What's new

using Magnets on your plants

S

swisscheese

I wonder how this would compare to just watering with a mag drive pump? I've heard speculation that mag drive pumps can cause iron issues but haven't seen the proof myself.

DrFever

Veteran
Hey all well last night i got bunch of plants transplanted including the ones i will use for this test now off to find some magnets lol:laughing:

I will mark 4 of them so we can see which ones they are

DrFever

Veteran
Hey everyone ok got the magnets lets hope this thing works one never thinks how hard it really is to find magnets well other then fridge magnets Its HARD lol
will place them in containers when lights come on
I Decided to use 4 plants for this Experiment plants will be marked on tote as per position of magnets.
Plant 1- magnets placed in actual north and south position in middle of tote ,
Plant 2- positioned in actual West and East
Plant 3 - poistioned North, South, west , and east
plant 4 Scattered all over
will post pictures later on

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
Hey everyone ok got the magnets lets hope this thing works one never thinks how hard it really is to find magnets well other then fridge magnets Its HARD lol
will place them in containers when lights come on
I Decided to use 4 plants for this Experiment plants will be marked on tote as per position of magnets.
Plant 1- magnets placed in actual north and south position in middle of tote ,
Plant 2- positioned in actual West and East
Plant 3 - poistioned North, South, west , and east
plant 4 Scattered all over
will post pictures later on

Very Well thought out experiment, I like the way you are decideing to put some magnets polarity in the east and west positions, Are you considering what your magnetic North is? and what orientation the plants are in reference to it. Just saying as it could be a influence on your project. Another place for magnets, I git some Magnetite balls that are seriously powerful at a naturalpath type store where you buy crystals and all that, I got some cool rocks there to like moon stones and neato stuff like that, I am not so much into the natural stuff as it applies to that stuff but I have to say they have some damn cool shit in those stores. And the balls self align to the Magnetic poles when they get close to eachother.

peace

DrFever

Veteran
Very Well thought out experiment, I like the way you are decideing to put some magnets polarity in the east and west positions, Are you considering what your magnetic North is? and what orientation the plants are in reference to it. Just saying as it could be a influence on your project. Another place for magnets, I git some Magnetite balls that are seriously powerful at a naturalpath type store where you buy crystals and all that, I got some cool rocks there to like moon stones and neato stuff like that, I am not so much into the natural stuff as it applies to that stuff but I have to say they have some damn cool shit in those stores. And the balls self align to the Magnetic poles when they get close to eachother.

peace

Hi yes i am going to place magnets in actual earths North and south west and east positions making sure plants do not move got me a cool compass so will see how that works lol

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im guessing u also will have a "constant" by having a few plants w no magnets in them? if i remember correctly some one else did an experiment w this... the incredibowl guy?

O

OrganicOzarks

Skip using the magnets, and just by some paramagnatic rock. It is used in growing already.

I have tried it, and I did not notice shit. Though I know people who swear by it.

gmanwho

Veteran
i wonder if placing a circle magnets around the main stem it would align the electrons. Similar to placing the circle magnets on electrical wires for electronics. I believe they are circle for a reason, if so, are the north an south poles near each other?? or are the poles top an bottom. where the north an south poles are could be a critical factor in all of these experiments.

i also wonder if the magnet would stop certain electron flow an hold those nutrients ( iron or magnesium ) near the magnet, an not let them get released to the plant. as the magnet could overpower the plants ability to make nutrients mobile.

I wonder if placing a magnet on the top of the plants main stalk would actually create lift an defy some of earths natural gravity an increasing uptake. like a counter weight. This could increase uptake maybe, ESPECIALLY under HID lighting an elevated CO2. Which is a very demanding environment in the first place. i would think above the plant stalk may be worth a try. an again, north an south pole might matter?

Would it be to much for the plants when uptake of specific nutes are not needed at that stage of development? or again willl it pull nutes an stock pile them around the magnet causing later issues. a barrier so to say when nutrients lock each other. basically not letting nutrients by

assuming the plant could hold the weight of the magnet. tie a string to the magnet an have it dangle above the plant, an adjust is as needed for height throughout the grow.

Interesting. i think some ideas may work. but i am thinking that things could have opposite effects as well, especially if the poles on the magnet can make a difference.

b-safe

DrFever

Veteran
i wonder if placing a circle magnets around the main stem it would align the electrons. Similar to placing the circle magnets on electrical wires for electronics. I believe they are circle for a reason, if so, are the north an south poles are near each other?? where the north an south poles are could be a critical factor.

i also wonder if the magnet would stop certain electron flow an hold those nutrients ( iron or magnesium ) near the magnet, an not let them released to the plant. as the magnet could overpower the plants ability to make nutrients mobile.

I wonder if placing a magnet on the top of the plants main stalk would actually create lift an defy earths natural gravity an increasing uptake. This could increase uptake maybe, ESPECIALLY under HID lighting an elevated CO2. Which is a very demanding environment in the first place. i would think above the plant stalk may be worth a try. an again, north an south pole might matter?

Would it be to much for the plants when uptake of specific nutes are not needed at that stage of development? or again pull nutes an stock pile them arround the magnet causing later issues.

assuming the plant could hold the weight of the magnet. If not tie a string to the magnet an have it dangle above the plant, an adjust is as needed for height throughout the grow.

Interesting. i think some ideas may work. but i am thinking that things could have opposite effects as well, especially if the poles on the magnet make a difference.

b-safe

IMO i think the plant with magnets scattered around roots will hold the nutrient molecules more stable allowing plant to choose what it needs i'll get some pics up today yesterday was busy busy lol family thing :thank you:

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you think that magnets will help your plants in any way then you are just crazy or really stupid.

It just has to be said.

R.Fortune

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
One guy named Michael-Paul Patterson makes milk kiefer with them. Tapes them to outside of culture jar. Supposed to be the best probiotic around for digestion, way better than yogurt. The magnets he uses are POWERFUL and can break your fingers easily if they get between 2 of them that are close. The results he showed were pretty dramatic. Michael does know his stuff and is also a physical trainer. There is another site that says you can gain immortality with them he links to for some reason, that one sounds off-the-wall though.

DrFever

Veteran
If you think that magnets will help your plants in any way then you are just crazy or really stupid.

It just has to be said.

R.Fortune
Ok this has just got to be said as well :) hopefully it will sink into that so called brain you might have what does our Magnetic poles actually do ???? could we as humans survive without magnetics Answer is NO

Things aren't always what they seem to be.
Water is a fluid, and it's wet. That's how we experience it, from a human point of view. But when looking closely, we can see now that water is made of pretty solid atoms, and these atoms aren't wet. We usually don't know about the details, we only experience the group effect, how zillions of details act together.
We see hot and cold as opposites, but there is no cold really. If something has a temperature, it's always a positive value. And deeper; we call the average effect of many vibrating atoms "temperature". Temperature is not a primary basic element, it's yet another "illusion".
Light is invisible. It's the collision of light on your nerves that you can sense. The world we live in is, from a detail point of view, founded on illusions, seeing group effects and almost blind to the details that really make our word.

So, how about gravity? Very large amounts of atoms together, like the Earth, have a gravitational field, a relative weak force, that attracts the mass of other atoms. But what is really going on?

Complex things are a collection, made of a larger number of less complex things. Gravity as we know it, is probably a complex thing, no primary basic element. To learn more about gravity, we have to forget what we know from daily life, and zoom in on the situation. Force might be a primary basic element, but there's probably no "magnetic force" and "gravity force". When a yellow car hits a wall, there is force, but not "yellow car force".

Energy level
A tree letting go of an apple; the apple accelerates to the Earth.
To accelerate an apple in space with a rocket costs energy. Does the Earth's gravitational field generate energy out of nothing? I don't think so. I think an apple closer to the ground contains less energy than an apple in a tree. The amount of energy that can come from dropping it is equal to the loss of energy. Similar to atoms coming together in a chemical reaction, making molecules and releasing energy.

Straight through mass
The force fields of gravity and magnetism can go straight through us, with only a little effect. Makes me wonder what more can go straight through us. Are there things that can go through us without any effect? If there are, it is impossible to sense them. Smart people concluded that atoms in our body are mostly "empty" space, leaving lots of room for stuff to travel through us, with no or hardly any interaction.

What can be observed: Gravity
- Mass has or causes a gravitational field in and around the space it's in.
- It costs no energy to maintain the force field.
- Gravity is a weak force, relative to other forces. It takes the mass of the whole earth to produce 1G on a small stone, while a simple string can carry that stone. The forces that keep molecules together are so much stronger than gravity.
- A planet has no gravity poles (like magnets have a north and south pole)
- The stronger the force of gravity in an area, the slower speed of time goes there.
- The gravitational field penetrates every known material. There is no known way to shield gravity. Although some have claimed a reduction of between 0.5 to 2% in weight, above fast rotating superconductors.
- Gravity can bend the path of light.
- A gravitational field reaches very far. No limit of distance is known.

What can be observed: Magnetism
- A permanent magnet uses no energy to maintain its force field.
- A flow of electrons creats a magnet field.
- A magnet has poles (north & south). A magnetic monopole is not know yet.
- An electro magnet uses energy to maintain its force field, unless it's a superconducting one (?).
- When shutting of the power to an electro magnet, the force field collapses, which produces an electric current while collapsing.
- Even atoms have tiny magnetic fields.
- A permanent magnet can be made by aligning the spin of hot atoms, in a magnet field, and then freezing their positions, by cooling.
- Not all atoms are attracted a magnetic force field.
Part of the energetic system of an atom, are one or more electrons. Electrons can be on their own also. A stream of electrons we call an electric current. When an electric current flows, it creates a magnetic field. This is easy to prove with a compass (that contains a permanent magnet)
As long as the current flows, there is a magnetic field. Less people know that it costs energy to create a magnetic field, and that when turning of the power, the field collapses and produces power.

Superconducting
Through superconducting materials, electrons can flow without resistance. Superconducting material has no interior magnetic field; the Meissner effect is the expulsion of a magnetic field from a superconductor during its transition to the superconducting state. No magnetic field inside.
we couldn;t so what does magnetics really do well with out magnetics Birds and other species wouldn;t know where to go as well as Airplanes GPS the list goes on right the poles help reflect radiation away from us or we would all be dead magnetism is allot more indepth then what some people might think

Why is it no matter how to plant a seed the roots will always GO DOWN why is that ??? could it be magnetism in the earths core ?????
you got to realize as well no matter what they will still grow .

Latest posts

Latest posts