What's new

LEDs and height

Ca++

Lots of bud sites in that last pic. Again I find myself surprised by lower wattage grows.
I guess the 8000 is 800, and at 70% maybe 550w if the dial is anywhere close. Over 2.25 meters if the tent is a 1.5, and we have 250w per meter. Used by choice, as there is more at one's finger tips.

I can't paint an entirely rosy picture though. As an 8-9 week strain, I don't think it's going to fill up properly, and suspect the light can't be turned up, as there isn't enough food available.

trixP

But also when talking about these LED fixtures that are pushing like 700w or more produces have so high PAR ratings that you can run them way up too, not sure why to buy so strong LED if the potential is not used.
Have you seen the GML fixtures ??? His big mode
Is insane but that’s exactly it’s WAY to intense for a tent even the dude who owns the company his fixtures on high up ( check his YouTube ). The technology and numbers are insane but at the same time it’s almost too much you have 4 channels and make make your spectrums it’s insane but at the same time for 95% individuals it’s too much.

But he is also targeting a far different market

Terpyterps

Yes. There is products for professional markets also. I feel that we are now at pretty nice place at growers standpoint. I still remember when it was closets or rooms with HPS and no grow tents and they worked well for people who could afford to run AC to keep the heat at place but for hobby growers not so much. Now hobbyists are at good place because we have everything for micro to larger scale grows and plenty of knowledge in growing and thousands of cool strains to pick from. I’m pretty sure that I will update my lights for next run, FC-4000 EVO or Spider Farm had even stronger light with similar dimensions but running at 430W, instead 320W that the FC-4000 EVO.

trixP

I dropped my light 3 clicks again and raised it back rather quick lmao sensors went to 77 real quick.

It’s hot out again

Terpyterps

I dropped my light 3 clicks again and raised it back rather quick lmao sensors went to 77 real quick.

It’s hot out again
77f still at perfect spot, actually the wiggle room is quite a big, important is the fluctuation of day and night temps. Mine run at 77-81 daytime and nights at 65-67f.

X15

24-30”
48CBD0AF-9252-454E-8F4F-4763FDAFA55D.jpeg
01148EF6-CA85-4FD7-8FF3-3F9D91629E16.jpeg

trixP

77f still at perfect spot, actually the wiggle room is quite a big, important is the fluctuation of day and night temps. Mine run at 77-81 daytime and nights at 65-67f.
Good to know

In freezing freezing I get the heating on til it reads 70 and I’ll shut it off naturally itl drop and simmer 68 at night, my thermostat is fuky at home

Is it true you can’t have anything around it by a few feet ??? My thermostat just stays on it never shuts off so I manually take care of it

Terpyterps

No idea how they work. Only thing I need to keep eye on is RH… Inside the house it is at 35% so at veg I have to push it up 24/7 to have the optimal 65% and when flowering I just turn it down slowly till I can let it stay at 30-40% at late flower. Anything above 35% I need to supplement.

Terpyterps

I’m pretty eager to get my photoperiodic girls ready for their run. As fun as it is to wait your buds to ripen up it is also pretty boring when they are just maturing and stacking up weight. My favourite part is when they start stretching, it is where all the action is! Still got to wait another week or week and a half to get enough good clones from my mom plants. Going to run 2 clones from each mom and decide best out of them and discard rest. Planning to try out grafting bonsai mom later. Idea is to have mom x and attach other strains to her branches and this way you are able to have example five strains in one plant growing. They keep their own genetics, but apparently they might take some characteristics from the mom plant. I have pretty small space for my hobby so I would like to keep everything nice and organised.

RQS article about grafting mother plants

Last edited:

trixP

I’m pretty eager to get my photoperiodic girls ready for their run. As fun as it is to wait your buds to ripen up it is also pretty boring when they are just maturing and stacking up weight. My favourite part is when they start stretching, it is where all the action is! Still got to wait another week or week and a half to get enough good clones from my mom plants. Going to run 2 clones from each mom and decide best out of them and discard rest. Planning to try out grafting bonsai mom later. Idea is to have mom x and attach other strains to her branches and this way you are able to have example five strains in one plant growing. They keep their own genetics, but apparently they might take some characteristics from the mom plant. I have pretty small space for my hobby so I would like to keep everything nice and organised.

RQS article about grafting mother plants
Sounds allot like my original plan, couple pot holes in the road along the way that changed my plans anyway…. It’s funny cause the crazy leaking floor has started again lmao so I’m eager to finish up and have it taken care of !

Terpyterps

Just did some topping for my mom plants. This Gold Pussy pheno I have is growing so weird. Mutated leaves and the growth pattern is more like clones and it reacted to first topping by growing first three tops and now it is pushing fourth top. No issues so far from it and I was able to top it once more and now instead of four tops it will at least make eight more from the new ones, might be actually advantageous if it keeps shooting extra tops each time it’s topped. And no it wasn’t FIMing, got it nice and clean like the other ones too. It also has these extra thick stems in her leaves, looks like it almost would have two stems fused together, they are bit more flat in shape. Well those are most likely just cosmetic nuisance, but I will be much more wise before summer when they supposed to be done. Also freaks and mutants are sometimes producing normal flowers, but if super lucky they might also make some fire bud and crazy trichome production. All this obviously is just speculation and hopes. Still got two smaller Golden Pussy phenos, but I might not have enough time to get them ready for next run, might have to wait till one after that.

Terpyterps

Gotta say that you can see big difference between seeds from these “craft” seed producers and the bigger companies that have huge high tech facilities. They grow so much uniform and not too much variety between seeds than example those Golden Pussy and Orange Groovye BX that has very large variety. Reason why I like those “craft” strains is because it is where you find keepers, not to say that you couldn’t find them from those “comercial” seeds, but they are usually so uniform that they don’t have much variety.

Terpyterps

Here example of the leaves that this Golden Pussy mutant is making, she is on crack!

W67iJMA_d.webp

4FFWY7L_d.webp

7Xclnzo_d.webp

She was not only looking like two leaves growing together, but it’s actually really doing it! I gotta get researching more information about Mendobreath f3 mutation, because that is where this is inherited from.

trixP

What’s crazy is I never performed any lst or any techniques

However I’ve been religious with the fans from day one, and I also bumped into the early bridge maybe I accidentally got them going lol,

Yeah one reason I will go back with the same seed producer as the ones I got going very very happy. Even happier when they are free

Terpyterps

No need for training techniques if you have descent space and good penetration in your light. Those TS-1000 LEDs don’t have that good penetration and I am using 2x4x6 tent, so it is limited space. Could grow 2 good size plants, but l like variety and I try to use all the space available and few smaller plants gives me pretty much same if not more yield than one or two plants. I also plugged most of the bigger fan leaves from my moms to expose them bit more and provoke more stem growth because they are not shaded by huge leaves. Personally I have tried so many different techniques to grow and by far the most yield I have gotten is from SCROG. It’s so often done wrong and just putting trellis net is not that, it supposed to be just field of nugs growing from each hole of the net and kept underneath it till they have almost stopped to grow and then you wait all the buds growing trough. If I had more space and stronger LED I would grow plants without doing anything to them, so much easier to trim and better appearance of the buds too.

Latest posts

Latest posts