What's new

Alec Baldwin to be charged with involuntary manslaughter over “Rust” death

Dime

Baldwin was very vocal against the NRA and the individual right to gun ownership and many people consider it karma. He's great in this severely underrated movie.

Cuddles

The problem there is that, while they're skilled in their craft and score really high on I.Q , there's many different fields of intelligence and a high IQ doesn't necessarily translate to good decision making

James Woods a good actor but i don't know if he'd make a good president. Just an example
true, you have a good point there :) But is he also super smart ? :)
Mensa members are still brainier than most others and may offer real solutions.
Besides many politicians in power don´t have a really long political history - Trump, Boris, are just two of them. And how good a job do the ones make who have been in an office anyway? Answer: they´re not doing a great job.
And this is why we need a change and a new start in every way to make things better :)

Cuddles

that won't work, those folks are all too smart to subject themselves and extended family/friends to the invasive press treatment/harassment entailed in a job like that. you'd have to shoot them with a tranquilizer rifle and have them in the Oval Office before they wake up to get them in there, much as they do bears etc when relocating them... but i like the idea. :good:
lol
good point! maybe this is why they don´t even bother .
but they really should imo
and then they can pass new laws , making weed legal being just one of them ;)

Captain Red Eye

LOL heres a good question. How many of you actually believe that your vote as a public citizen actually matters in deciding who the next president will be? Bonus question what form of government would it be if every common citizens vote matter in a presidential election. Bonus Bonus who can tell me what the word government means etymologically?

Mind control.

Captain Red Eye

I think your vote does matter if it was done without coniving and corruption,if it was honest as intended and counted without influence. We have to put faith in it ,what else have we got?Government means to rule or command.

I like the idea of you "vote" how to control your life and I "vote" how to control mine. That's the kind of voting that matters to me.

That's my philosophy, it foments live and let live.

I think when we vote for some third party to control everybody else lives is when problems arise. I gave up voting like that when I realized I don't have the right to force somebody on you and I don't like it when somebody does the same to me.

That is politics, it foments forcible control over others.

Yes, govern means control. Ment comes from latin, (mense) meaning mind. Hence, "mind control".

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Only 2 parties will ever be in charge,they learned it's more lucrative to take turns robbing the kitty decades ago.
I worked for AT&T executive branch in 1997 and was told they give 60% to who they think will win and 40% to the other party. Either way they get everything they want.

Attachments

• venn.jpg
    venn.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 3

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Only 2 parties will ever be in charge,they learned it's more lucrative to take turns robbing the kitty decades ago.
With electoral college, if a 3rd party was strong, they would never reach 51% of vote. If that happens congress loaded with GOP/DNC can pick anyone they want to be president. Would need to have congress loaded with that 4ed party to have any chance.

Latest posts

Latest posts