What's new

The DEA to move cannabis from Schedule I to Schedule III

CharlesU Farley

This is quite literally the most monumental change in cannabis legal history!!!!

This is a day of _Independence_, for all of us cannabis consumers... and their descendants. 😂

For our reading impaired Millennials friends out there, here's the takeaway:

"Once OMB signs off, the DEA will take public comment on the plan to move marijuana from its current classification as a Schedule I drug, alongside heroin and LSD. It moves pot to Schedule III, alongside ketamine and some anabolic steroids, following a recommendation from the federal Health and Human Services Department. After the public comment period and a review by an administrative judge, the agency would eventually publish the final rule."

Last edited:

mudballs

Just happy to have the spectre of life imprisonment off my back
Sched 1 sentencing guidelines
2 or More Prior Offenses: Life imprisonment. Fine of not more than $20 million if an individual, $75 million if not an individual.
it's all fun and games until you find it it really isn't

Oregonism

schedule 3 is a disaster, lol. Possibly re-criminalizes state rec programs, get it out of politico's hands. Doesn't solve banking for rec at all. Big companies will swoop in with pharmacy grade possibly. Exeutive order, ran around congress, anything else these fuck sticks CANT accomplish?

Sweatloaf

schedule 3 is a disaster, lol. Possibly re-criminalizes state rec programs, get it out of politico's hands. Doesn't solve banking for rec at all. Big companies will swoop in with pharmacy grade possibly. Exeutive order, ran around congress, anything else these fuck sticks CANT accomplish?

It sure secures a monopoly of legal (ie medical) weed production with pharma. A big potential money maker for it.

Maybe cannabis will be the lynchpin in which federal steamrolls over and into states rather than working in conjunction with state/local authorities.

People can't use Sched III drugs legally without a prescription. They also can't make them in their own home. It's not difficult to think that fed could now raise an issue with the states where it's legal for recreation rather than put it on the same schedule as Codeine, etc but just do nothing at all about recreational users, rec growers, etc.

Fed didn't flex their muscle with the citizenry as a whole under Sched I. Possible that in an ironic twist, it might flex its muscle with the citizenry as a whole under III.

CharlesU Farley

Pretty sure that puts all production under federal mandate same asany other prescription drug.
Schedule 2 isn't a step anywhere as far as home grow and legally producing anything goes.
I think some of y'all may be missing the point. Schedule one classification means there's absolutely no fucking use for the drug whatsoever, and there's no reason to study it, you can't open bank accounts that process cannabis cash, etc.

This ain't the fucking government trying to take over cannabis growers with more regulation y'all. They're _finally_ and begrudgingly admitting that cannabis has a real actual, medical use And this is the fucking _DEA_!!

This don't have shit to do with legalization, this is about changing it to another category, where they acknowledge that it's fucking _useful_ and they're not going to bust down your fucking house just for growing some plants.

This cannot be construed as anything other than a _good_ thing. Not sure what all the consternations about?

CharlesU Farley

Good direction I guess, but should be descheduled.
It'll take time, but we'll get there. I might not get to see the mountain top with the rest of y'all, but eventually we'll _all_ get to enjoy the view.

We are truly witnessing a revolution when it comes to cannabis laws and incarceration. Politicians and political parties are most assuredly _not_ the fucking ones leading the way.

And to put an exceedingly practical spin on how much things have changed; in my area here in the mountains, helicopters are not as frequent as they are in South Central LA in September and October around here, and 10 years ago they used to be.

I used to wave at the cocksuckers cuz I was growing _inside_. :ROFLMAO: 😂:ROFLMAO:

TheMan13

Veteran
Schedule III maybe would have been appropriate 3 decades ago IMHO. This is just a bad joke in the face of recreational cannabis and just a continuation of the lawfare/regulatory capture of medicinal cannabis in this country/federally that we have been fighting for over a half century now. Look up that term "regulatory capture" and check your "special interests" ... WTF has become of cannabis activism?

Last edited:

CharlesU Farley

The title of the thread is an example, is it not?

Some people would eat shit if they even THOUGHT a progressive MIGHT smell it.
This ain't political, it's _legal_, and the two don't have anything to do with each other. The move from Schedule I to Schedule III will enable massive amounts of money to be put towards cannabis _research_ for medical issues, psychological issues, and a host of other things that cannabis is so excellent treating.

Since it is Schedule I now, academic and medical institutions have to jump through _unbelievable_ hoops just to acquire standard dose, cannabis preparations for use in scientific double-blind a/b studies.

When it moves to Schedule III, it will be _much_ more easy for these institutions to study. Call it Big pharma, big government takeover, whatever conspiracy or political bullshit theory you want to try to attach to this change.

Just remember when you're typing all that bullshit, this is the fucking _DEA_ changing the classification of cannabis from essentially useless and dangerous, to something that's going to be regulated but at least academic and scientific studies can be conducted.

This is the same DEA that used to monitor _your_ IP addresses _every_ time you would visit OG in the early 2000s!!!

Finally, when the change takes place officially, they are going to put their resources anywhere else other than cannabis cultivation. Please find me a place, at least here in America, that's not being inundated with fentanyl and meth. So they've essentially given up on cannabis.

And there's no fucking way in the world _that_ can be turned into a _bad_ thing.

But feel free to go ahead and spout conspiracy theories, political opinions, and any other viewpoints that are different than my assessment of things.

I ain't dealing with helicopters anymore! :cool:

I Care

I don’t trust it! I never will, they’ll never decriminalize it like it should be. ain’t nothing but seed bearing plant. Cool we may figure out some new uses and they’ll be synthesizing it again.

I Care

that’s good news to me to be honest. The plant is complex and had its individual uses for everybody. If rescheduling leads to expanding the scope of cannabis use, that would be awesome.