Veteran
A couple quick shots 84ish days 11/13
IMG_2407.jpeg
IMG_2408.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Her flower structure leans much more towards the A5 Haze side, @MrHamilton. The Purple Zamal barely produces foxtails indoors; instead, it yields airy tropical sativa buds.

I've always loved the signature A5 Haze terpene profile in A5 hybrids. However, since that profile is already well represented in strains like Panama A5 Haze and Killer A5 Haze, I'm now interested in exploring different desirable terpene profiles in new A5 hybrids like this one.

Shua1991

View attachment 18959420
I'm hoping to find one stress resistant mother plant with purple zamal effects and limited or no intersex traits and autoflowering.

Zamal would be a very nice tool for outdoors this summer in New York, the semi-autofloweri plants should provide practical utility due to the nastiness of fall in this area. If I can start their flowering by mid/late June then mid September I should be harvesting fully formed sativa flowers while missing the very worst of the mold outbreak that hits late September.
100% germination rate 👌

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Non stop reflowerings all these weeks and the colas getting bigger and harder @MrHamilton :)
Sometimes is really difficult to keep deep green A5 Haze and its crosses organically, some plants can take tons of macro nutrients and still yellowing. Looks like she is ripening last reflowering and finally stopping there!

Thanks @Shua1991 ;) please, keep us updated!

Shua1991

20240528_022730~2.jpg
I plan to wait until tonight before watering/foliar feeding with some homemade 'lactic acid bacteria', my grow area needs it 😬 while the PZ x A5H have been otherwise unflappable, my own f2's and every other breeder's seedlings/seeds alongside are showing some susceptibility to blight, I am impressed with the vigor so far. Hopefully the L.A.B foliar feed should help fight the pathogens, I've got maybe 8-10 hours left before I start, I should have better photographs of the unique phenotypes in a day or two after they start rooting in the soil, I don't want to move them around too much before then.
20240528_085343.jpg

Shua1991

Polish_20240530_060715989.jpg

I noticed the a5h liver/dead flowers phenotypes are really water hogs, had to keep them wet vs the zamal leaning citrus/spice smelling plants which seem happy with lower levels of watering. Another day or so to show root development and leaf formation,

The A5h phenos have some extremely jagged serrations, like the "alligator" phenotype of golden tiger, dead animal/decaying plant matter smells too totally unrelated though. Noticeable double serrations on the Zamal smelling plants. About 10 days before they go into larger containers.

Last edited:

Shua1991

20240601_061333.jpg
20240601_061228.jpg
20240601_061223.jpg
20240601_061217.jpg

"Dead flowers/rotten fruit" Stinky phenotype with thick roots, one of the shorter PZxA5h phenos and assuming based on smell it is leaning to A5h.
The roots are going to be established enough in 3-4 days for transfering. purplish stems on 4 seedlings now.

So far I give this hybrid a 10/10 on fungal resistance.

Last edited: