Cactus Squatter

F it. I gotta see how both turn out… 😂

Just ordered the following
A5 x Panama goddess
Panama goddess x A5
Zamaldelica x A5
Neville’s Haze x Panama
And a pack of Afghan Lemons

Dubi, please do me a favor… don’t let me see anymore amazing R&D or new strains. 😉
I now can never make up my mind what will be growing at any given time. 😂 All I know anymore is that I have a ton of unique, amazing and very Sativa leaning greenery and I’m down to throwing darts at a board to pick what goes next.

Happy 420 everyone! I hope a lot of you are able to take advantage of the sales at ACE and Mandala. There’s some killer looking stuff in the R&D I had to just back away from so as not to scare my bank account to Timbuktu.

Koondense

Veteran
Yeah, went through the whole list and i want half of it :)
But i'll stay calm, realistically i have zero need for new seeds, got at least 20 of Ace varieties still to try and a few days ago i was reminded how quick time passes(rounded birthday) ... so for now i'll only get the NewCaledonia and maybe another hybrid... and pop a lot of seeds to give out to friends who want to grow outdoor plants. The only way to make space for new seeds :)

Cheers

Synthracer

Yeah, went through the whole list and i want half of it :)
But i'll stay calm, realistically i have zero need for new seeds, got at least 20 of Ace varieties still to try and a few days ago i was reminded how quick time passes(rounded birthday) ... so for now i'll only get the NewCaledonia and maybe another hybrid... and pop a lot of seeds to give out to friends who want to grow outdoor plants. The only way to make space for new seeds :)

Cheers
I can relate so much to this! I swore to myself not to buy seeds anymore, cause the stash would last for a lifetime plus I want to do my own breds, so... but that damn list arghh xD

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thank you very much Cactus Squatter for supporting our latest R+D work through Mandala (y)
It's really touching the motivation shown to explore most of our work, old and new.

The A5 Haze x Panama Goddess (reversed) has been tested a bit since it was produced 2-3 years ago iirc, and it's quite variable, we have grown some here that were quite Panama dominant, other growers reported quite A5 Haze dominant phenos too.

The Panama Goddess x A5 Haze (reversed) is the newer and yet untested. When trying to merge 2 different elite females in a single fem line, I think is always interesting to try both possible combinations: A female x B female (reversed), and B female x A female (reversed). In this case, A5 Haze is an extremely heterozygous F1, Panama Goddess is also quite heterozygous, so when A5 Haze and Panana Goddess are crossed the outcome works more like a poly hybrid with amny different phenotypes, rather than how a true F1 works.

So it's more about pheno hunting with these 2: looking for that plant/pheno that combines perfectly both parental plants, or even better: one which recombination produces something new and unexpected, something that is better than any blend of the 2 one could dream of.

Thanks a lot also for your support orangina :angelshug: Please try to grow a few of each line in same environment if you have the chance, that's our plan too.

The Amnesia Haze is the original cut, grown by a friend non stop for more than 10 years. I just don't like its effects, i never considered Amnesia any better than the best old Jack Herer or Kali Mist, but some people like it a lot and seems to be the reference for commercial indoor Haze hybrid nowadays in Europe. Only 100-200 seeds of Amnesia x Panama cross have been produced, thought it would be fun for some Amnesia lovers to have the chance to get some of these beans.

I think i will create soon a R+D thread on the sticky area of our room since seems there's recently lot of interest about it.

Cactus Squatter

So due to 2 of my outdoor New Caledonia’s showing male, I popped a couple of the recent R&D fem seeds I got this month to replace them once pollen is collected.
1 Panama Goddess x A5 Haze
1 A5 Haze x Panama Goddess

Paper towel/baggie method, put them in around 9:45pm local time and when I looked at them the next day at around 7:30am they had both not only cracked but put out a decent root already. Babies want to grow!!! A day and a half later and they’re breaking soil already.
These will be joining a Neville’s Haze x Panama already in the garden and on its second set of true leaves. It’ll be nice to compare the growth and flowering of these 3 Panama/Haze crosses and see how they perform in my conditions. They’ll also be alongside a Panama fem for further comparison.

Really been digging the KA5H and the Panama this last year so I’m really looking forward to what these 3 R&D can do.

power puff

You won't be disappointed in the nevilles and a5 crosses to panama.
I grew both and they both are excellent plants.
I grew straight panama, and it was not my cup of tea.
Personally I like a5-panama a bit more than a5-malawi, same for the nevs pan vs nevs malawi.

And like Dubi said, amnesia is not my thing... grew it many times, love the smel, it's very addicitng.
Using the core cut for breeding results in a lot of variation in the offspring, at least thats my experience.

Cactus Squatter

You won't be disappointed in the nevilles and a5 crosses to panama.
I grew both and they both are excellent plants.
I grew straight panama, and it was not my cup of tea.
Personally I like a5-panama a bit more than a5-malawi, same for the nevs pan vs nevs malawi.

And like Dubi said, amnesia is not my thing... grew it many times, love the smel, it's very addicitng.
Using the core cut for breeding results in a lot of variation in the offspring, at least thats my experience.
Good to hear.
I’m not an amnesia fan either. Love the smell but I can’t feel it ever.
I’m a huge Ace Panama fan though. It’s basically a super refined version of what I grew up on and missed so much from the early 90s before everything got Kush’d to death.

Cactus Squatter

Panama x A5

60BBD806-3C2E-4EA9-BF82-24E21965480A.jpeg
A5 x Panama
28A00808-D128-4D3B-A480-7C0127F25886.jpeg