What's new

m-39 is it still around?

setthecontrols

M-39 is the strain of choice in Montreal, That is what alot of the commericial growers grow up there. WELL they cross it with other strains as well to keep the genetics intact. The reason they grow it is because it is done on average in 39 days depending on strain crosses. Since they are commercial they are greedy and every day counts.

39 days compared to 45 days is an extra crop more per year and compared to 60 it is like an extra three crops per yeAR! Plus the weed isnt all that bad!

Money talks

BudZad7

Original M-39 from SSSC

Original M-39 from SSSC

:wave: Skunk#1 X Basic 5 (NL#5) is the original cross

Believe it or not I still have these original seeds from 1987 that was ordered
from SSSC....... :yummy: Have tried to germinate a few with no luck... but
still have plenty left, I'm wondering if there's a way to germinate old seeds?
Anyone have some idea's???

King

setthecontrols said:
M-39 is the strain of choice in Montreal, That is what alot of the commericial growers grow up there. WELL they cross it with other strains as well to keep the genetics intact. The reason they grow it is because it is done on average in 39 days depending on strain crosses. Since they are commercial they are greedy and every day counts.

39 days compared to 45 days is an extra crop more per year and compared to 60 it is like an extra three crops per yeAR! Plus the weed isnt all that bad!

Money talks

M-39 is the catalog number from SSSC. M-39 is not called M-39 because it finishes in 39 days. If you want to post bad info, do it at another site please.

V

vonforne

vonforne said:
Someone put some M-39 on Seedbay. Is it the same?

I just checked it out and it was D-39 by rez but the picture has M-39 on it. It must be Rez's version of the old strain.

TORC

No, D-39 is Sour Diesel x M-39. Rez has a cut of the original from SSSC. Thank you for adding that King, you beat me to it.

Last edited:

Wayzer

I know m-39 to be a very dense crystally champ of bud, until it became commecialized and ud get bags of sopping wet bud... greedy pigs

this is some properly dried and cured bud....rock hard

gertrude420

i got some seeds from an overgrow buddy 2 years ago, i finally started 5 of them... see how they will germ il post a link for ya all...

SmokeyPufmaster

Veteran
kusherberry said:
hi smoky those buds r superb do thay have a citrus smell? i used to have m39 plants 4yrs ago thay taysted like lemon popcikle and the high was grait day time i would say any way its good to see those buds steel arund i like to find some seeds

Hi Kusherberry, No citrus smell. It has a deep earthy indica stank. And it's pretty bad too. That pic is Rez's clone mom.

Scorp1on

Sup guys! I just wanna share some pics of what I've been smoking for over 5years, I live 1hrs from montréal in Québec and I've always got this strain from most dealers around heere! I think most grower grow it in NFT table cos they are all small-mid sized buds. Only clone unless you got a friend who stored some...

The one im smoking right now got a very BIG couchlock effect, alot of THC in there...I wont say I dont like the strain cos thats the best I can find around here, 170$ for 1once,its a good commercial strain but I've been smoking it for so long that I need some change! Thats why I started my grow, also im saving money :wave:

hidingtree

yo k1lla , your pic is cool of the buds ..... it looks like these 2 giant (bigger than a cd case) budds are lined up next to the cd case ... and i'm like dang dude i gotta get some a that ! then i figured out its not actually like that .....hmmmmm ... many blessings, hidingtree

M-39, staying power

M-39, staying power

High all, skunk 1 x basic 5 from SSSC and now in some motreal seed banks. Always available in the area, always the cheapest stuff around. Easy to grow, rock hard nugs, not much smell, easy to trim and good yielder. But...the high is rather dull and sleepy. Actually it as been, constantly for the past few years(5-6), the cheapest strain around, almost $1000 cheaper...1500 compared to 2500 for let say newberry or jack herer.
Does that mean there is an overabundance of that particular strain ? Probably that and the fact that people are starting to feel tired of the same old strain.
To the point that some people don`t want to hear about it as if it were some disease, but I think there is some `snobishness `there...
I have never seen a strain become so villified ! But hey ! That is just one point of view, from one person on this whole planet of other one persons !

Peace. RR.

dutchmasters420

Thak1lla said:
Sup guys! I just wanna share some pics of what I've been smoking for over 5years, I live 1hrs from montréal in Québec and I've always got this strain from most dealers around heere! I think most grower grow it in NFT table cos they are all small-mid sized buds. Only clone unless you got a friend who stored some...

The one im smoking right now got a very BIG couchlock effect, alot of THC in there...I wont say I dont like the strain cos thats the best I can find around here, 170$ for 1once,its a good commercial strain but I've been smoking it for so long that I need some change! Thats why I started my grow, also im saving money :wave:

in ny we get that stuff except its called "dro" and it goes for 220-250 an ounce when name strains like jack herer go for 450 an ounce.

Last edited:

vavwl

ah, m39.. almost everyone in my city has smoked this strain. The Vietnamese gangs that run the growing business in my area love this strain. Its usually not grown very well, but its very popular up here in Canada by commercial growers. Its not bad when you find some that isn't wet, or contaminated with something. lucky for me websites like this exist so I don't have to smoke gangster grown weed anymore.. yuck

Latest posts

Latest posts