Caputo yeasts.
48hrs fermentation IMO is the best.

Ooni / Uuni Pizza Oven.

kf2Vr5T.jpg

TTBkokQ.jpg

pEZQTlc.jpg

9kB2qot.jpg

Cuddles

I've actually been making pizza with the cheapest ingredients possible lol, you have to remember that when the first Italian immigrants came to NY from Naples they were poor as fuck and there weren't Italian specialty shops yet or a great importing system for things like olive oil from a particular region

There is a local mill here that makes 3 types of flour for stores in the area, a bleached all purpose that is pretty low gluten and most likely intended for pastries, whole wheat, and an unbleached all purpose that is a bit higher gluten that I think is intended as a bread flour that I have been using, $3 for 5lbs

I use walmart mozzarella, which is actually really good, obviously walmart doesn't produce the cheese and has it contracted with a company, which I think might be sargento

I've been rocking a $1.18 can of chef boyardee sauce, thickening it with a small slice of butter, and dusting with black pepper and garlic powder once its spread on the pizza

The one thing I don't cheap out on is the yeast and have been using platinum instant
about the olive oil -I don´t understand why some people insist on pouring lots of it onto their pizzas. I´ve seen people do it on TV shows too and I don´t get it at all. But of course they weren´t ITALIANS , lol

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
about the olive oil -I don´t understand why some people insist on pouring lots of it onto their pizzas.
i've never seen anyone do that. i must live a sheltered life or something. the best Italian spots here DO put some on their bruschetta though. wouldn't be the same without it. :good:

xtsho

My electric oven sucks for cooking pizza so I use the skillet/broiler method. I heat up a flat cast iron pan on top of the stove and get the broiler going. When the skillet is nice and hot I slide the pizza onto it and then put it under the broiler. Only takes a few minutes to cook and I get better results than trying to use a crappy electric oven on bake to cook a pizza.

Not the best pies but they work for me.

pizza03262023.jpg

pizzaa.jpg

pizza1.jpg

Kryptonite

Oh, so many pies posted here I'd love to take a bite of.
Im'a Pizza Freak. I have a younger brother that owns a local Italian Kitchen.
I usually make a pizza at least every other week, whatever type of dough I'm wanting at the time.
I also make my own pasta.
A pic of one of my double cheese, double cup and crisp pepperoni. The dough was a poolish, 72 hours refrigerated ferment.

Attachments

• DSCN2473.JPG
    DSCN2473.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 5
  • DSCN2474.JPG
    DSCN2474.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 6
  • DSCN2475.JPG
    DSCN2475.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 6

moose eater

RIGHT!
i cant give all the gooey likes to this thread!

@moose eater
f'n moose laying it on so thick you have to fold it over on the top!
that is a cheesy slice!
/nice plates
Mozzarella sprinkled in each layer, moderately, with feta or goat cheese and freshly grated parmesan on top.

As a younger hippie university student, I worked in a combination counterculture/sports bar pizza restaurant where we dealt a LOT of dope out the loading dock doors on the 2nd floor. And made some killer pizzas and sandwiches, too.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Mozzarella in each layer, moderately, with feta or goat cheese and freshly grated parmesan.

As a younger hippie university student, I worked in a combination counterculture/sports bar pizza restaurant where we dealt a LOT of dope out the loading dock doors on the 2nd floor. And made some killer pizzas and sandwiches, too.
no likes
but so many hat tips to you ny man!!! i would eat that pizza, but no spicy please!
/and oh yea, throw in some of those cheese packs' too!

moose eater

no likes
but so many hat tips to you ny man!!! i would eat that pizza, but no spicy please!
/and oh yea, throw in some of those cheese packs' too!
My wife doesn't do jalapeno on her pizzas, but I love it.

Homemade sauce (mine), whole wheat New York-style crust, as thin as possible (incorporating -LOTS- of olive oil and gluten into the dough when kneading; the secret to a chewy and simultaneously crispy NY style crust), and minimum to moderate sauce, then onions on the bottom in the sauce, maybe sweet peppers if that's desired (but too many fresh veggies in the sauce layer will cause increased moisture in the thing; not good, imo), then a sprinkling of mozzarella, then the meat layer, depending on what meats are being used. Then a layer of thick-sliced fresh mushrooms, then jalapeno, black olives and/or sliced colossal jalapeno and garlic-stuffed green olives, the feta and or goat cheese in small 'nuggets' spread around, another modest layer of mozzarella sprinkled around, and a healthy dusting of freshly grated parmesan.

The better mozzarella cheeses will get stringy like that when melted and still hot.

I used to order a pizza when I ran a men's group for batterers, to the point that the restaurant, without my knowledge, put my name on the pizza menu; I discovered it when I was back in that town for a recreational visit years later. I inquired as to what my royalties might be. They gave me a free soda. :)

The pie on their menu with my name attached was sliced sweet onion, pepperoni, sliced black olives, fresh sliced mushrooms, fresh sliced jalapeno, and mozzarella with feta.

I'm thinking any further/future requests for royalties when I head back there shortly will go unanswered. I'll be there in about 2 months.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
My wife doesn't do jalapeno on her pizzas, but I love it.

Homemade sauce (mine), whole wheat New York-style crust, as thin as possible (incorporating -LOTS- of olive oil and gluten into the dough when kneading; the secret to a chewy and simultaneously crispy NY style crust), and minimum to moderate sauce, then onions on the bottom in the sauce, maybe sweet peppers if that's desired (but too many fresh veggies in the sauce layer will cause increased moisture in the thing; not good, imo), then a sprinkling of mozzarella, then the meat layer, depending on what meats are being used. Then a layer of thick-sliced fresh mushrooms, then jalapeno, black olives and/or sliced colossal jalapeno and garlic-stuffed green olives, the feta and or goat cheese in small 'nuggets' spread around, another modest layer of mozzarella sprinkled around, and a healthy dusting of freshly grated parmesan.

The better mozzarella cheeses will get stringy like that when melted and still hot.

I used to order a pizza when I ran a men's group for batterers, to the point that the restaurant, without my knowledge, put my name on the pizza menu; I discovered it when I was back in that town for a recreational visit years later. I inquired as to what my royalties might be. They gave me a free soda. :)

The pie on their menu with my name attached was sliced sweet onion, pepperoni, sliced black olives, fresh sliced mushrooms, fresh sliced jalapeno, and mozzarella with feta.

I'm thinking any further/future requests for royalties when I head back there shortly will go unanswered. I'll be there in about 2 months.
right on brother! that sounds like a good pie, but i cant handle the spicy like i used to
/oh, i will tell myself i can...all lies! i pay for it the next day
so you are some kind of sponsored pizza dude! FREE SODA
like a local legend, i bet you can pick up all the chicks in that joint

moose eater

right on brother! that sounds like a good pie, but i cant handle the spicy like i used to
/oh, i will tell myself i can...all lies! i pay for it the next day
so you are some kind of sponsored pizza dude! FREE SODA
like a local legend, i bet you can pick up all the chicks in that joint
Hahahaha!!

I think there were about 2 customers in there when I asked about my 'royalties' many years ago.

The fact that we'd ordered enough pizzas of that specific variety, mostly for the Men's Group I referenced, that they knew my name and the contents of the pizza.... That was like some weird prehistoric version of Orwellian monitoring or something.

They also offered a slight variant of my original pie, also referencing me, but to quote Forrest Gump, "I never saw any of that money...". :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts