What's new

sugestions on heating my shed in winter

akabud

Hey guys,
Im looking to keep my grow going through winter, however im going to have probs when the lights go out in winter, i have looked at several gas heaters with the added benefits of co2. saying that i dont want it to be detectable from the sky.
Is there any way i can heat my shed enough to keep the girls happy through winter without ir detection?
Thanks

bens lab

As long as it's well insulated with something like thick kingspan it should be ok, I use an oil rad near the intake. Might also be best to outake under the shed (possibly into a pipe) so there isn't a plume of hot air emmitting from said shed.

akabud

As long as it's well insulated with something like thick kingspan it should be ok, I use an oil rad near the intake. Might also be best to outake under the shed (possibly into a pipe) so there isn't a plume of hot air emmitting from said shed.
Thanks buddy, my exhaust does run under the shed,. any more sugestions appreciated.
thanks

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i built a shed growroom for someone and insulated all of it between the 'joists' on the inside with 5cm kingspan/cellotex, then put a skin of thin plywood on it - floor and all. this worked well all winter with hardly any extra heating.

Guvnor

Doing the above would be my first suggestion, but my second would be to air cool your light(s) and then bring that hot air back into your garden, you could just exhaust the room and not the light(s) but this air would be much cooler than if it was brought directly from the light(s)
Brining stale air back into garden isn't ideal, so you should have a independant intake, whether that be passive or active, a active intake would have its advantages as you could control how much cold winter air is brought in.

Apart from that, heaters are you'r best bet and I very much doubt you will be caught from the heat signature of a heater in a shed.

Hope this helps

Guvnor :wave:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pop a rabbit hutch outside and the flying oinks will think its just a deluxe guinea pig pad :D

Otherwise place an oscillating fan inside the shed and do away with the extraction unit until next spring. This will keep temps up from bulb heat and fresh air will be brought in under the door etc by the oscillating fan anyhow... :joint:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you can get decent greenhouse thermostatic heaters for 20-30 quid.

akabud

Thanks guys, the problem i will have is during lights off, i think i may have to purchase a slamm heater, and insulate it before winter.
If any one has links to descent heaters i would appreciate it.
The shed is approx 8x6.
Thanks again guys for all the info

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
i'm sure U know this but...say it anyway.......run lightz @ night during coldest........let the ladiez sleep all day while itz warmer.........workz well for me....less need for extra warmth.............

Spanishfly

What you concerned about? Heat detectors? Lots of UK gardeners heat their greenhouses throughout the winter. You will not stand out.

inapond13

I have an electric heater with fan in my greenhouse with a thermostatic control. Works great. It was installed by previous owner who did not grow weed. It is very normal to have greenhouse heating.

Have a look at my album pics to see how my 2 girls are doing. Been in flower for about a month now.

Latest posts

Latest posts