What's new

Specs for the New Grow Room

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I'm literally just vaping some OG right now :D My outdoor this year was a travesty, amount wise. The quality was great, but I did have to trash almost a 1/4 of it I think to mold. I screwed up and jarred it too quickly I think. Plus it was just not a good outdoor year here, was a drought and I didn't water like I should have. I think statistically 2021 has to be an improvement on 2020 :D

Fixer

Two new fixtures in the house. Sinowell Flexstar 720W LED panels. The new fixtures are nicely finished. The look a lot more polished than the Forever Green Indoor 640Ws. We'll see if they grow as well.

Attachments

• IMG_4449.jpg
    IMG_4449.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4451.jpg
    IMG_4451.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 48

Fixer

$599 each plus $478 in shipping from China. They stock a 640W fixture in LA and shipping should be less.

Fixer

One more week! Snowball coming up it the Sunset Sherbet's place.

Attachments

• IMG_4444.jpg
    IMG_4444.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 46

Fixer

I failed with my trellis netting. The Sunset Sherbet is getting so heavy breaking it's branches off of the main stalk trying to hold itself up.

:plant grow:

Fixer

See what I mean. :shucks:

Attachments

• IMG_4511.jpg
    IMG_4511.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4512.jpg
    IMG_4512.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4513.jpg
    IMG_4513.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 45

Fixer

So the SS are fading. Pure RO water twice a day this week.

Attachments

• IMG_4502.jpg
    IMG_4502.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4504.jpg
    IMG_4504.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4501.jpg
    IMG_4501.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 45

Fixer

Happy weekend! The new zKittles are growing up through the first layer trellis netting.

plant%20grow.gif

I'm going to add another layer as soon as I pull the SS from the other end of the table this weekend.

Fixer

The new Sinowell's have a built in dimmer. I'd need a controller to dim the Forever Green Indoors lights.

Attachments

• IMG_4449.jpg
    IMG_4449.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4515.jpg
    IMG_4515.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4514.jpg
    IMG_4514.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Fixer

Some pics of the of the Forever Green Indoors fixtures. Definitely more of a DIY look which dosen't really matter unless the better looking, less expensive fixtures grow as well. Both company's products are made in China. :ying:

Attachments

• IMG_4527.jpg
    IMG_4527.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4526.jpg
    IMG_4526.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4525.jpg
    IMG_4525.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 46

Fixer

I have half of Table 2 open. I'm waiting a week to put three more SS back out. After I get these into rotation everything will be spread out in two week intervals for the perpetual harvest. I was going to run MK again but the plants I had standing by got too tall.

:artist:

Attachments

• IMG_4516.jpg
    IMG_4516.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4517.jpg
    IMG_4517.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Fixer

Here are the next few rotations. Snowball, Sunset S, Story OG and some plants from seed I'm sexing.

Attachments

• IMG_4535.jpg
    IMG_4535.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 43

Fixer

I'm finally filling the last section of table with plants for my perpetual harvest. The first three crops are all things I've grown out in 8 weeks. The final crop is Snowball. I haven't grown it successfully so we'll see if it throws off my timing. The goal is to harvest 2-3 plants every two weeks.

Fixer

Anyone have a good source for plastic manifolds?

One of the pics is of one of the manifolds I'm using to feed. It's corroded, leaking and needs to be replaced. The only thing that I've found is Florida Aqua Farms. They build custom manifolds at a reasonable price but are having trouble getting parts. I know I can build one but I'm already working 60 hrs. a week.

Back in the grow room I'm at capacity again. Three Snowball join the zKittles, Mother's Milk and Master Kush. I'm using two layers of trellis netting to support the plants. That last harvest was hanging in the tray by the end.

Attachments

• IMG_4554.jpg
    IMG_4554.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4555.jpg
    IMG_4555.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4556.jpg
    IMG_4556.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 41

Fixer

With the temp up in the lower 80s the dehumidifiers are cranking. I'm not sure there's going to be much of a difference in the elec bill. The new LEDs save but I'm making heat and dehumidifying more. We'll see!:dance013:

unnamedmike

I've re-visited your thread looking for information about the lights with you are working, and woah! you are a DIY artist! awesome work, congratulations bro!
I'm curious, i see that you have changed the lights several times. Have you noticed aroma / flavor / potency changes harvesting under different lamps? I don't know if I'm explaining myself ... sorry xD Have you flowered the same cutting under different lamps? Have you noticed any difference in taste, aroma or potency?
Thanks bro, cheers!

Fixer

Hi Mike, I've flowered some of the same strains under the both HPS and LED but my ceilings are so low I had to change the the HPS to LED. I don't have much data to compare the HPS to the LEDs but I'm collecting data on the same strains under the two different LED panels I'm now using. I did not build any of the lights I'm using. I considered it but my goal is to build a commercial recreational grow so I'm testing things that are plug and play so I can deploy in scale. The older lights are Forever Green Indoors Uniformity 640s and the newer slicker looking panels are Sinowell Flexstar 720W panels. I'll keep you posted on any differences I find between the two sets of LEds.

Attachments

• IMG_4569.jpg
    IMG_4569.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4570.jpg
    IMG_4570.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 42