Competition Brainstorming Contest - Win premium membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
anyway that is a good idea to make pre-420 cups like qualifier rounds before the original yearly 420 cup.
but it comes with duties and responsibility, i think this is a little bit over the current topic.
for now we should focus on the forum, and make every member confident with the changes

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would love to see icmag doing more interactive competitions.

Like the gr-oympics - having teams of breeders and growers and nute companies all team up against eachother and be judged on flower, shatter, hash etc so that countries or regions within countries all work together in any vertical or horizontal or chain of the finished project.
- Holland vs Canada vs u.s.
- or combine countries and regions against eachother, Europe vs s America vs North America vs africa

By far the most inclusive event of all time

It's something I've wanted to do for over a decade. Just been way too busy

And do smaller icmag sponsored events like worlds best rolling papers, a nutrient only competition with 1 strain, a lighting competition nutrients and seed breeders can sponsor.

That way we all know who the players are and it can bring in a ton of new and old blood, corporate buy in money, the world's best advertising for said company. And really see who I'd who and what is what.

All ideas from my old note book

Long term ot can land more viewers, members vendor spots and advertising for the platform. Everyone from seed cos, grow systems, nutrient cos, lighting, papers and bong companies to finished packagers can get involved. Long term and short term it's worth the work and organizing.

My dreams for over a decade. Can be done in real time. E ermine involved would have to post weekly updates of their grows

- revenue/traffic and "world firsts" for icmag and all parties involved
- credibility and marketing loop holes for new legal companies from. Legal countries and regions or states
- a chance for new and old breeders and nutrient and lighting companies to make a name for themselves, labs to do the testing
- total transparency all aspects of chain of custody from seed to judging (or other scenrios) is priceless

Really benefits and possibilities for all involved have limitless potentials

Last edited:

Abdthi1966

Premium user
the biggest thing that’s bugged me since I got here is the lose rulings on advertising. It seems every other day someone come to hauck seeds without being a vendor. Most of us look through it super quickly but I’ve seen plenty of green replies that immeadily send money off to some random person to get scammed. In a world full of seed scammers I feel like that is the one place that should be fully trustworthy in that area. It just seems like it could be a little stricter with posting websites and differing things like that.

Local events might be nice as well. I’ve been thinking about hosting some small event in my area considering the fully legally nature around me (if I was allowed to that is). For an example, maybe something like a breeding cup for the folks in the states who get left out sometimes with the competitions over sees. Idk it’s just a thought.

Far as the veteran thing goes, I think it’s great to recognize member status, as long as everyone can still benefit from their knowledge even if they’re new. Maybe you could have a couple private forums for the old-timers to be on their own, but any other alienation could potentially lose new members, or so it would seem to me. I like what someone said about just limiting comment ability in some places.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
the biggest thing that’s bugged me since I got here is the lose rulings on advertising. It seems every other day someone come to hauck seeds without being a vendor. Most of us look through it super quickly but I’ve seen plenty of green replies that immeadily send money off to some random person to get scammed. In a world full of seed scammers I feel like that is the one place that should be fully trustworthy in that area. It just seems like it could be a little stricter with posting websites and differing things like that.
this is the main reason, we would like to keep clean the main forum from these. but we are humans, and we cant read every single comments all the time, instantly. and this is also depending on the member, instead of reporting the tou offender, they are sending money for their beans?
it was their choice to do that for some whatever cuase.

Abdthi1966

Premium user
this is the main reason, we would like to keep clean the main forum from these. but we are humans, and we cant read every single comments all the time, instantly. and this is also depending on the member, instead of reporting the tou offender, they are sending money for their beans?
it was their choice to do that for some whatever cuase.
You’re right brotha, you lot couldn’t possibly keep up with all of it. Maybe there is a different solution, and yes the people who send money off of their own volition are responsible for their own decisions. However, I just hate seeing gullible people be taken for a ride, even if it is their fault.

All of you mods are very much appreciated!

can'tfindmyway

Too old Senior Member
Hello everyone,

I say how I see it .... I really like the idea as soon as I read it ..... and in fact it presents several problems that other users have reported ... but the idea that there can be a section readable by anyone but where only some users can intervene does not seem bad to me, indeed ... it would allow the writer to write without having to answer inappropriate questions (often really idiotic) .... and it would be great for those who want to learn.

Good would also be to lower the limit a little ... even if it is a bad job, but more than in the years I would look at the content .. as well as the years of belonging to the forum

Too often I read unappealable sentences, too often I read wrong things, not contextualized that maybe in a particular situation are right, but they are paid like the truths come down from heaven ... this would certainly help to shed light in the fog that certain wrong info give.

Even the idea of small competitions in the various regional sections and then getting to a global tournament does not seem bad to me.

Come on, with a few taps of the file something really good could come out of it !!

Ca++

What’s that got to do with a cannabis forum ? What a random quote ….
That was me trying to not say any more on the subject, having aired the idea and seen posts from both sides. Yet twice I have had to come back to this, and even now you are getting likes for your post. So I do understand that some people agree, some people can't see it, and some people like yourself want to make a worthless post.

Do you actually have an idea? Don't worry, I won't feel the need to out you, if I'm too stupid to see it

Rastafarout

Premium user
That was me trying to not say any more on the subject, having aired the idea and seen posts from both sides. Yet twice I have had to come back to this, and even now you are getting likes for your post. So I do understand that some people agree, some people can't see it, and some people like yourself want to make a worthless post.

Do you actually have an idea? Don't worry, I won't feel the need to out you, if I'm too stupid to see it
No the problem is that is that is done and dusted … that’s not even our generation so how could we choose what to change it
The thing is we have now , terrible terrible shit …. But this is not a political platform or forum

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Dear @exploziv

Many global communities have a "Schedule" function, and due to time differences in many areas, content creators' threads can easily be overwhelmed and thus fail to be seen by the target audience.

I hope Icmag can consider adding this feature in the future, if Icmag can add it I think it would be a big step.

Best regards

sneezydog

My idea is not letting any paid access or sales reps into a trading zone designed for old members. General info should not be in these areas. Any paid member could access something slightly less awesome than the old timers club. I think this is important.
Also maybe an accepted area of show and tell of tradeable through pm seeds for everyone.
Also, folks with multiple years under different names as paranoia dictates, Could be added together;) Good luck with it all!

Status
Not open for further replies.