What's new

Maria's Subtropical Outdoor Guerilla Grows with Connoisseur Genetics (Perpetual Journal)

Hasch

learning and laughing
Screenshot_20231014-125944~4.jpg

Throughout China, Japan, and Korea, Magu (or Ma Gu MaKu, Mako)
A Korean shamic ruler, deity also in China and Japan.

Wiki:
Magu's name compounds two common Chinese words: ma "cannabis; hemp" and gu "aunt; maid".
Translating Magu into English is problematic, depending upon whether her name is interpreted as a "maid", "priestess", or "goddess" of "hemp", "marijuana", or something else.

bimblebrains_1

Wow cool project @Maria Sanchez ,i'll be lurking about keeping a close eye on thier progress,hows the pest pressure out there? Great selection of genetics i must say,ran the lemon n lime jones years ago,beastly plants,anything that casey touched was magic,the rainbow and chemmy jones were especially good ones too..cant wait to see all these crazy narrow leaf plants go full term,awesome!

Maria Sanchez

View attachment 18903948
Throughout China, Japan, and Korea, Magu (or Ma Gu MaKu, Mako)
A Korean shamic ruler, deity also in China and Japan.

Wiki:
Magu's name compounds two common Chinese words: ma "cannabis; hemp" and gu "aunt; maid".
Translating Magu into English is problematic, depending upon whether her name is interpreted as a "maid", "priestess", or "goddess" of "hemp", "marijuana", or something else.
麻姑 Magu would literally be "Cannabis/Hemp Aunty".
But since 姑 can also be used for some goddesses and other spiritual figures, we could say "Cannabis/Hemp Goddess" too.
Just hope her deer isn't hungry, if you know what I mean...

I call upon the Holy Magu to protect my grow!
Vijaya!

Navaratri starts today, a Hindu celebration for nine goddesses, asking for their blessings and protection.
So I also call upon the goddess Shailaputri to protect my grow!
Shailaputri is an incarnation of Mother Durga, Daughter of the Himavam (Himalayas), and also as Parvati, wife of the great ascetic Shiva.
Seems perfect to bless this grow!

Maria Sanchez

Wow cool project @Maria Sanchez ,i'll be lurking about keeping a close eye on thier progress,hows the pest pressure out there? Great selection of genetics i must say,ran the lemon n lime jones years ago,beastly plants,anything that casey touched was magic,the rainbow and chemmy jones were especially good ones too..cant wait to see all these crazy narrow leaf plants go full term,awesome!
Thanks! I think I may have seen some pictures of your Lemon n Lime Jones around.
I was originally looking for the Lemon n Lime crossed into the NH x MM x Karibe 'frankincense' line, because the higher sativa content would be more open flowers, for this winter grow in high humidity conditions.
How dense are the Lemon n Lime Jones' ladies when they finish out?
Did you 18/6 and then flip to 12/12 (or 11/13)? Mine will be all less than 12/12 light, so want to figure out how long until they show sex, then how long they'll take to finish up. Any thoughts?

Maria Sanchez

Looking forward to seeing progress here. You have an ambitious project. Great read while hitting my mm X hz 21 Malawi style Cobb this morning...
Woo! Do you have a journal for that MM x Hz 21? (I take it it's the Nev Hz 21?)

Only just read about Malawi style cobbs recently, but think that I used to use a method very similar back in the 90s. Wrapping/binding my buds very tight and sealing them up. They developed a very dark color, and you had to really break off chunks and cut them up fine before you could smoke in a J or a bong, and a little would go a long way. After 3-6 months, the flavors were divine! Have any pics to share here?

Maria Sanchez

That's the spirit! ✊

:coffee::kos:

That is the spirit, indeed!
Can't see you video for some reason.

Sun's out today.
I want to go visit them, see how they did overnight.
But think I will be better off leaving it for a while.
They have water, they have nice temps and weather.
Maybe check on Tuesday or Wednesday, and see how the moisture/water levels are, though.

TheDarkStorm

Some these might get big really fast, not sure how they will do in those pots together...or do you plan to transplant a bit later.... this is nevils grow of his nh#21 mother over a season in Australia outdoors....
17658000-58e95a4770c404b925f918fac1fb73c8.jpg

And a later planted f1 nh21 x mm outdoors in Australia...
16393277-c6ea47876a7d2059f5ae78df2ea7650a.jpg
..thought it would give you some ideas....one of the guys on this forum grew ojd's nh18/mm x nh21/mm indoors in smaller pots and they were stunning but huge long colas.....yours should be a good impresive grow....peace

Maria Sanchez

Some these might get big really fast, not sure how they will do in those pots together...or do you plan to transplant a bit later.... this is nevils grow of his nh#21 mother over a season in Australia outdoors.... View attachment 18904416

And a later planted f1 nh21 x mm outdoors in Australia... View attachment 18904417 ..thought it would give you some ideas....one of the guys on this forum grew ojd's nh18/mm x nh21/mm indoors in smaller pots and they were stunning but huge long colas.....yours should be a good impresive grow....peace
Hi @TheDarkStorm !

Yeah, have been checking out lots of other NH and MM grows here and elsewhere. They can and do get absolutely huge! Those NH x MM F2s from the Grail Project will certainly be the longest flowering. The rest, more manageable.

The name of this game is keeping them in these pots. Yes, quite small. But the light is already at 11.5/12.5, and in another month it will be down to 11/13 already. So the aim is to force them into flowering very quickly, and the smaller root space should help force them to flower as well. And the temps will be lower by January, but they certainly won't die here -- never any frosts, and below 10C is very rare. Hopefully the temps will help them finish off, too.

Then the game will be to keep them healthy and watered in those pots. They have a little bit of NP and K at present in the pots, and quite a lot of worm castings, which are always good. Have some 2-5-5 (?) waiting for them when they flower, aiming to keep the N fairly low.

As each pot has at least two plants, chances are one of them will just overgrow the other one, so good chance I'll be thinning out the smaller/weaker plant(s) from each pot.

Wish me luck!

Maria Sanchez

So, late last night I suddenly had a worried thought --

If I'm using water from that bucket collecting rain water and a balcony turned pond that has a fair amount of algae and stuff growing in it, what's the pH of that water???

Quickly Googled around, and info said algae water can have a pH of 10 and sitting water down to 5 or 5.5. Even though most of that water is from some serious rains about two weeks ago. The rain water here is sometimes quite acidic, so they say...

Holy crap! This is a worry. What I've already doomed my babies with their first watering in their new homes?!

Luckily I have a couple of types of those old fashioned pH test strips at home. Don't use a fancy meter, the strips work just fine, and for a fraction of the price.

So dropped a packet of the test strips in my pocket, and off for a walk we go...

The water in the bucket turns out to be about a perfect pH 7, maybe a fraction less.
The balcony pool water looks like somewhere about pH 6.5 from the color.

Perfect pH, to be honest.
That was a relief.

Watered the smaller pots again since I was there.
They all look fine. Some tiny little second true leaves already poking through.
The long skinny Thai Madness girls are okay, laying about 45 degrees, but heads up. They'll be fine in a few days.

Need to put another water vessel or two on site, to make it easier to carry from the big bucket or pond to the plants upstairs. Working on it!

blondie

Top Cobb below is mm hz 21, yes Neville’s 21 and my first Cobb attempt. The method you describe sounds the same as what I’ve done and what others do. If you haven’t seen it, there is a long thread on Malawi Cobb style here on icmag. Your outdoor grow is going to be amazing. Definitely keep updating everyone on progress.

On another note, I took some mm hz 21 pollen and pollinated two Ace ka5h plants. Calling it Thai Mal Haze, TMH. 3 in veg now.

Attachments

• 99F169EE-F8CD-4D98-AD04-6AF0BBAF36C9.jpeg
    99F169EE-F8CD-4D98-AD04-6AF0BBAF36C9.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 59

Maria Sanchez

Top Cobb below is mm hz 21, yes Neville’s 21 and my first Cobb attempt. The method you describe sounds the same as what I’ve done and what others do. If you haven’t seen it, there is a long thread on Malawi Cobb style here on icmag. Your outdoor grow is going to be amazing. Definitely keep updating everyone on progress.

On another note, I took some mm hz 21 pollen and pollinated two Ace ka5h plants. Calling it Thai Mal Haze, TMH. 3 in veg now.
They all look very tasty!
The vacuum bag technology wasn't that common when I did it. Wrapped them very tight with layers of foil, and then multiple wraps into a sealed container.
Pull one of those out at a party and see how people react, haha!!

What's the "PR"? Punto Rojo?

I have been lurking in the giant Cobb thread...

Do you know the difference between the NH 21 and NH 18?
The first Holy Grail project regs in my grow are (NH18 x MM) x (NH21 x MM), so while it's a kind of NH x MM F2, it's a bit different because (I'm assuming) the NH18 and NH21 are sisters. (Are they?)

Yours is, what .... ?
(Killer Malawi x A5Hz) x (NH21 x MM) <-- is that right?
Where does the Thai come into it? Is it ThaiA5Hz and not just A5Hz?
These things get complicate pretty fast!
It's going to be some sativa goodness, that's for sure. Just the NH providing a little indica, I guess.

Any journal on them? Indoors or out?

Last edited:

Maria Sanchez

Hey ya Maria,

afaiu the soil in the pots takes care of moderate ph fluctuation.
So I would consider pH of 10 to be dangerous but pH between 7 and 5 will probably be ok for the ladies...

After I checked with the pH test strips, both the bucket and pool / pond are about pH 6.5-7, which is perfect!

My medium is almost equal amounts of coco coir (pH 6), potting mix (pH 5.5), worm castings (pH ?), with some fine dolomite lime to balance the potting mix which is a bit lower than my ideal. I thinking it should be about pH 6-6.5 on average. I'm growing some nice veges on the balcony with exactly the same mix, and they are doing just great.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
After I checked with the pH test strips, both the bucket and pool / pond are about pH 6.5-7, which is perfect!

My medium is almost equal amounts of coco coir (pH 6), potting mix (pH 5.5), worm castings (pH ?), with some fine dolomite lime to balance the potting mix which is a bit lower than my ideal. I thinking it should be about pH 6-6.5 on average. I'm growing some nice veges on the balcony with exactly the same mix, and they are doing just great.
Hi Maria,,
That sounds a very nice medium,,
Lots of good stuff in your mix 😀,,,
Onwards and Upwards Maria ✌️,,
Peace n Regards

bimblebrains_1

Thanks! I think I may have seen some pictures of your Lemon n Lime Jones around.
I was originally looking for the Lemon n Lime crossed into the NH x MM x Karibe 'frankincense' line, because the higher sativa content would be more open flowers, for this winter grow in high humidity conditions.
How dense are the Lemon n Lime Jones' ladies when they finish out?
Did you 18/6 and then flip to 12/12 (or 11/13)? Mine will be all less than 12/12 light, so want to figure out how long until they show sex, then how long they'll take to finish up. Any thoughts?
I remember the lemon n lime being very sour leaning as I think the Casey was a sour hybrid as well,tall plants,wide leaves mainly,super loud but not the densest of nug structures so could be good for damper conditions,they went a fair while like 11/12 weeks as I think,but this was just one pack,bet there are some super killer Narrow leaf individuals to be found in the line,no doubt....and yes they would have been run on the usual 18/6-12/12 as was indoor