What's new

Pakistan Chitral Kush

Knothead

About 6 weeks in…
3659C037-47FE-40F8-8623-CB637FBEC608.jpeg

she is starting to develop a sweet aroma like that of a green apple. Also beginning to get some trichome activity. Don’t know if it’s me trying to keep this thing going in a very small pot or if it’s a trait of PCK but plant has really self pruned itself of most all of the “sun leaves.” Could be a normal fade but most of my outdoor stuff doesn’t react this way. Still not much purple but it still pretty hot with highs in the 90s.
BD504B3B-4952-40EB-B2C5-432AA22DD9BB.jpeg
44EF34DC-4E7C-42A2-B1C6-D579E31A44DC.jpeg

Wondered about y’alls opinion about her clones
782EA523-3D20-412D-A8ED-A0FE0B3AB230.jpeg
just uppotted them yesterday and am thinking of giving them a week to pull themselves together and then putting them on the deck to flower outside in natural sunlight and daylength. Won’t finish until probably mid November but they will definitely experience some cool/cold weather. Plants can be moved inside if needed for freezing weather. Or keep all or some of them under lights. Getting them out frees the tent and gives them some cool that I can’t/won’t give them in the house.
My intention with this cultivar is to work with the seeds I’m making with this female and 2 males together and with what I have left of the pack from ace in a strictly outdoor context, I’m at 37* latitude

xtsho

About 6 weeks in… View attachment 18882518
she is starting to develop a sweet aroma like that of a green apple. Also beginning to get some trichome activity. Don’t know if it’s me trying to keep this thing going in a very small pot or if it’s a trait of PCK but plant has really self pruned itself of most all of the “sun leaves.” Could be a normal fade but most of my outdoor stuff doesn’t react this way. Still not much purple but it still pretty hot with highs in the 90s. View attachment 18882521 View attachment 18882522
Wondered about y’alls opinion about her clones View attachment 18882523 just uppotted them yesterday and am thinking of giving them a week to pull themselves together and then putting them on the deck to flower outside in natural sunlight and daylength. Won’t finish until probably mid November but they will definitely experience some cool/cold weather. Plants can be moved inside if needed for freezing weather. Or keep all or some of them under lights. Getting them out frees the tent and gives them some cool that I can’t/won’t give them in the house.
My intention with this cultivar is to work with the seeds I’m making with this female and 2 males together and with what I have left of the pack from ace in a strictly outdoor context, I’m at 37* latitude

PCK is such a nice looking plant shape wise. You could use it for a Christmas tree and decorate it. In my opinion the lack of color is a good thing. I prefer the greener phenos myself.

Growing outdoors and getting that wonderful sunshine all day along with the temperature is going to cause the plant to use resources. You probably could have given it some more feed but it looks like it's going to finish out just fine leaving you with a nice harvest of good bud. :canabis:

Theorganicguy

PCK review after 10 months of curing
View media item 18713472
It’s a storm of cannabinoids and terpenes.
It’s disorientating, bizarre and yet thrilling.
It’s inevitability.

Drag eagerly and raspberries and lavender will burst all over your palate, spiralling in a summery apricot sunset. The next layer of terpenes shades into a totally different ambience: noir, sinuous, whimsical. It’s dry tobacco, billowy vanilla with a redolent sweet aftertaste.
Just like the sun slowly fading on the horizon, the rain drawing closer, PCK will have you draping over your chair, watching your everyday life fade in the rear mirror.
Unpractical, vertiginous and yet so tempting. PCK is a NLD in disguise. It will goggle your eyes whilst melting your muscles, unleashing a nebula of cannabinoids.
All this sedation in conjunction with flicks of energy flashing your thoughts will have you stare at the ceiling until it stares back at you.
This brings me to the most negative part of PCK: the upsetting, unpredictable, dizzying flow of yin and yang energy. Your conscience is trapped inside a body too assuaged to indulge in your wishes. You are tied to a jumping horse, too agitated to faint and too storm-tossed to properly relax. Both sides of the moon shine on you at once, eventually disorientating you.

PCK has many lovely characteristics: unbelievably tasty, abundantly resinous and exotic-looking. it’s just utterly complicated to find a suiting moment to enjoy it.
First thing in the morning? You’ll struggle to get to lunch awake.
As a treat in the early afternoon? Get ready for a yawning competition.
After the day has ended? Don’t overindulge or you’ll spend half of your night turning over like an omelette.
I believe PCK is breeding material at its finest: well suited for every kind of hybrid, highly resistant to the elements and with some out of the ordinary terpenes and colours, ready to be moulded into something with a more delineated identity.

Now, after the subjective part, here’s the objective part.
View media item 18713474View media item 18713473
I was fairly sure she’d brandish a consistent 15% or even more, considering how mellow it gets me. Surprise, surprise. Despite the lower THC she’s more than effective. My quest for cannabinoids makes me assume that CBG isn’t just a cricket chirping in the meadow, but a trustworthy propeller. Maybe CBC plays a role too?

Terpenes surprised me too. I assumed lavender was a sign of Linalool, only to be once again disproven. Judging by this chart, this hash plant should feel rather mundane and boring, despite how unique she smells/tastes. Maybe all this numbers are just numbers.

:tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
About 6 weeks in… View attachment 18882518
she is starting to develop a sweet aroma like that of a green apple. Also beginning to get some trichome activity. Don’t know if it’s me trying to keep this thing going in a very small pot or if it’s a trait of PCK but plant has really self pruned itself of most all of the “sun leaves.” Could be a normal fade but most of my outdoor stuff doesn’t react this way. Still not much purple but it still pretty hot with highs in the 90s. View attachment 18882521 View attachment 18882522
Wondered about y’alls opinion about her clones View attachment 18882523 just uppotted them yesterday and am thinking of giving them a week to pull themselves together and then putting them on the deck to flower outside in natural sunlight and daylength. Won’t finish until probably mid November but they will definitely experience some cool/cold weather. Plants can be moved inside if needed for freezing weather. Or keep all or some of them under lights. Getting them out frees the tent and gives them some cool that I can’t/won’t give them in the house.

pretty impressive @Knothead :smoke: love the way she was shaping in late August, excellent yield for a pure PCK! Flower leans strong to Purple PCK 2002 traits with such resins and flower distribution/look, guess purple/pink colors are more intense now. How is she doing, already harvested ?

Impressive growth on your indoor copies too, well done!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi everyone!

I'm sharing with you the first seedless cycle featuring all 7 females that were found in pack of PCK, from the previous stock done by Ras Pablo.
They were grown in a coco-based soil with organic amendments, water only in 5,5L pots. With no veg, to finish just in time for the summer break. Pictures were taken at D46 of 12/12.

#1 Forest fruit, cedar oil, naphthalene (intense)
View attachment 18874427
#2 Sour, gas, red fruitish, pungent but less complex
View attachment 18874428
#6 Green apple, creamy, car freshener aroma. Not a lot of bud going on here, though striking aroma.
View attachment 18874430
#8 Greasy, sour gummies though more subtle than sibs
View attachment 18874431
#9 Similar to #2 though a tad more astringent
View attachment 18874432
#10 Similar to #1, more intense, complex and brilliant aroma. My favorite! Wicked structure with quirks here and there.
View attachment 18874433
#11 Spicer and more herbal. The best from a production standpoint (yield, bract-to-leaf ratio, manageable modern indoor structure). A standout in a different and appealing direction. Cures to a distinct lavender gray tone. View attachment 18874434 Growing conditions were pretty harsh at times (30-33ºC often) but they managed to thrive and still provide a little flower to have a grasp of what they are capable of. They all finished pretty fast flowering wise, and at around D56 mostly were showing peak point maturity cues.
During the prior open-pollination they took around 75 days.

This time an earlier harvest was already planned for due to heat and in the future later ones will be experimented with.

I'm thrilled to have these curing, been 10 years since the last time.
I've been testing a cold cure method using a wine cooler for the first time and these will provide the perfect test case. First impression on climate controlled dry/cure is that it's totally worth the investment for the homegrower.

A proper cycle with the most interesting will follow in the future, I can already see several really interesting properties. Perhaps monovarietal ice or rosin? Who knows?... Tempting for sure, they are delectable.

Hope you've enjoyed.
tZ

What a show Zientist :love: flowers look wonderfull, congrats! Thanks a lot for taking the time to share pics and comments on each of them, now in this second, unseeded run. Terpenes get very distorted in seeded plants by late flowering, so this is a much better chance to really evaluate each well. Hope you can share your final insights on them once you are more familiarized with their cured, sinsemilla flowers ;) Espero haya ido bien el verano!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
PCK review after 10 months of curing
View media item 18713472
It’s a storm of cannabinoids and terpenes.
It’s disorientating, bizarre and yet thrilling.
It’s inevitability.

Drag eagerly and raspberries and lavender will burst all over your palate, spiralling in a summery apricot sunset. The next layer of terpenes shades into a totally different ambience: noir, sinuous, whimsical. It’s dry tobacco, billowy vanilla with a redolent sweet aftertaste.
Just like the sun slowly fading on the horizon, the rain drawing closer, PCK will have you draping over your chair, watching your everyday life fade in the rear mirror.
Unpractical, vertiginous and yet so tempting. PCK is a NLD in disguise. It will goggle your eyes whilst melting your muscles, unleashing a nebula of cannabinoids.
All this sedation in conjunction with flicks of energy flashing your thoughts will have you stare at the ceiling until it stares back at you.
This brings me to the most negative part of PCK: the upsetting, unpredictable, dizzying flow of yin and yang energy. Your conscience is trapped inside a body too assuaged to indulge in your wishes. You are tied to a jumping horse, too agitated to faint and too storm-tossed to properly relax. Both sides of the moon shine on you at once, eventually disorientating you.

