What's new

Auto Northern Lights and Wild Thailand Ryder

NeDank

Hello, all Broski's and welcome to my grow journal.

This is my 3rd or 4th journal here on Icmag. We will be growing Auto Northern Lights by 00 seeds and Wild Thailand Ryder by WoS. Both of these are two of my favorite autoflower strains I've grown in the past. Both I would say have a nice mellow kind of high, heavy eyes type. WTR is misleading because by the name you would think it's 100% sativa but it's more of a hybrid ime. Northern Lights is also a hybrid with more narrow leaf type growth habit.

Enough jabber on to the specs

Strains- 1 Wild Thailand Ryder auto and 1 Northern Lights auto

Lights - 2 x Auto Cobs from cobshop I think they are each 65w LED 3000k spectrum. At first the lights are placed about 20'' from the seedlings then when the plants get stronger the light is lowered to 16'' from the plant. Maybe even closer we'll see.

Light Cycle - 24/0

Pots - 3 Gallon Fabric RootMaker

Tent - 3'x3'x6' Generic ebay tent

Soil - Half coco coir half compost or thereabouts

For pics since there is nothing to see yet here is a WTR from the last time I grew it.
picture.php

Northern Lights
picture.php

Also note my grow tent is a mess! The floor is dirty from overwatering so I need to clean it this week. Sorry for the inconvenience in any upcoming photo's.
Feel free to ask questions, comment, or post pics. Happy Newyear everyone!

Last edited:

NeDank

Northern Lights Auto sprouted today so we have 100% germination. I'm not sure if I will plant 2 more plants when I order 2 more auto cobs. We shall see.

NeDank

Day 5

Haven't needed to water yet so just letting the babies get used to their homes.

pics

WTR
picture.php

NL
picture.php

NeDank

I'm not sure what is wrong with my plants. They are not growing just staying small with tiny leaves. I'll show you guys in the next day or two.

NeDank

I think the problem was I wasn't watering my plants enough. They got pretty dry but didn't die. Hopefully, they will bounce back.

NeDank

Here is what I mean about the plants not growing. Most likely due to not getting watered.

picture.php

picture.php

I'll let them go for another week and if they don't seem to be growing I'll plant more seeds.

Koondense

Veteran
Correct your soil aeration, those plants need more air to the roots to grow. And they probably have too much water overall.

Cheers

NeDank

Today is day 1 for both babies. Unfortunately NL sprouted with one seed leaf instead of two so it will grow a bit slower till it gets a bit bigger.

NeDank

Here is a quick shot of the babies.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Do note the two smaller pots in front of the tent are two different types of peppers I'm going to try getting peppers to grow indoors.

teide

Veteran
Looking forward to the results!
The previous Thai Ryder and NL turned out nice, so I reckon this grow will be good. Been thinking of the Thai Ryder myself. Shame it is not as pure sativa as the name implies. Funnily, your NL looked a whole lot more sativa 😁

NeDank

Looking forward to the results!
The previous Thai Ryder and NL turned out nice, so I reckon this grow will be good. Been thinking of the Thai Ryder myself. Shame it is not as pure sativa as the name implies. Funnily, your NL looked a whole lot more sativa ��

You should definitely try WTR it is a great plant! More of a skunk I'd say rather than full on sativa. But skunk is good too.

:)

NeDank

Day 15

The babies have started to grow after being stunted. Hope they will grow well from here on out.

picture.php

picture.php

And the peppers in case anyone wants to follow along with them aswell

picture.php

picture.php

NeDank

So far the pot plants seem to be growing quite fast now that they have a set of true leaves. The peppers are still in the seedling stage without a set of true leaves. Can't wait to show you guys next weeks update.

NeDank

I'm back with a update.

Day 27

As you will see the plants have been stunted by repeated spraying of insecticide. Fortunately they both are still growing and out growing the stuntedness.

On to the pics.

picture.php

NL
picture.php

WTR
picture.php

A miniature rose I bought to grow for flowers
picture.php

The peppers didn't get an update today. They (I'm guessing) have been stunted by the cooler temperatures in the garden at night.

Please give update, having same issues.

Please give update, having same issues.

Hi!,
So I'm also rocking WoS, Pakistani Ryder and Sweet Seeds. I'm having the same sslllooowwww growth.
They are still going and look healthy just super slow.
How did your turn out I'f I may ask?

Thanks!

NeDank

Hi!,
So I'm also rocking WoS, Pakistani Ryder and Sweet Seeds. I'm having the same sslllooowwww growth.
They are still going and look healthy just super slow.
How did your turn out I'f I may ask?

Thanks!

I over fed the plants and they died.

I was over watering as the coco holds water a lot. If this is the cause for your plants slow growth I suggest getting a moisture meter from ebay. A cheap one will work wonders for your garden. I water when the meter says 3 or lower which is where the red part starts on my meter. When I pulled the plants out of the dirt the roots were small and not branching out much. This is a sign of over watering.

Wishing you well on your grow hope this helps.