What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

420club
I cheaped out and got a Solo 2. It is indeed kinder on our lungs though I miss the huge cloud I could exhale from a bong hit. Vaping seems to take a minute to feel the buzz unlike smoking which I feel almost immediately. We have been vaping fresh bud which has an oddly satisfying flavor when vaped. It would be unsmokable.
I know dog is a vape snob but the solo II isnt really cheaping out.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I recently picked up a tinymight2 and I’ve been trying to find the sweet spot for about a week. I can get a real big cloud, but I have to huff on the stem four or five times to get it fired up. I need to get in touch with Dog so he can give me an idea of how he gets his smoke like it does… it seems to be a very well-made piece

imiubu

The gals have returned to the homestead.
16 blocks covered today, 6 of which Miss Scooter did
on her own volition, the other 10 mom carried her
in her carrier.

Last bone scan shows Osteopenia and
my doc suggested leg weights. I said holy heck,
I've been hauling 80# + pavers for months now and
an 11# doggo as well. Oh, that's right she said.
I still don the Dorthy Hamill (remember her old farts? lol)
leg weights I thrifted for 3 bucks, whilst doing out door chores.
Don't want to fall one day and break a fragile hip bone after all!

We stopped at the local "Little Library" that we frequent.
I returned the book titled "What I would say to the Martians"
written by Jack Handy. Anyone who watched SNL would
be familiar with "Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handy. I found
them stupid for the most part and well... the book is much
the same. I couldn't get into it so... back it goes.

Picked up a book titled "Living with Intent" so, I'll give that
a go.
I am a voracious reader and have been since I was able.
Thanks to my mother, I was quite young when I mastered
reading. Was in our local Library Book club by the age
of 7 and was top reader for years. Not bragging... just
laying out some personal history here :)

Generally, I have several books of different genre going.
Currently I am reading "Gumption" by Nick Offerman.
Some fluff suspense story by Authors I've never read previously.
It has kept my interest so, I'll probably finish it then return it back
to the LL.
Current Audio Book is "The Handmaid's Tail". I didn't see the
movie so, the story is fresh for me.

Of course I am always reading to up my growing game and
to learn genetics of the strains.
These days I'm most interested in learning to grow Sativa's ID
and the Malawi Style Cob curing method.

Recently in the thread, the discussion turned to psychedelics
and someone mentioned "Yellow Submarine" as a fun watch
while tripping. I do love my psychedelics too and have since
early HS days. Weed is my first love but tripping didn't smell
to alert the folks of my altered state ;)
Anyway... that post reminded me that I had picked up a book
last year at the LL titled "Yellow Submarine" by Max Wilk.
It is the original, published 1968. All the groovy artwork and
story took me pleasantly into the wayback.
Typically, after the borrowed books are read, they are retuned.
This one however,remains in my collection.
It is now snuggled in between "The Tao of Pooh"
and the Kama Sutra Vatsyayana (both were gifts :) ).

Typically our adventures walking the city blocks leave mom
energized and the pup takes a nap.
Apparently it has also left the mom rather chatty today haha.

This thread moves so fast that by the time I've caught up, I often
do not have the time and sometimes just don't have the inclination
to reply to all the posts that I might want to.
I have, since it's conception, had a deep disdain for ye olde "Like"
button. I felt that it rather hindered conversations.
I have since realized it as a good tool to use in these incidences
where there may not be time to reply, to let folks know they are
being read and appreciated.
An old gal acclimating to the new era me thinks.
Don't wanna become a curmudgeonly old fart that won't keep up
with the times after all :)

Okay, time to don the leg weights, work boots, mix up 1/2 gal. of electrolytes,
grab the mower and weed whip then head over the the abandoned school
playground to whack down a wks worth of grass in the area so our
neighborhood kids can play their version of soccer more smoothly.
More sunshine and exercise! Move it or loose it :)

Peace ya old hippies ;)

EDIT: cuz while I may be able to read, I karn't spell nor edit prior to posting :D

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

A pack of smokes - in my condition? - ROTFLMAO! - no more smokes for this fella - ever I'm reckoning - good time to finally say 'enough is enough' - after major heart ♥️ surgery - and just eat buds in cakes and gummies - into the future and beyond!
For many, there is a day when a pack of smokes is no longer worth it.
I quit many years ago 1987 Apr13th, funny how I remember that day. My spouse who was a fairly heavy user of tobacco had to quit after second bout with pneumonia that landed her in intensive care and almost died on me. The doctor said she would not be so lucky the next time.

Sorry that your getting pain that's making life difficult.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
I recently picked up a tinymight2 and I’ve been trying to find the sweet spot for about a week. I can get a real big cloud, but I have to huff on the stem four or five times to get it fired up. I need to get in touch with Dog so he can give me an idea of how he gets his smoke like it does… it seems to be a very well-made piece
It's all about the physics of heat transfer.
Most full convection vapes like the tinymight need a hit or two to get the load up to temp.
So usually the first hit is all flavor thenthe vapor production starts from there.
Long steady draws work way better than shorter faster draws.
Dry flower well ground and scoop loaded NOT packed like a bowl.
Well ground would be finer than you would roll with but not dust or like kieff.
Kieff vapes really well just use a very small amount or it won't really work.

oldmaninbc

moar packing and sorting today and a possible trip to the landfill

i saw some cool vintage wooden doors there last time with antique hardware on them…doors that are 50-75 years old

they make great art displays and sell for 50-100 depending on the artist and painting

i think I can trade some metal and wire for them

View attachment 18996309 View attachment 18996310 View attachment 18996311 View attachment 18996312
Those are visually appealing displays, good going!

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Only problem with that theory is how then do you account for lunar eclipses? Or solar eclipses for that matter?
That and that the rest of the planets in our solar system are observably balls, further evidenced by rotation at the equatorial axis, which would not be possible with a round flat facing us.

On the other hand, maybe God created Earth in the image of his own unique flat planet, much as he created mankind in his own image........................

OleReynard

Eh - 'my breathing device?' - other than a coupla 64 year.old lungs - I don't have any other breathing devices OleReynard - and remarkably today has seen about only half of the coughing episodes of yesterday - and so I feel as if - things are progressing - and my lungs are clearing - after all the recent surgeries -
Really, that's messed up.
In the states just about everybody gets the dang thing I had 3 pitched 2 still have one.
Used for clearing your lungs prevents a new monia

Unca Walt

420club
>AR...
1714658720692.png

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Well - I've always had a sorta BAWDY sense of humour - full of sexual innuendo - but not what you might call 'Crude' - particularly - some things are best left to the imagination 😉

- and ya - it's just about accepting the fact that I'm aging - and things do tend to change - rather radically in some instances - so I start grieving for things like being able to carry a fully loaded backpack and march with it for miles - or being able to sprint 🏃‍♂️ down the road - at the drop of a hat etc - 😉 -.I think that it's called 'Accepting Your Own Mortality' -

- and from here on out - its good if I can just maintain - adequate physical and mental health -
After you give your body a couple of months to heal you can start working your way back up to doing most if not all of the things you used to do, just remember to listen to your body and when it starts sending you signals something is nearing overload stop and take a break. A lot of those post op instructions are meant for people who are older and in really bad physical shape. You know, people who would struggle with those activities even if they didn't have open heart surgery. The only kinds of activities I can think of that you'll need to avoid long term are things that make you strain, like wright lfting. From here on out your key exercise word is aerobic.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
After you give your body a couple of months to heal you can start working your way back up to doing most if not all of the things you used to do, just remember to listen to your body and when it starts sending you signals something is nearing overload stop and take a break. A lot of those post op instructions are meant for people who are older and in really bad physical shape. You know, people who would struggle with those activities even if they didn't have open heart surgery. The only kinds of activities I can think of that you'll need to avoid long term are things that make you strain, like wright lfting. From here on out your key exercise word is aerobic.
Not a bad anyway to drop the weight and increase the repetitions. I used to use enough weight that I could do at least eight repetitions, but not more than ten.

I now use the amount of weight that allows me to do twenty repetitions with some strain.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whatta youse some kinda prevertin' prevert? WTF do you use a phone for at a time like that? :p

Besides... The Red Witch sez it don't matter where I get my appetite, as long as I eat at home.
You could think of someone besides yourself and cut a friend a solid, by passing the number along with any covert up dress shots to a buddy. Just saying........................

Latest posts

Latest posts