What's new

where to get good recreational in denver?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
smoked some very nice weed from mr. nice guys in denver
the dabs weren't as impressive as the flowers tho...
worth a try imo

Peacefrog

Veteran
I can't currently grow myself due to female relations but as a resident of Colorado I have been able to rely on the recreational market to get my fix. In the commercial market I have to accept lower standards than my own homegrown, but my main considerations for worthiness of purchase are of course how buzzed I get and then how smokable it is in a joint. If it won't stay lit or burns black it is garbage to me. If it it burns white and doesn't even induce a hint of a cough I consider that quality recreational herb. Regardless, paying over $200 per ounce is too much in any market in Colorado unless it is amazingly exceptional quality.

In Southern Colorado, Strawberry Fields in Pueblo has the best prices and selection with varying quality. They are resellers (as in they don't grow their own) but they have a reliable pricing structure that is very reasonable for the bulk user. There are a lot of tourist traps in Pueblo that should be avoided. There are places that charge 300+ for an ounce for nasty green weed. That is pretty much the Pueblo West scene. I haven't checked them all out but my experience has been that there is no volume break and shops that supply both medical and rec screw over the rec users. To be clear, I am talking about the Pueblo scene.

Farther north, there aren't any reasonable recreational options in the Colorado Springs area. It's a great place to live but for some reason you can't get legal weed there. So you have to venture up I25 to the rec Mecca.

Denver is a weed map full of choices. The current market has you out the door for most strains at less than $160 per ounce for the locations that choose to be competitive. Some may disagree with this but I have been very impressed with the quality of Lightshade varieties. They are less compacted than most dispensary buds and burn extremely well.

Good Chemistry has great variety and pricing but the quality is hit and miss. Their Juicy Fruit Thai did stand out in all aspects over several other strains I bought from this chain.

L'Eagle looks very promising in terms of quality but their pricing runs into the premium range. I will be trying them out on my next excursion. I haven't tried Sweet Leaf but they have a great selection at low prices. The Joint also has a great rep and will be visited in the near future.

The bottom line is that Denver is an amazing opportunity for the enthusiast to experience a great variety at reasonable prices. One should be aware that any prices over $200 an ounce should be considered with a very discerning eye and over $300 is just gouging and one should move on.

I will report back as my exploration of the Colorado recreational scene expands. Best wishes to everyone that starts their own adventures!

Peacefrog

Veteran
What has vaping done to quality standards?

What has vaping done to quality standards?

Something else I want to bitch about ... vaping covers up the sins of a lot of poorly grown weed. When you are vaping you get the flavor but not the harshness so a lot of reviewers don't realize they are endorsing crap.

In my opinion, the only way to evaluate a particular batch is to roll a joint in orange ZigZag papers and take deep drags. If it stays lit and never makes you cough, you have a quality grow and can further evaluate the nuances of that strain. If it makes you see stars from all the coughing it is crap and you should move on.

In 35 years of toking my experience has been that the best way to consume is to smoke cleanly grown herb. Vaping seems good but I notice that it seems to leave behind a non-tarry residue that slows down my cardio. Smoking well-grown herb has a very short-term effect on my cardio from the combustion but quickly passes. Vaping seems to leave behind a slime in my lungs. Does anyone else notice this when compared to smoking?

Such are the musings of an old drunk stoner (that exercises a lot and notices the effects of bad weed) ...

Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Something else I want to bitch about ... vaping covers up the sins of a lot of poorly grown weed. When you are vaping you get the flavor but not the harshness so a lot of reviewers don't realize they are endorsing crap.

In my opinion, the only way to evaluate a particular batch is to roll a joint in orange ZigZag papers and take deep drags. If it stays lit and never makes you cough, you have a quality grow and can further evaluate the nuances of that strain. If it makes you see stars from all the coughing it is crap and you should move on.

In 35 years of toking my experience has been that the best way to consume is to smoke cleanly grown herb. Vaping seems good but I notice that it seems to leave behind a non-tarry residue that slows down my cardio. Smoking well-grown herb has a very short-term effect on my cardio from the combustion but quickly passes. Vaping seems to leave behind a slime in my lungs. Does anyone else notice this when compared to smoking?

