What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Littleleaf

Veteran
Here's something to think about. All cereal grains are contaminated with ROUNDUP. ( glyphosate ) Instead of waiting for the grain to ripen naturally. They spray that sht on it to dry it up to harvest faster.

Gluten intolerant...nope it's Glyphosate poisoning.

There is a laundry list of what problems it causes in humans/ mammals. The number 1 thing is Infertility!!!!!

Look it up......

oldmaninbc

I have fought cholesterol and kept it in check for years.Diet and exercise has kept me below 200.

But I got tired of fighting it. I'll take the fricken pill!
That's the way it goes, "I am tired of fighting" a person gets that feeling.

When getting towards the end of life phase, I don't think struggles are that beneficial to me. I would sooner enjoy some rather than struggle through lots.

cola

My doctors continue to try and put me on cholesterol drugs despite my total cholesterol being around 130 and my bad cholesterol about half that.

I continue to refuse because I don't believe that I need it or that any benefit would outweigh the side effects.

My total Cholesterol is low, perhaps because I eat a relatively minimal amount of animal products, (only fish and foul other than milk). A few years back I read an article by a Japanese centenarian who discussed his daily regime. One of the only things he did all the time was to take 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (first cold press) after dinner. I noticed after doing so my tests showed I dropped even further. And now I do it all the time. It has numerous benefits, including containing copious amounts of antioxidants and is anti-inflammatory. I can easily envision this floating in my bloodstream, loosening the saturated fats from my blood vessels side walls.

A wise old MD, now over 100 and still active, told me this lesson "If it does not have its roots in the ground, or fall from a tree, walk on two legs, or swim in the sea, I don't want you eating it." More or less what I follow today.

OleReynard

Talking about cholesterol, how bout these.
Love these damn things, Morels
IMG_20240519_182225.jpg

BudToaster

Veteran
the science i have read says diet is only a 20% contribution to cholesterol. so, it is a lifestyle, systemic condition. the LDL is a calculated number, from a statistical sample of the population - who, are mostly (70%) sick.

i look at my HDL (should be >80) and Triglycerides (should be <50). my total cholesterol is considered high (265), i was offered statins, i just laughed, i know it is brain dead standard-of-care. since 2019, i don't take HCP seriously anymore. they don't seem to understand biology. and i don't agree with what they do understand.

exercise is known to increase cholesterol. recent articles have said low cholesterol is not better for longevity. but balance that against the assessment that only 1% of studies are worth reading. i think that is too low - i have read some excellent articles.

cola

My total Cholesterol is low, perhaps because I eat a relatively minimal amount of animal products, (only fish and foul other than milk). A few years back I read an article by a Japanese centenarian who discussed his daily regime. One of the only things he did all the time was to take 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (first cold press) after dinner. I noticed after doing so my tests showed I dropped even further. And now I do it all the time. It has numerous benefits, including containing copious amounts of antioxidants and is anti-inflammatory. I can easily envision this floating in my bloodstream, loosening the saturated fats from my blood vessels side walls.

A wise old MD, now over 100 and still active, told me this lesson "If it does not have its roots in the ground, or fall from a tree, walk on two legs, or swim in the sea, I don't want you eating it." More or less what I follow today.

Along with Extra Virgin Olive Oil a while back, I have been adding Natto to my diet. I am fortunate to have a source for Organic Firm Tofu, which we eat three times a week for our dinner meal. In many parts of the world, especially where soy is not organic, fermented soy such as miso, tempeh, or natto is considered safer. Natto, a fermented heart healthy food, is typically made from soybeans. Other sources can be also used to make it (see linked article). By adding the bacteria Bacillus subtilis, the fermenting process is started and then speeds up, resulting in the enzyme Nattokinase. The enzyme Nattokinase, which comes from Natto, has amazing health benefits including those that are specific to heart health. The starter bacteria from Natto may be recreated much like making yogurt on your kitchen shelf. After a batch or two is made it can be stored in the refrigerator to add to a new batch of Soybearns to start the process again. I was thinking Gypsy that this could be something you could "sneak" when you are up alone in the early AM. It is a traditional Japanese food, typically eaten at breakfast with miso soup, fish, and (brown) rice. :chin: :chin:

Last edited: