What's new

Seed stores / rec shops

G.O.T.

hey there,

just another BC'er asking questions ...

1. Is there any place to buy american breeders from a store front? would i need to be medical ?

2. Is it worth it at all to find a rec store and buy pot for the novelty of it all, or are we not quite there yet? i don't need to rush my first legal weed purchase... hell I figured it would be over seas somewhere

thx. hopefully i can vist ur beautiful state / country soon... I love it in the States. on another note does "Bargain Betty's" or something like that, a firework store, still exist ? I swore I seen a huge box store back in the day as a kid.... blew my mind. I hear they have a bottle rocket isle. oh man

G.O.T.

nobody knows the deal? i wanna get clones probably not smart but I'm known to be dumb sometimes

SoaringHi

You aren't going to get anything you want from Washington state other than some overpriced recreational herb. It's excellent quality stuff all around, but at $20+ per gram, they can keep it. As far as seeds and clones go, you are going to need access to medical dispensaries/collectives unless you can get pretty creative.

The Fireworks have toned down a lot since you were a kid. Bargain Betty's is still out on the Lummi Reservation but they are just hanging on these days as most of the cities around here have banned that god awful racket inside city limits.

Edit: I just realized the irony here. Back in the mid 90's we used to go north to Vancouver, B.C. to buy seeds from Marc Emery and then swing by downtown to score some excellent "B.C. Bud" and take it to a "coffee-shop" and vape/smoke it. Now the U.S. has prosecuted Marc and company so the Canadians can come down here to buy seeds and legal herb!

G.O.T.

thx soaring..

ya I figured the weed is overpriced... as a out of towner, when travelling the States, I uuslly paid 60 an 1/8 or 100 a quarter... always top notch stuff.... i laugh at my buddies up here who think 'BC bud' is still the bees knees

ya I was looking to score some packs of seeds, since canada has limited seed banks, and zero with credit card, so they want cash or bank drafts... old school.

id probably be too scared to smuggle clone back. but damn it there isn't anything cool in canada.

i have some US friends, they all think Vancouver is really boring. well, it is.

oh ya. Is cookie crisp still on the shelves? its a cereal. can't get it here... same with whatchamicallits ... the chocolate bar... anyways.

BigNoise

Man, that's a bummer. I thought seeds and such were pretty easy to get up there. So the banks up there have storefronts, but cash only? Why can't you go that route? Is stock/selection really limited or something?

If nothing else, there is always mail. I just made my first two orders, no problems.

SoaringHi

.. i laugh at my buddies up here who think 'BC bud' is still the bees knees

Some of it is still pretty amazing if you ask me. I have a friend that lives in Surrey that I went to visit in the fall. We hopped the sky-train to downtown Van and stood outside a bar for about 10 seconds until a guy came out and lit a smoke and asked what we wanted. My friend held up one finger and got what looked to be a gram, not sure what he paid the guy. We got back to his place that afternoon and packed a couple of bowls. It was strong, fruity sativa type high with enough body to it to slow you down a good bit. Like a classic skunk/haze hybrid but different. I had to stay put into that evening, I didn't want to drive across the border being that high.

G.O.T.

thats what we have going for us. honest drug dealers. sometimes the little mexican kid doesn't run as fast as he usually does, but its all good... he always come back with a small g bag that busts way up, lol..

i say in vancouver and surrounding areas you have a 85- 99% chance of scoring AA-AAAA bud for 25$ an 1/8

but in terms of having newer cali / east coast strains we lack... i haven't seen a true cali cut ever, or a real ECSD.

we have seed banks, some store fronts in Vancouver. but usually sub par genetics, low stock, and high prices.

mail order only has couple cool breeders other than Canadian ones, which have fallen off lately. I want US breeders as thats where I have been finding my fire.

BC people in general smoke a lot of weed, so we know whats up but generally speaking we are decades behind the times. I for one like the way things are going in the states for pot.

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur
If you want good strains from the pnw look into redeyed genetics you can get there beans at a bunch of places in Washington state naturesgreenremedies.com ships international and take credit cards.

G.O.T.

If you want good strains from the pnw look into redeyed genetics you can get there beans at a bunch of places in Washington state naturesgreenremedies.com ships international and take credit cards.

ya i have been keeping an eye out for them, thx man.

NGR wants 25$ shipping, no guarantee ... f that. too much, plus horrible customer service regarding emails ... seems like a young kid or girl is responding to the emails, lol

G.O.T.

now i have a craving for cookie crisp...

haven't seen those commercials forever... the one where the cop is locking up the crimp for stealing the crisp . classic

Latest posts

Latest posts