at ca as giving you room to feed. It’s like the canvass you paint on.
I usually have plenty Ca from my water and amendments. I'd say most of my soil has high Ca. The flowering plant that's showing Mg deficiency is probably due to the higher Ca levels. That's why the extra langbeinite works so well for me. I just ran out of my second 5 lb box today. This time I'm going down the road to Grow Generation to get a 50lb bag for $60. I think I've been paying like $20 for 5 lbs.

jackspratt61

I usually have plenty Ca from my water and amendments. I'd say most of my soil has high Ca. The flowering plant that's showing Mg deficiency is probably due to the higher Ca levels. That's why the extra langbeinite works so well for me. I just ran out of my second 5 lb box today. This time I'm going down the road to Grow Generation to get a 50lb bag for $60. I think I've been paying like $20 for 5 lbs.your

I usually have plenty Ca from my water and amendments. I'd say most of my soil has high Ca. The flowering plant that's showing Mg deficiency is probably due to the higher Ca levels. That's why the extra langbeinite works so well for me. I just ran out of my second 5 lb box today. This time I'm going down the road to Grow Generation to get a 50lb bag for $60. I think I've been paying like $20 for 5 lbs.
The 120 calcium carbonate on the test doesn’t mean actual ca ppm. It is a calcium carbonate equivalent. A good water test will help your grow. Should see swollen internodes with good calcium. How stable is ph in your 15’s?

PadawanWarrior

The 120 calcium carbonate on the test doesn’t mean actual ca ppm. It is a calcium carbonate equivalent. A good water test will help your grow. Should see swollen internodes with good calcium. How stable is ph in your 15’s?
I know the carbonate is pretty inaccessible Ca but my big pots have plenty Ca so I assume the 5 gal would too. Don't you usually see the brown spots with Ca deficiency though? The pH is super stable in the 15's.

jackspratt61

So are you saying sodium can lockout potassium?
Absolutely. And combined na/k can lockout p. It’s difficult to keep the sodium down and with the peat moss additions aluminum(blocks p)also becomes a factor too. You have good amounts of feed after five years but it’s out of balance. If you take the time to test you’ll save money on inputs and have a healthier grow. Balanced minerals the best you can plus push biology ftw.

jackspratt61

Sodium buildup is common without irrigation that includes leaching. It’s why I adjust with chemicals then work the biology. Getting closer to water only veg periods that way.

PadawanWarrior

Sodium buildup is common without irrigation that includes leaching. It’s why I adjust with chemicals then work the biology. Getting closer to water only veg periods that way.
I know people always say don't water organics to runoff but I always water until a little water comes out the bottom. My thought is it flushes out a tiny bit each time so stuff like Na doesn't build up.

Latest posts

Latest posts