What's new

Help me with my setup

saviorself

Long story short, I inherited alot of grow equipment. I didn't choose any of this equipment but im using what I can in the space I have provided. That being said, I have two tents set up side by side. A viparspectra 4x8 and a 4x5. Both tents include an infinity cloudline t8 fan with carbon filters. Smaller tent vents out the top and directly into the bottom of the 4x8. Second fan is set up in opposite side for some across wind action and planning on hooking second filter to window vent. Lights are all mars hydro. A TSL2000, TSW2000, and a TSW3000. Both tents are equipped with light movers (but im unsure how to make the best of them). I'm new to indoor cultivation and trying my best to set this up for success. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Attachments

• 20231014_225024.jpg
    20231014_225024.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 60
  • 20231014_094433.jpg
    20231014_094433.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 58
  • 20231014_225148.jpg
    20231014_225148.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 61

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Long story short, I inherited alot of grow equipment. I didn't choose any of this equipment but im using what I can in the space I have provided. That being said, I have two tents set up side by side. A viparspectra 4x8 and a 4x5. Both tents include an infinity cloudline t8 fan with carbon filters. Smaller tent vents out the top and directly into the bottom of the 4x8. Second fan is set up in opposite side for some across wind action and planning on hooking second filter to window vent. Lights are all mars hydro. A TSL2000, TSW2000, and a TSW3000. Both tents are equipped with light movers (but im unsure how to make the best of them). I'm new to indoor cultivation and trying my best to set this up for success. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
Start with one tent and fill it with one-gallon pots with females. As many as you can get in there and as the plants start to grow larger in tent 1 open tent 2. Up-pot the females into 3-gallon pots and place into tent 2 and start growing them out. The trick is using as many one-gallon pots as possible in the beginning for up-potting.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor

Here are the recommended heights for these lights and the light intensity for different stages of plant growth. But all plants are different, so you'll also need to make adjustments based on how your plants respond during planting.

Height: 12''

Seedling: 25%
Vegetation: 75%
Flowering: 100%

saviorself

Start with one tent and fill it with one-gallon pots with females. As many as you can get in there and as the plants start to grow larger in tent 1 open tent 2. Up-pot the females into 3-gallon pots and place into tent 2 and start growing them out. The trick is using as many one-gallon pots as possible in the beginning for up-potting.
Are you talking like an sog? Atm I have 9 seedlings which just sprouted. All photos, the plan so far was to go straight from solo cups to 3 gallon fabrics. They are not feminized so not all will make the cut. I have more auto fem and photo beans on the way. How important is it to use the 1 gallon in between?

saviorself

Here are the recommended heights for these lights and the light intensity for different stages of plant growth. But all plants are different, so you'll also need to make adjustments based on how your plants respond during planting.

Height: 12''

Seedling: 25%
Vegetation: 75%
Flowering: 100%
Sorry for my ignorance, but how do I change the intensity on these models?

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Our new white version of the TS lamp has a dimmer knob that can directly adjust the light intensity. There is a dimming hole on the old version of the lamp power supply, which needs to be screwed in with a screwdriver.

1698206770140.png
1698206777025.png

limegreenlimey

Lovely kit to inherit!

Are you planning a soil or hydro grow?

Fuel

Each his own is the new mantra, but i will tune a bit first the air exchange with centered carbon filters and dialed room intake (room, no tents). They are around 700cfm-1200m3/h and it represent a bunch of potential negative pressure and both tents represent a bunch of change in the static pressure of the room containing the tents, even dialed.

In a second time, externalizing everything i can to limit objects and potential worries in the tents : cables, RVK, the electrical power strip placed in roof and its wood sheet, ...

I'm not familiar with these LED, but by default i will opt for something enough large and dense to keep it fixed, dialing only %.

TSW3000 : 300w/1000µ -> look like short to play this way
TSW2000 : 200w/1000µ -> same
TSL2000 : 200w/1000µ -> ...

Maybe selling the LED panels (more compliant with limited spaces) to get one enough dense for the big tent, then playing cheap in veg with neons or something like it.

saviorself

Each his own is the new mantra, but i will tune a bit first the air exchange with centered carbon filters and dialed room intake (room, no tents). They are around 700cfm-1200m3/h and it represent a bunch of potential negative pressure and both tents represent a bunch of change in the static pressure of the room containing the tents, even dialed.

In a second time, externalizing everything i can to limit objects and potential worries in the tents : cables, RVK, the electrical power strip placed in roof and its wood sheet, ...

I'm not familiar with these LED, but by default i will opt for something enough large and dense to keep it fixed, dialing only %.

TSW3000 : 300w/1000µ -> look like short to play this way
TSW2000 : 200w/1000µ -> same
TSL2000 : 200w/1000µ -> ...

Maybe selling the LED panels (more compliant with limited spaces) to get one enough dense for the big tent, then playing cheap in veg with neons or something like it.
I was thinking of using two of the led lights In the veg tent and upgrading lights in the larger tent when I can afford it. Solid input thanks.

limegreenlimey

I'm doing soil for this first run, eventually I'd like to set up an rdwc with a top drip. Atm I'm just learning different methods and trying to decide what's best for me.
Make sure you get really quality soil. It makes a big difference. I recommend using plastic or ceramic pots and not fabric (I have used both) with trays underneath, to capture run off. Water them slowly, deeply and thoroughly (which is harder with fabric pots).

Your light mover can make a big difference. It is worth figuring out how to set it up properly. Especially when flowering, it will allow you to put your lamp closer to the plants (not too close though!). I have always wanted one but never had one

The thing(s) that you don't mention that are going to make the biggest difference to your grow(apart from the clones/seeds) is kit to manage pH. If you have hard mains water, you should invest in reverse osmosis, if you possibly can. If you can't, filtered rainwater. And in all cases invest in a really good pH meter and proper pH up/down fluids. Stable, correct pH makes a huge huge difference.

Also think seriously about getting an ozone unit for odor control. Indoor grows really stink and even if you are in a legal area, and especially if you are not, you need to mind your security.

As advised above, I would start with one tent (the bigger one) and reserve the second one for mother/clones/vegetation. If you take clones for a mother just before flowering, you should be able to have some clones ready for grow number two by the time you harvest the plants from grow number one.

saviorself

Thank your for your knowledge and insight. I had bought one of the cheap ph meters and what do ya know? It wouldn't hold a calibration. In the process of returning it now. For the time being, I have a friend giving me ph balanced gallon jugs until I can get another. I'm going to go with the ac infinity meter.
I had gotten an unopened bag of miracle grow moisture control and thought it would be a good seed starter mix.... It's proving to be too hot for the sprouts so I messed up there. I'm assuming since I sprouted in soil, I'm stuck with soil or can I change it to a peat or coir mix when I up-pot?
I own a housr in the country so no city water. I pump out of a well and it goes through a salt tank and a uv light to kill bacteria. I'm curious to see the ph when I get my meter.
Are ozone units necessary alongside carbon filters? The more I've been reading, I think I'll change my plan to duct both out vents to a nearby window. Possibly with two exits or with the use of a Y connector.
I'm inexperienced with cloning. I'd probably have to make sure they root before flipping. Can you take cuttings after signs of preflower?

limegreenlimey

Thank your for your knowledge and insight. I had bought one of the cheap ph meters and what do ya know? It wouldn't hold a calibration. In the process of returning it now. For the time being, I have a friend giving me ph balanced gallon jugs until I can get another. I'm going to go with the ac infinity meter.
I had gotten an unopened bag of miracle grow moisture control and thought it would be a good seed starter mix.... It's proving to be too hot for the sprouts so I messed up there. I'm assuming since I sprouted in soil, I'm stuck with soil or can I change it to a peat or coir mix when I up-pot?
I own a housr in the country so no city water. I pump out of a well and it goes through a salt tank and a uv light to kill bacteria. I'm curious to see the ph when I get my meter.
Are ozone units necessary alongside carbon filters? The more I've been reading, I think I'll change my plan to duct both out vents to a nearby window. Possibly with two exits or with the use of a Y connector.
I'm inexperienced with cloning. I'd probably have to make sure they root before flipping. Can you take cuttings after signs of preflower?
You can change to peat or coir. I would use coir but check that you get suitable nutrients for it.

Carbon filter relatively effective. Ozone pretty much guaranteed no smell.

Cloning is super easy. I would not worry about that. Get some good rooting gel, a clean scalpel, some plugs, and a propagator. All cheap. Make sure everything very clean. Honestly it is very simple and vastly simpler to grow a big crop than from seeds. Just take lots of cuttings, as you will lose some, and select the healthiest of similar size when you are ready to transplant. And you will get a nice even canopy, which is really important under lights, for a good harvest. You can take cuttings at any time but it is easier before they start flowering fully. Clones cut from the base of the plants, where there are more natural hormones associated with root development, take much more readily. So I like to take them when I trim out the bottom third of the plants, about a week before flowering, which I recommend.