PCK has many lovely characteristics: unbelievably tasty, abundantly resinous and exotic-looking. it’s just utterly complicated to find a suiting moment to enjoy it.
First thing in the morning? You’ll struggle to get to lunch awake.
As a treat in the early afternoon? Get ready for a yawning competition.
After the day has ended? Don’t overindulge or you’ll spend half of your night turning over like an omelette.
I believe PCK is breeding material at its finest: well suited for every kind of hybrid, highly resistant to the elements and with some out of the ordinary terpenes and colours, ready to be moulded into something with a more delineated identity.

Now, after the subjective part, here’s the objective part.
View media item 18713474View media item 18713473
I was fairly sure she’d brandish a consistent 15% or even more, considering how mellow it gets me. Surprise, surprise. Despite the lower THC she’s more than effective. My quest for cannabinoids makes me assume that CBG isn’t just a cricket chirping in the meadow, but a trustworthy propeller. Maybe CBC plays a role too?

Terpenes surprised me too. I assumed lavender was a sign of Linalool, only to be once again disproven. Judging by this chart, this hash plant should feel rather mundane and boring, despite how unique she smells/tastes. Maybe all this numbers are just numbers.

:tiphat:
thanks @Theorganicguy :) for your truly eloquent and detailed post on the qualities of the flower. I feel you when you say some purple PCK expressions have a sativa feeling (especially compared with Afghanis) and effect. The lanky structure and foxtailed flowering structures of some PCK individuals from the colorful expressions can be reminiscent of some colorful Himalayan sativas. As far as i can remember, yours was a PCK hashplant indica shaped type, there are even more sativa-like purple expressiones.

Thanks also for the lab results :yes: the outcome of your plant from last year is very similar in cannabinoid profile, content and even the terpene profile to the attached PCK.

And your are right, the lab results can hardly capture all the nuances a good nose is able to capture.I have many, similar in results terpene analyses from different strains (genetically and organoleptically), which come out similar for monoterpenes at the lab, but they are way different to each other in scents/taste.

Attachments

• PCK P análisis de cannabinoides.jpg
    PCK P análisis de cannabinoides.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 79
  • PCK P análisis terpenos.jpg
    PCK P análisis terpenos.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 81

Knothead

pretty impressive @Knothead :smoke: love the way she was shaping in late August, excellent yield for a pure PCK! Flower leans strong to Purple PCK 2002 traits with such resins and flower distribution/look, guess purple/pink colors are more intense now. How is she doing, already harvested ?

Impressive growth on your indoor copies too, well done!
Ended up taking her down in 2nd week of September because of impending tropical storm headed my way. Probably would have let it go a bit longer not having any experience with this cultivar, not sure how it would finish. This is my first experience with a pure indica. Very slight coloration on the bracts but not disappointed with that. Plant got much larger than I was expecting, harvest was ample-not disappointed with that either! Cultivar is no slouch in the potency department, early samples seem sativa like without dirtiness.
Ended up putting her clones on the deck on September first
E2D30C28-6F5D-463E-A2AE-31CDDA51695E.jpeg
C97B15B4-9533-4DF9-ACC9-FF8D54DA0922.jpeg
E2E20088-6431-49CC-8546-CDCC60402068.jpeg
I’ve been amazed with these after putting them under the sun. Plants fully doubled size in one week after going outside before starting to produce buds. Definitely more color in approaching fall temperatures.
Got plenty of seeds from the large plant pollinated by the green male, clone on the far left was pollinated with the red male.
This plant seems to really love the sunshine and look forward to having them in the garden next season.

revegeta666

Ended up taking her down in 2nd week of September because of impending tropical storm headed my way. Probably would have let it go a bit longer not having any experience with this cultivar, not sure how it would finish. This is my first experience with a pure indica. Very slight coloration on the bracts but not disappointed with that. Plant got much larger than I was expecting, harvest was ample-not disappointed with that either! Cultivar is no slouch in the potency department, early samples seem sativa like without dirtiness.
Ended up putting her clones on the deck on September first View attachment 18896903 View attachment 18896906 View attachment 18896905 I’ve been amazed with these after putting them under the sun. Plants fully doubled size in one week after going outside before starting to produce buds. Definitely more color in approaching fall temperatures.
Got plenty of seeds from the large plant pollinated by the green male, clone on the far left was pollinated with the red male.
This plant seems to really love the sunshine and look forward to having them in the garden next season.
Great job with the clones, they look excellent. Will they be able to finish before the cold weather comes?

Knothead

I expected their “mother “ to stay small enough to get through the porch door if needed-definitely got that wrong! These are small enough that I can move them in the porch to protect from freezing or tropical storms. Based on flowering photoperiod beginning September 1st I’m expecting them to be finished by mid November. They seem to be developing very fast to me, don’t know if they will move faster with steadily reducing natural daylight and temperatures

Pck microscope views wish I can post the videos on here!😥

Attachments

• 20231008_232651.jpg
    20231008_232651.jpg
    589.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 20231008_232718 (1).jpg
    20231008_232718 (1).jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 20231008_233015.jpg
    20231008_233015.jpg
    373.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 20231008_232930.jpg