Veteran
Here is a pic from a happy customer ripening some new ACE Thai release indoors

Attachments

• Thai Chiang Mai indoor cola passing mid flowering.JPG
    Thai Chiang Mai indoor cola passing mid flowering.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 512

Legalcdn

@dubi
In this Thai, are we counting the 1216 weeks in flower at flip or onset of pistils?

I know it really depends on many factors, but in general..

My lights are on 10 on / 14 off.

Thanks

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Legalcdn with this type of long flowering tropical sativa lines it depends more on the pheno, sexual maturity of the plant you are flowering, feeding, temps, photoperiods, etc ... this pure Thai from Chiang Mai finishes within the 12-16 weeks stated in the strain description, rarely taking more time if the growing conditions are adequate.

sativaman514

@Legalcdn , how you and your plants are doing mate? Cannot wait to see some pics of your Thai, with all the progress and growth they did! Cheers, and happy farming!

Legalcdn

@Legalcdn , how you and your plants are doing mate? Cannot wait to see some pics of your Thai, with all the progress and growth they did! Cheers, and happy farming!
The plants are doing well. The destroyer has Meao Thai mixed with Mex/Columbian. I popped the last two seeds and they have resulted in 1 male, 1 female. I made a few clones in case these are great plants.The lady will be transplanted this weekend. Selective pollen chucking will occur later.

The two Ace Thai have not displayed sex yet but I have been using the microscope to see. So far, 10/14 light schedule. I will up pot them also.

Pollen to be used on both are: Zacateca tribute, malawi x panama, ace thai, destroyer to make a nice 8 hybrid seed varieties. Still undecided on GT, killer a5 haze, or thai x pan fem seeds for February.

Your plants look stellar @sativaman514

Male destroyer is left, 2nd from left is female.

Thai are growing tall so trying to restrict their height.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221015-090014_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221015-090014_Gallery.jpg
    707.4 KB · Views: 154
  • Screenshot_20221015-085821_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221015-085821_Gallery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 158
  • Screenshot_20221015-085734_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221015-085734_Gallery.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 150
  • Screenshot_20221014-081844_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221014-081844_Gallery.jpg
    805.2 KB · Views: 162

sativaman514

The plants are doing well. The destroyer has Meao Thai mixed with Mex/Columbian. I popped the last two seeds and they have resulted in 1 male, 1 female. I made a few clones in case these are great plants.The lady will be transplanted this weekend. Selective pollen chucking will occur later.

The two Ace Thai have not displayed sex yet but I have been using the microscope to see. So far, 10/14 light schedule. I will up pot them also.

Pollen to be used on both are: Zacateca tribute, malawi x panama, ace thai, destroyer to make a nice 8 hybrid seed varieties. Still undecided on GT, killer a5 haze, or thai x pan fem seeds for February.

Your plants look stellar @sativaman514

Male destroyer is left, 2nd from left is female.

Thai are growing tall so trying to restrict their height.

It will be a jungle soon!

Legalcdn

Well, 2 thai plants and 2 males. It's pollen collecting season for these Thai plants. I popped a FEM Golden tiger to keep with the Thai theme. So the golden tiger seed run will have malawi, Koh Chang Thai, Hmong Thai, and Chiang Mai. Not bad at all.

I am hoping the remaining Thai seeds are female but you never know.

sativaman514

Happy Fryday fellow gardeners!

These are 2 Thai, at 2 months from flower formation. Seeds were sown June 25th as posted on the Chiang Mai old thread. It will be more fun an easier to follow in this sticky new one.

Plants are over 6ft tall, at the very limit of this 4x4 tent. At this point all the new space after final transplant is occupied by a mass of roots. Both are having a lot of fan leaves yellowing, loosing a good amount of them everyday. To adress this I gave them worm casting teas and K sulfate, but without noticeable results. Looks similar, but less advanced than the pic posted by dubi at the top of this page. Might be strain related.

Some form of ripening has begun on lower buds, showing a few brown pistils and a little frost. I am very pleased by the flower forming giant colas on pheno 1 and masses of buds on pheno 2.

IMG_3034.JPG

pheno 1: slender tall sexy Sativa colas
IMG_3054.JPG IMG_3039.JPG IMG_3035.JPG

pheno 2: her branches are huge!!
IMG_3047.JPG IMG_3053.JPG IMG_3036.JPG

ripening
IMG_3045.JPG IMG_3044.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3048.JPG
    IMG_3048.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 370

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A pitty to hear that Legalcdn we had great female ratios on all the generations when working on the preservation of this Thai.

I always found that sexing regular seeds in small pots where plants are root bound at sexing time produces higher male ratios than sexing plants in bigger pots.
Anyway, a cross between Golden Tiger fem (which contains Meao and Koh Chang Thais) and your Thai Chiang Mai males has the potential to produce very dominant Thai expressions, yet more tamed and potent :D I'm also sure you will find more Chiang Mai females in the remaining seeds of the pack!

