What's new

purchasing a hydroponic system

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask you for advice on my future purchase, I would like to purchase the ghe ecogrower hydroponic system with six pots, have any of you tried it?
I have a doubt that your six 15cm pots are a bit small for autoflowering plants, can they still be fine or are they too small?

IMG_1128.jpeg

Or do you have any other purchasing advice?
the Atami Wilma system doesn't seem bad but I think it has serious problems when changing the water in the system, as it doesn't have a drain hose!

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi everyone, I wanted to ask you for advice on my future purchase, I would like to purchase the ghe ecogrower hydroponic system with six pots, have any of you tried it?
I have a doubt that your six 15cm pots are a bit small for autoflowering plants, can they still be fine or are they too small?

View attachment 18918427
Or do you have any other purchasing advice?
the Atami Wilma system doesn't seem bad but I think it has serious problems when changing the water in the system, as it doesn't have a drain hose!
Ive been using wilmas for a lot of years very easy to use i empty mine once it has finished its course, and 99 percent of the time thats once, from start to finish now,. i used to empty a good few times but now i dont see much point just top up with fresh water when needs its done my girls no harm ..

Edited it may help if you post this in the hydro section too i just noticed :tiphat::good:

Last edited:
Ive been using wilmas for a lot of years very easy to use i empty mine once it has finished its course, and 99 percent of the time thats once, from start to finish now,. i used to empty a good few times but now i dont see much point just top up with fresh water when needs its done my girls no harm ..
so let me get this straight, do you never empty the system?
I'm now using a platinum hydrostar and I change the water about every two weeks when my cycle changes, let's say. . .

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so let me get this straight, do you never empty the system?
I'm now using a platinum hydrostar and I change the water about every two weeks when my cycle changes, let's say. . .
As previously stated ONCE.. no build up of salts to my knowledge and if so the plants im assuming would tell me.... once its dialed in its set to go by itself,, i cannot comment on the hydrostar but it looks similar to mine so should be more or less the same good luck with whatever you do (y)

Ok, Can I ask you another thing about the Wilma, from the photos of the products I can't see if it has the pots and the tray with holes to grow the roots directly in water, can you tell me is it all closed or does it have holes? ? ?

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok, Can I ask you another thing about the Wilma, from the photos of the products I can't see if it has the pots and the tray with holes to grow the roots directly in water, can you tell me is it all closed or does it have holes? ? ?
Holes in trays and pots i drilled more in the tray for just that reason and slightly larger than the pre drilled holes and remember also to fit a small submersible pump so no still water so to speak look into my signatures maybe some help there if needed saves me looking through it all, best of luck.:good:

Holes in trays and pots i drilled more in the tray for just that reason and slightly larger than the pre drilled holes and remember also to fit a small submersible pump so no still water so to speak look into my signatures maybe some help there if needed saves me looking through it all, best of luck.:good:
Ok, thank for the clarification👌

I have one last thing to ask, thanks again for your time friend....
you said that you don't change the water for the entire cycle, so rightly as regards fertilizers, you add them every week following the table, right? how can you be precise if you rely on a volume of 50l?? doesn't the amount of fertilizer add up after a while?

(I say this because as I told you in the cycle I'm doing now I change the water every week and therefore also the fertilizers following the table)

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok, thank for the clarification👌

I have one last thing to ask, thanks again for your time friend....
you said that you don't change the water for the entire cycle, so rightly as regards fertilizers, you add them every week following the table, right? how can you be precise if you rely on a volume of 50l?? doesn't the amount of fertilizer add up after a while?

(I say this because as I told you in the cycle I'm doing now I change the water every week and therefore also the fertilizers following the table)
No i do not add food every week,, i add it when needed and precision is not for me, close enough will suffice:biggrin:,. and i dont know what table you are following maybes manufactures guidelines, as for volume 501.. i do not know what you are on about to be honest:dunno:. im sure you said you changed your water every 2 weeks not 1?.. but if it works for you good luck:good:, and no again, food does not add up in my systems if they are eating and drinking healthy and pooping too same as you or me if that makes sense,, its a matter of getting most things balanced or dialed in then its plain sailing or at least it should be, but hope you find your answers good luck..:good:

Ca++

That might be the most inflexible system I have ever seen.

I don't know where to start. Is it even a drip system, as they claim? If 6 little pots, a res and a drip delivery system is what you want. Buy 6 pots, a res and a delivery system. Then you can change pot size for cents. Change the number of pots. The spacing! of the pots. The delivery speed. You can see in the tank. You can pull it out and shower it down if you get issues. Every part can be recycled into other systems, or expanded upon. Or if put in storage, pots stack into no space at all, and a res could be the normal looking plastic box it all sits within.
Having lived though the vampire coffin days (nft tanks) and seen basements stacked with the things, like a movie from that era, I would get your garlic and run.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i just bought a vevor 8 5gallon system for $123 bucks delivered- not much feedback on it, but the box arrived and the parts look solid- supposedly the airstones suck, but they are cheap enough...

Latest posts

Latest posts