Such are the musings of an old drunk stoner (that exercises a lot and notices the effects of bad weed) ...

in colorado, tainted herb that cannot be sold due to failed lab tests can be "remediated" via solvent based extract.
if this extract is not properly "cleaned" (winterize/distill) there can still be traces of residual
BUT even those extracts made from tainted product must be lab tested AGAIN before hitting the shelves

i agree taht best way to decipher quality is in a joint, i don't prefer zig zags but diff strokes for diff folks

the ill effects of vaping that you are experiencing may be due to the PPG or VG taht is being used to make vape cartridge hash less viscous

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Good Chemistry has great variety and pricing but the quality is hit and miss. Their Juicy Fruit Thai did stand out in all aspects over several other strains I bought from this chain.

L'Eagle looks very promising in terms of quality but their pricing runs into the premium range. I will be trying them out on my next excursion. I haven't tried Sweet Leaf but they have a great selection at low prices. The Joint also has a great rep and will be visited in the near future.

I toured the Good Chem grow a few years ago. Was pretty cool/clean. They've since moved onto a bigger grow with a different head I think. (Or rather that original grower is helping them with Cali operations maybe.) I give a them a pretty solid thumbs up but the waiting room on Colfax is kinda tiny...

I think Sweet Leaf might still be growing my NYCDxPurp, as I left it in a building they later bought. They might still have a good WifixTahoe cut which I was a big fan of.

Still haven't gone to L'Eagle but I seem to remember they have clones....? Might see what they have this weekend.

There's some Lotus Wholesale/Killer Queen going around which is the real deal. Keep an eye out!!!

Happy hunting!

M

meowmeowmeow

Fact or BS .... your choice

Fact or BS .... your choice

Sweet Leaf's grow was mite ridden asf if you didn't know. Be wary.
Not confirmed, but advised they are resellers basically now until they can get thier shit together.
saw a pic from the grow before it was shutdown ..... not good.

As for IPM at commercial grows (Only because I work at one) prevention and maintainance are crucial.
No grow is perfect and the horror stories we have all heard.........a lot are true.
The place I work is very proactive with cross containmination, spraying and cleaning.

Not sayin there's a dispo 100% perfect....'cough' TGS 'cough' has a person assigned to vacuum mites off their bud before packaging.

41n03vUcYZL.jpg

As Miles stated "in colorado, tainted herb that cannot be sold due to failed lab tests"

True but this guy & many others have heard some fucked up shit happening with flower 'round chere.
Case in point .... my homie was handed a pound to break up and package.
Upon recieving the flower he saw black mold on it.
Manager advised to remove tinted bud and package rest.
As an employee who had bills he jus followded orders. Not a good situation to be in.
Same place that I mentioned before about the mites.

With that said all the Cali people hoping regulations on REC will help curb the shadyness........GOOD LUCK.

Just be careful and ask a local is all.

My buddy work swears by his spot, but I'm alwys on the hunt for good smoke at a good value.....BTW MED/Industry discounts can be better prices, but of course you have to be badged.

Don't fall for the $99 oz gimmick.
Do you're research and OTD some Oz's can be up to $400 REC.

I dropped $200 in 5 mins @ Kind Love 2 weeks ago and then got 2 oz's that could be worth $400 (Home grown). Way better bud.

Hve a good Sunday all :biggrin:

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Sweet Leaf's grow was mite ridden asf if you didn't know. Be wary.
Not confirmed, but advised they are resellers basically now until they can get thier shit together.
saw a pic from the grow before it was shutdown ..... not good.

Not sayin there's a dispo 100% perfect....'cough' TGS 'cough' has a person assigned to vacuum mites off their bud before packaging.

Truth. Same with High Street Growers/Back To The Garden. I'm fairly certain they continue to use cuts that contain E20 despite their recall.

(It's not all bad...)I know the guys at Natural Selections and they are good dudes/have a pretty clean grow. Waiting room can take a minute but I feel it's worth it.

M

meowmeowmeow

Trenchtown Diesel doo da

Trenchtown Diesel doo da

So there's Trenchtown on the Westside! of the D.
Their pride and joy (from what I was told) is this Triple Sour Diesel (Sour Diesel X OG Kush X NYCD).

Second go at this strain with the first being well recieved.
Bud was not finished all the way this time, but the Denver weather helped.
Picked up a quarted last week and this last night.
Thanks guys. 2 in one week.

IMG_20170226_181755.jpg

A little immature, but worth a shot.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If only it were finished proper this time & you got that bean...
Either way...
Lets see what that bad girl has in her.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
anyone else tried mr. nice guys dispensary in denver?
i'd like to hear other peeps opinions of the place & its product
i have a few friends running the place currently

Space Case

Veteran
So there's Trenchtown on the Westside! of the D.
Their pride and joy (from what I was told) is this Triple Sour Diesel (Sour Diesel X OG Kush X NYCD).

Second go at this strain with the first being well recieved.
Bud was not finished all the way this time, but the Denver weather helped.
Picked up a quarted last week and this last night.
Thanks guys. 2 in one week.

View attachment 399279

A little immature, but worth a shot.

A buddy of mine worked there and had to quit because he was getting lung infections from all the spores in the air. Since they were forced to only use fungicides on the approved list, they cannot get rid of their powdery mildew issues!

Bluto

Pm gross. Seems like these large grows would start using UV cleaning or intense deionizers. When production gets massive it's hard to keep clone only cuts healthy and happy.
My cuts from Kind Love seem to be extremely clean. No issues. Not sure what products they are using, but it gives me some faith in their product.
I know a master grower at a start up dispensary. As they collected there line up, they collected every pest possible. They product was sprayed with god knows what. At harvest I'm pretty sure it was severely tainted. Then he remembered the old dunk em in H2O2. The product passed the test and is now sold to the paitients.

Space Case

Veteran
Pm gross. Seems like these large grows would start using UV cleaning or intense deionizers. When production gets massive it's hard to keep clone only cuts healthy and happy.
My cuts from Kind Love seem to be extremely clean. No issues. Not sure what products they are using, but it gives me some faith in their product.
I know a master grower at a start up dispensary. As they collected there line up, they collected every pest possible. They product was sprayed with god knows what. At harvest I'm pretty sure it was severely tainted. Then he remembered the old dunk em in H2O2. The product passed the test and is now sold to the paitients.

They want constant production...too many facilities are doing massive 200kW perpetual single rooms. They don't understand the actual benefit of compartmentalizing many rooms and having each room more dialed, then a giant space with plants in various stages of growth and various stages of infection, spreading disease and pests freely. That cuts into their square footage and therefore total production space.

Most "master" growers also don't really understand IPM or plant nutrition, either. IPM isn't spraying botanical oils on your plants every morning. Memorizing an Advanced Nutrients feed schedule doesn't mean you've mastered anything but a corporate program laid out for you.

Bluto

Cereal, oddly a no till type mentality would serve them well. Also a purely from seed virgin flower mentality serves a majority of grows well. Whenever I break the rules it seems everyone suffers.

M

meowmeowmeow

Cereal, oddly a no till type mentality would serve them well. Also a purely from seed virgin flower mentality serves a majority of grows well. Whenever I break the rules it seems everyone suffers.

I work in a commercial grow let's say and no till is not an option .

Cleaning and ipm with an emphasis on management is key imho along with employees who are trained and educated properly.

Space Case

Veteran
No-till systems constantly run way too high on potassium and thats where the issues of fungal disease come in. Plus, you can't trust most of the retards those kinds of places employee to not fuck that up.

I agree with meow, cleaning is super important. And True IPM practices, not just stupid essential oil foliars everyday, but actual steps of prevention, cleaning, culling, separating multiple garden environments, controlling intake and exhaust air to minimize outside contamination, and so on.

M

meowmeowmeow

Work with someone who worked in post harvest at KL and they stated Golden goat and another strain were no bueno (prone to PM), but the UK cheese was always good.

Have a good Sunday. :rasta:

Den Rec!
They just won the dope cup 2017 for denvers top
indica holy grail kush
sativa cookie dough
hybrid granola funk

I want to try the funk in live resin, bohdi plants killing the hash game here!