You are doing great with them indoors sativaman514 ;) Thanks for sharing your updates here on the Thai sticky thread. Such beautiful, extremely long, thin, untamed tropical sativa leaves and flowering profile as well.

sativaman514

Pheno 2 is in finishing mode. Following recent progression, plant should be ready in about 3 weeks, hitting the 12 weeks mark, making it an early pheno. She is gaining some weight with swelling and resin production. Her smell is less intense than her sis. She smells somehow hearty, mystical, lemony.. Her sister is pure lemon with pinesol undertones :love: !!

I've kindly raised daylenght to adress massive ealry yellowing. Now plants are under 10.25-13.75 hrs on-off. Seems to really help. These wild untamned plants had never gotten such long dark period as native Thai landrace, and really they showed some stress that neede to be adressed. I won't recomend to others to reduce daylenght that much, so early. Extra Nitrogen, premature ripening caused by reduced daylenght, and uneven light distribution (light to close from canopy) sure affects flowers look.

At this point, their destiny are almost sealed, nothing much I can do to help.

Here is pheno 2. Her main branches are so huges, with strong branching out. She have suffer from lack of height to fully expend. Plant was monstercroped multipled times.

Attachments

• IMG_3060.JPG
    IMG_3060.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 283
  • IMG_3059.JPG
    IMG_3059.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 253
  • IMG_3064.JPG
    IMG_3064.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 260
  • IMG_3063.JPG
    IMG_3063.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 264
  • IMG_3062.JPG
    IMG_3062.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 275
  • IMG_3057.JPG
    IMG_3057.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 257
  • IMG_3056.JPG
    IMG_3056.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 277
  • IMG_3055.JPG
    IMG_3055.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 286

Legalcdn

Pheno 2 is in finishing mode. Following recent progression, plant should be ready in about 3 weeks, hitting the 12 weeks mark, making it an early pheno. She is gaining some weight with swelling and resin production. Her smell is less intense than her sis. She smells somehow hearty, mystical, lemony.. Her sister is pure lemon with pinesol undertones :love: !!

I've kindly raised daylenght to adress massive ealry yellowing. Now plants are under 10.25-13.75 hrs on-off. Seems to really help. These wild untamned plants had never gotten such long dark period as native Thai landrace, and really they showed some stress that neede to be adressed. I won't recomend to others to reduce daylenght that much, so early. Extra Nitrogen, premature ripening caused by reduced daylenght, and uneven light distribution (light to close from canopy) sure affects flowers look.

At this point, their destiny are almost sealed, nothing much I can do to help.

Here is pheno 2. Her main branches are so huges, with strong branching out. She have suffer from lack of height to fully expend. Plant was monstercroped multipled times.
You are doing an amazing job taming the thai that can overtake indoor spaces. Close to the finish line, congrats.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Your female 2 is looking great heading its end of life @sativaman514 :love: Pleased to know you are getting classic ancient-lemony Thai terps from them, and without hermie traits or neverending flowering times like it usually happens with many Thais indoors.

sativaman514

In the last days, the finishing plant have suprised me showing some pink hues on a few calyxes, located at the top, where the light is the stongest. Temps variation between days and nights have naturally been over 10°C, close to 20F. Stems have also tuned red. At this point with this run, I don't know if she is expressing some nutrient deficiencies eighter... So I don't know if it's healty or not. Under the scope, trichomes are not damaged and are not showing any stress. Her smell seems to be fixed with a floral and sweet background. Trichomes are half-half clear and milky, showing no signs of ambering on the way. First calyxes from pre-flowers are drying and dying. Good amount of resin when touching the plant. A small branch have been choped for sampling. About one more week.

First pheno is smelling beyond my dream: what I thought I knew about the old school, lemon-lime delicious smell, even from the best pheno I came accross, is like a 360p preview compare to 4K video! She is producing a little more resin than previous pheno, and grows compact and columnar. Flowers are have a little more bud like shape. About 2 weeks left.

Pheno 2, Sweet and floral

IMG_3067.JPG IMG_3068.JPG IMG_3070.JPG IMG_3079.JPG

Pheno 1, Lemon-lime

IMG_3074.JPG IMG_3073.JPG IMG_3076.JPG IMG_3075.JPG

sativaman514

Thanks =) The 2 pannels are nothing but Chinese knock off of HLG. Kingbrite - Meijiu brand equivalent (branded under the name Canopy Lightening) 240w lm301b, 3500K, no UV or far red, just the basic boards. They are over 2 years old. I rarely crank them up but the dimmer have been at 120%.
The first month they where kept under 18-6, than forced to flower (without success) for the other month under 11-13.

Last edited: