What's new

Two Harvests From One Auto (Outdoors)

Good evening growers,
I came across a guy on the net saying he harvested an autoflower two times in one outdoor season. He said that he harvested the buds off but left all the stems and some leaves on the plant. He said it took about three weeks for it to start flowering again.

Anyone ever heard of this being done? I remain skeptical but I am tempted to try it.

If you have actually done this, I would love to hear from you.

Well if he is lying, he sparked my interest enough to try it with my Berry Ryder I have growing. Once it's ready, I will clip the buds individually off the stems and leave as many leaves as I can still on. I am going to get to the bottom of the lie or possibly this truth.

It can't hurt to try right? If it starts spitting nanners I will be Johnny on the spot to kill it quick.

Anything unusual in the cannabis world sparks my interest. That's my personality. Grafting, tissue culture, perennial cannabis plants, thousands of year old seeds, male plant reverse sexing aka smoking male plants turned female, etc.

If it is a true auto flower.....he's lying.

Mr Jay

Veteran
It wasn't an auto. Autos flower once and they're done. It's in their genetics, they don't re-vege and flower again.

There was no confusion whether it was photo or auto. He is either lying or telling the truth. I wish I wrote down the site I found while surfing the web. The guy claimed to have harvested once early in the season and then the plant grew more flowers and harvested again later in the season.

I am going to have to try this myself before I can come to a conclusion. This is like bigfoot to me. I think it could exist, but if I had to bet my life on it, I would bet it's all bull. :)

It wasn't an auto. Autos flower once and they're done. It's in their genetics, they don't re-vege and flower again.

Last edited:

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There was no confusion whether it was photo or auto. He is either lying or telling the truth. I wish I wrote down the site I found while surfing the web. The guy claimed to have harvested once early in the season and then the plant grew more flowers and harvested again later in the season.

I am going to have to try this myself before I can come to a conclusion. This is like bigfoot to me. I think it could exist, but if I had to bet my life on it, I would bet it's all bull. :)

Then he is full of horseshit.

dickcorn

I have harvested pretty much all but bottom nubs and let pot sit in room still. Those tiny leaf nubs grew into large buds eventually. Not quite the same, but leads me to believe it could be possible with the right plant, or harvesting technique.

vostok

Veteran
Good evening growers,
I came across a guy on the net saying he harvested an autoflower two times in one outdoor season. He said that he harvested the buds off but left all the stems and some leaves on the plant. He said it took about three weeks for it to start flowering again.

Anyone ever heard of this being done? I remain skeptical but I am tempted to try it.

I'm suggesting that its possible, get a fast flowering job, like my favorite Shortstuff Auto #1, that flowers as soon as 3 weeks, force her as quick and as soon as you can, TRIM! ...then allow her continue, really does depend on how much damage you do on the first trim, as to how successful this method can be...or like me with my ShortStuff, is FIM on the 2nd lateral, for an extra 2-3 joints per bush

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it is a true auto flower.....he's lying.

Exactly, Smokey. My thoughts,too.
TRUE autos have a 'shelf life' from seed popping to harvest. Genetics have them run their couse. Seeds that are made (blowing in the wind) and dropped...not that's a different story entirely.

Have read here and other forums that folks "clone" autos. Highly doubtful...or successful.

Those who wish to try cloning out of curiousity...go ahead and try it.

vostok

Veteran
Exactly, Smokey. My thoughts,too.
TRUE autos have a 'shelf life' from seed popping to harvest. Genetics have them run their couse. Seeds that are made (blowing in the wind) and dropped...not that's a different story entirely.

Have read here and other forums that folks "clone" autos. Highly doubtful...or successful.

Those who wish to try cloning out of curiousity...go ahead and try it.

800px-NastRepublicanElephant.jpg

Once upon a time it was seen as foolish to even consider, FIMing/topping an auto, having done it myself and as above,
increased my yield from that said auto by 1/3rd(one third).. I now do it as a permanent part of my grow routine,
although I have no immediate interest in cloning any auto...I may well do it one day, for whatever reason,
by then you and your right wing enthusiast would look foolish ...no?

never say die friend

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
View Image

Once upon a time it was seen as foolish to even consider, FIMing/topping an auto, having done it myself and as above,
increased my yield from that said auto by 1/3rd(one third).. I now do it as a permanent part of my grow routine,
although I have no immediate interest in cloning any auto...I may well do it one day, for whatever reason,
by then you and your right wing enthusiast would look foolish ...no?

never say die friend

Wondering who said it was foolish to top an auto? It would only be foolish if the plant wasn't big enough. Then you would lose the main source of mass that was going to be bud.

Dnice

Good evening growers,

I heard you cant do anything with auto`s

I don't think your friend is lying .... who could possibly know everything this so cheerful flower is capable of. Supposedly there are periniel mj strains now...

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@ GoonSaibot- Believe what you want.Supposedly there are periniel mj strains now... Topic of perennial MJ in numerous forums popped up years ago and are resuscitated.

True, you can veg and flower a photoperiod given the right circumstances perhaps indefinitely, cloning as well. There's a difference.

Herbaceous perennials generally die right back to a crown/heart underground which will lie dormant over the winter months then come back to life in spring and grow all over again, no need to seed. But what they are saying is that this auto can produce a few generations each season from seeding which to me means they are just annuals with a quicker than normal lifespan to allow extra generations to grow in same season.(so basically any auto).

I find it difficult to fathom autos overwinter.

Conversely, I imagine they all still die in the winter though and next seasons crop will come from the seeds lying dormant in the area.

That's what we've experienced finding small patches of SW Colorado ruderalis. Seeds dropped by birds, pollen carried by breezes. NOT a perennial plant.