What's new

Pipedream"s 150w Tiny Bubbler System

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
:rasta:
desdinova - Let me put it this way, I've been playing around with growing since 1969. In all that time I've never had an EC meter or tried to figure out how else to measure it. In fact, its only the past 12 years or so that I've used a TDS meter to check PPM. So I guess the answer is NO, I don't check it and don't sweat it. It's not a bad thing to do and I know it can really help in controlling things, I've just never had the need or desire and I like to keep things as simple as possible.

Everyone and every plant likes a cool spring shower on a hot dry day (myself included). Yeas ago I used to mist them with a very very mild solution of cheap-o Miracle Grow, and it did help them beef up. Then somewhere along the line I decided I didn't want anything applied directly to the leaves and buds I would be consuming, so I switched to using plain seltzer in my mister. It has a high concentration of carbon-dioxide which can only help, and now I can and do often turn the mister on myself as well.

One last note....if you decide to mist, stop doing so once the buds start to become tight and dense. Otherwise you stand the chance of creating conditions perfect for bud-rot and mold.
:rasta:

desdinova

thank you . a first timer can be overwhelmed . i'm sure you are familiar with jorge canteras's bible . i got a copy and it almost covers too much .
you said you only use the bc grow but when you show your overall photo ... there is so much stuff in your closet . i recognise some things like the clone gel, but what's the rest .
better yet, is there another forum where you have gone over that stuff ?
be good, jim

Pipedream

Veteran
Most of that stuff has since been dumped in the trash. If I look at the pictures, I notice some PH up and Down chems, and a few things to treat various deficiencies should they happen, like epsom salt and potash. But the only thing I see that I still use on a regular basis is a $1 bottle of Hydogen Peroxide. In fact, in recent years I've even given up on the BC liquid nutes and moved to a one-part dry powder. It makes things much easier and I don't have to worry about the bottles freezing over the winter and ruining the contents. I'm all about keeping it simple and doing less work these days.

Pipedream, thank you for posting this thread! I'll likely be borrowing some of your ideas for my Ikea wardrobe which is about the same size as yours; maybe a little smaller in width. I can just fit 6x10 litre buckets in a 2x3 configuration.

However currently I'm only running two buckets due to problems finding an air pump powerful enough for six buckets. I've since found a quite powerful air pump for 45 EUR (about 60 USD.) Your manifold idea could be useful.

I also really like the bottom shelf so that you have a convenient storage place and a place to isolate the noise from the pump. I think I will copy your idea. :tiphat: Did you have to reinforce the shelf holding the buckets? The total weight could be quite a lot...

I do not want to hijack your thread, so mine's over here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=231415

Pipedream

Veteran
BG, Thanks for the nice words.

My wardrobe didn't have a shelf when I found it so I had to build one myself. Its constructed from a sheet of fairly heavy plastic, the type used for bathroom shower enclosures, and a simple one-by-two frame around the perimeter and crossing thru the center as well. I figured the plastic would be fairly easy to keep clean and unaffected by most chemicals. Being white it has the added advantage of reflecting light back up at the plants. It’s supported by simply resting on four additional pieces of 1x2, one standing in each corner and tacked to the walls. This arrangement makes it very light and easily removed for cleaning.

woolybear

Veteran
even though this thread is 6 years old, its still rocking!

amazing buds from the little buckets.

might have to try dwc. all i'd need is a bucket, net cup, air pump and hydroton. Do they sell small bags of hydroton?

might have to try dwc. all i'd need is a bucket, net cup, air pump and hydroton. Do they sell small bags of hydroton?

I suppose it depends where you are living. Here I was able to find some clay pebbles in 4 litre bags. Not the Hydroton brand they are a bit smaller and a few pebbles sometimes fall through the net pots and into the bucket; it works just fine though. :) Good luck!

Elweedster

I am starting a hydro system today , and I know I have alot to learn im using a 24x 20 tub with sprinkler setup with 3inch netcups what are good nutrients to get and feed thru cloning and veg cycle? us have a amazing setup!

D

detoneSmoker

pipedream- you should get a bottle of some kind and fill it half way up with warm water, then put some yeast in it. Let it sit for about ten mins. Then make a lid with a air tube inlet and a larger tube outlet. attach the inlet to your air pump and put the outlet in the middle of your crop. Each batch will last you about 1 1/2-2 weeks tops. excellent c02 delivery. simple and cheap to. plus its all natural c02 that the enzymes create! does wonders for my plants during flower. happy growing.

Pipedream

Veteran
.....what are good nutrients to get and feed thru cloning and veg cycle?

I say keep it as simple as possible in the beginning until you get everything figured out the way you like it. Try starting off with a good 1-Part Complete Veg nute. I like the one from General Hydroponics, but there are many to choose from.

detonesmoker - I've been pumping CO2 thru the system for years. I use a simple Generator sold at pet stores for use in aquariums. It only cost a few bucks and is well worth it.

Here's a link to one..... http://www.amazon.com/Hagen-Nutrafin-Natural-Activator-Stabilizer/dp/B00026058Y

Last edited:
G

Guest 142956

Could you point me to the simple generator? your link doesn't find it for me or I'm not looking for the right thing.