What's new

Best way to utilize 3oz sugar leaf/small buds

I’ve had around 3oz, maby a little more sitting in a jar for almost 5-6months now. It’s not moldy or anything, seems to be getting better as it ages.

My buddy has this press, but says I need to get these bags (I think bubble bags,) in order to use it. We were talking about making rosin, but i’m not sure that’s the best route. I heard you can mess it up, plus the yield is quite low even if it’s quality stuff. I feel it’s more for “concentrate conneseiurs “.

I want it to be solvent less for sure. Just don’t want to possibly mess it up. What options do I have?

3 ounces isn’t enough to make into concentrate? It’s mainly sugar leaf/trim but small buds too. Just curious what the best route would be. I don’t want to just make edibles you know what I mean, especially when I have access to a press.

There's no point spending a lot of money to extract a small amount of buds.

Just roll it all up and smoke them all like a Champ. :biggrin:

goingrey

It's either the bags and ice water or dry sifting with a screen. Someone on here actually had a way of using a couple of the bags over a bucket as a dry sieve. So if you get some bags you could do either.

You don't have to press it into rosin if you don't want to. Well if you want to do solventless dabs or use some kind of oil pen maybe you do? But in general plain old hash is great.

@peace

I’ve had around 3oz, maby a little more sitting in a jar for almost 5-6months now. It’s not moldy or anything, seems to be getting better as it ages.

My buddy has this press, but says I need to get these bags (I think bubble bags,) in order to use it. We were talking about making rosin, but i’m not sure that’s the best route. I heard you can mess it up, plus the yield is quite low even if it’s quality stuff. I feel it’s more for “concentrate conneseiurs “.

I want it to be solvent less for sure. Just don’t want to possibly mess it up. What options do I have?

I make dry sift hash in my bubble bags. I just put it over a large kitchen bowl and shake the bag for 20 to 30 min in a cold area. If you want different cuts then shake the bag first, without crumbling the material. That will get you pretty good resin. Then I start to rough up the trim/ buds a bit for the second cut. I do mine when it is frozen outside (usually aim for -10 to -5 C) so that it separates easily. If the product looks like if is a bit dirty from the 160 then I put it over the 120.

I usually don't make separate cuts though, I would if I still smoked. I use mine to infuse into cocoa butter (not coconut) to make chocolate.

Greenheart

Veteran
I like bubble hash (water extraction) more than kief (dry sifting). Whatever you choose be sure to use the proper micron screening material and you won't be wasting anything. That's the reason for the catch bags. They let the good stuff pass so you can toss the trash. I found that using a portable counter top clothes washing machine loaded with ice and water to be the easy way to do the bubble extraction.

I used the sweet leaf to quit smoking nicotine myself. It was a great way to fight the urge to smoke something while being able to afford the habit lol! If you are content with the way it smokes and not too worried about concentrates then just roll it up. I found if stored properly to create long term curing conditions it really was quite smooth and even satisfying to smoke.

moose eater

Tumble it for seived hash, then either make butter or ethanol extract.

But I'm admittedly somewhat stuck in my ways. It hapens.

Reactions: Gry

tmold44

Dry sift is the least expensive with not much work to do. This is some sift from just 2 plants I harvested a couple weeks ago from just the sugar leaves. I keep a jar of it and then use it in making butter, coating joints, topper when using a pipe, and sometimes press 1 gram disc's to give as gifts.
20221210_161446.jpg