What's new

Ur Favorite Beer?

Cannavore

Veteran
Had an Enjoy By IPA last night for the first time. Wow is all I'll say. What a perfectly crafted IPA. This one is a must try.

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Would love an Enjoy By. Never tried it. Have managed to get my hands on a Pliny bottle though.

Maynard - Nice! I Love Columbus hops. Pungent is an understatement! I'm brewing a single hop pale each week at the moment. So far done 6: Galaxy, Chinook, Motueka, Citra, Cenetennial and Cascade. Next up...Amarillo.

theclearspot

BTW what is the best way to serve Belgium beer; I mean I like mine slightly chilled in the fridge but what is the 'correct' way?

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
In a slightly chilled goblet...I like my Belgium Ales to be around 55 degrees or so. You want the aromas to come out--they hide when the ale is too cold.

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
Would love an Enjoy By. Never tried it. Have managed to get my hands on a Pliny bottle though.

Maynard - Nice! I Love Columbus hops. Pungent is an understatement! I'm brewing a single hop pale each week at the moment. So far done 6: Galaxy, Chinook, Motueka, Citra, Cenetennial and Cascade. Next up...Amarillo.

Ur gonna like the Amarillos! Very juicy hop.. very flavorful without being over resinous.. One of the best single hop beers with Amarillo is Gumball Head by 3 Floyds..

mgk

spring fed

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ballast Point has some solid brews. Really enjoyed the Fathom IPLager and Victory at Sea Imperial Porter. Can't find im my area though:cry:
picture.php

abuldur

Halcyon imperial ipa by thornbrige brewery bakewell uk ,taste of mango and really creamy, one of the best i ever had.
And they come in half a liter bottles.
cheers

sprinkl

Veteran
BTW what is the best way to serve Belgium beer; I mean I like mine slightly chilled in the fridge but what is the 'correct' way?
For the regular pils fridge temperature, others chilled(cellar) though most people drink everything at fridge temp, if you have a seperate fridge it's nice to be able to put it to 5-8 instead of the <4 °C. Brown beer drinkers usually do not drink at fridge temp.
It's all down to personal taste. On a sunday visit to my grandma I enjoy the pils from the cellar, always goes down smooth.
I dunno I realize there's probably like an optimum temperature for every beer but it bothers me a lot more with wine if the temperature's off. That may be because I'm a pretty slow drinker when it comes to the heavy beers :)

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
Heineken all day, just don't serve me that hoppy pond water that they call beer in San Diego
for a Dutch-style lager, I prefer Grolsch.
A wee bit maltier, and less Bud-like than Hein.
Give it a try if you get the chance.
But I'd prefer a Pils Urq overall, for a session brew.

rod58

h,mmm, coopers pale ale , a legendary beer brewed in the bottle from south australia ..a bit cloudy at the bottom but still delish !

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
Hmmmm...yesterday was National Beer Day. I celebrated with a might fine Sculpin...on draft of course (Red Robin....hoo yah!)

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
So I am at my local Costco...and lo and behold what do I see? Case of Sierra Nevada "Hop Hunter" for $19.99. I bought a case and tasted it that afternoon--I quickly went back that evening (before they closed) and bought the "last case". Best $20 I ever spent!

It is "brewed with farm distilled hop oil"...hmmm "hop oil". It is hoppier than their Torpedo IPA and this ale is full of crisp citrus flavors with a nice deep hop bite...I like!

hophunterbottle201512oz.png

Hop Oil

Sierra Nevada is famous for its love of hops, and the heavy-handed showcasing of hop flavor and aroma has become known worldwide as the “American” style. Most hop aroma comes from naturally occurring essential oils found in the lupulin glands of the hop plant. When and how the hops are used in the brewing process affects how much hop oil—and with it hop aroma—appears in the finished beer. We use techniques such as dry hopping and torpedoing (our revolutionary technique of re-circulating beer out of a fermenter and through a column of hops) to increase the hop oil concentration in our beers. We often choose hop varietals based on their oil content, preferring high-oil varietals as choices for highly hopped beers. With Hop Hunter IPA we’re experimenting with a method of steam distilling wet, un-dried hops fresh from the field to harvest the hop essence. This method collects the pure essential oils which are added post-fermentation and captures the intense hop aroma for use year-round.

Source: http://www.sierranevada.com/beer/year-round/hop-hunter-ipa

I will buy more...even at $25/case!

Bomb! by prairie artisan ales

Imperial stout aged on espresso beans, chocolate nibs, vanilla beans and ancho chile pepper
13%
this stuff is so good
Mexican Cake by Westbrook is excellent as well

Latest posts

Latest posts