What's new

Best Live LP Album-Vinyl only please..

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm a vinyl collector from the early 60s on, I also have gigged all my life, so I have a little knowledge of what it takes to produce a live set and have things click just right one night. A night where things blend to un-imaginable proportions. Very seldom do most bands gel when on stage to produce a sound that uplifts and surprises even the players as well as the crowd. It’s kind of a heavenly experience when all those instruments come together to this level.
I have my favorites, I’d love to hear if any of you have heard these, what you think, and I’d love to hear yours as well.

LIVE GIGS ONLY..and yes I’m discriminating as hell… LP ONLY VINYLPLEASE

Best Live song..Bob Segar Live Bullet, with the fantastic Sax on “Turn the Page “..the whole album just rocks Detroit.

Best Live guitar/vocal effect, that talk box on Peter Frampton Live “Do You Feel Like We Do

Best Live guitar or dueling leads, Johnny Winter and Live, with Rick Derringer..the whole friggin album hands down! Smokin Hot! Johnnys fingers are blazzin!

..a close second to all of the above,
The Allman Brothers Eat a Peach, the late Duane’s slide guitar on "Blue Sky"..just fantastic period.

..and of course I have a dozen or so Grateful Dead albums, they gelled live every time they played..they don’t count, that’s just not fair to everyone else! Theres a lot of great players out there I’m sure you’ll remind me about them and I’ll probably agree and say how the hell could I forget them.
Any young players out there wanna hear some of the best, I encourage you to Tag this thread and consider getting one of these, they are avaliable on CD now….Smiles..Cheers…DD

..and every thread needs a pic..Jolly Bud

picture.php

Last edited:

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
I was born in 72 so not really the same time frame but anyway...
Deep Purple - Made in Japan
Motorhead - No Sleep Til Hammersmith
Ozzy Osbourne/Randy Rhodes - Tribute
Iron Maiden - Live After Death
Jeff Buckley - Live At L'Olympia
Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same
Jimi Hendrix - Live At The Fillmore East
There are more but i can´t remember them all

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
..of couse Deep Purple..that hammond is screaming. Band of Gypsys..I have three copies of that..wow. Thanks for all your replies already..DD

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i was gonna say,Frampton comes alive has to be one of the best live albums ever and i think Peter Gabriel's "Live" was a vinyl album,if not "Lamb Lies Down on Broadway " was...tho that was Genesis...

kobi93

Frampton Comes Alive has always been one of the top live vinyl pieces in my record collection. I still pop it on the turntable from time to time--even my teenage kids seem to like it, or at least they complain less than normal about my musical tastes.

I should quote my elderly mother: "Kids these days and that damned rock n' roll music."

kobi93

i was gonna say,Frampton comes alive has to be one of the best live albums ever and i think Peter Gabriel's "Live" was a vinyl album,if not "Lamb Lies Down on Broadway " was...tho that was Genesis...

Lamb Lies Down on Broadway is pretty good, too, I may have to break that one out--I haven't listened to it in awhile. Great thread!

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Fish of course..and I see a Little Feat fan now..I have every one they produced but not that one.
Kief from some bud I tumbled last year..DD
picture.php

BrainSellz

Veteran
cool pic, looks like someone keefed your guitar;).....sorry a bit off topic DD, but i believe they just or are about to come out with a new Jimmy Hendrix box set called "west coast seattle boy" and if im not mistaken the first bit is Jimmie doin backups for other bands and what not....oh yeah and the Peter Frampton is :good:

G

Guest3498

If you have access to a bunch of dead recordings, I've been listening to 7-27-73 lately, the jam after me and my uncle is awesome...

Im with you on Jonny Winter,
i was lucky enough to work with him backin the early 80's, what a amazing talent,and being a old harp player,u can imangine the thrill !!!
Kind REgards, FT...

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dead Heads Welcome

Dead Heads Welcome

..Grateful Dead albums, they gelled live every time they played..they don’t count, that’s just not fair to everyone else!
I knew, it I knew, it I knew it..even though I gave them the praise they deserve in my first post, ^ ^ ^ and sorta asked nicely..^ ^ ^ those Dead Heads are here...
Live Dead- One of my favorites, not for the faint of heart though.

If you have access to a bunch of dead recordings, I've been listening to 7-27-73 lately, the jam after me and my uncle is awesome...

I knew it! Well bring um on boys..we'll listen, I have many of them myself.

Im with you on Jonny Winter,
i was lucky enough to work with him backin the early 80's, what a amazing talent,and being a old harp player,u can imangine the thrill !!!
Kind REgards, FT...

... I have an Old stoner folowing my lead with Johhny Winter. How much fun that must have been for you Bro..playing with the legend. All I wanna know is who put out the fire on his fingers at the end of the night? I got to see him live once..whew.
Just after posting the thread I thought..Stevie..Stevie Ray Vaughn..I didn't edit it cause I thought for sure someone would be in to touch on his carear..God Bless. DD

D

danimarie193

Look for Phil's birthday show were Futher played with the Black Crowes.