What's new

Looking for that PINE!

EastCoastGambit

Just starting to frost up. Kind seems like the buds are a little small for this point in flowering but maybe I'm wrong. I can see these going 10 weeks possibly.

EastCoastGambit

@EastCoastGambit , what is your ultimate plan? Trying to find the strain that beat has that pine, are you gonna try to cross something or in-line breed it. Or just hold a cut?
I'm just having fun with it. Trying to find the piniest candidates from strains known to have those terps, cross and select for even more pine or unique pine until I can stabilize it I guess. Its kind of my foray into breeding but as a very small scale grower I am not really equipped to do this properly like growing dozens of plants to select from. I guess I would call it dabbling. Will probably go on for decades should life allow.

I'm just having fun with it. Trying to find the piniest candidates from strains known to have those terps, cross and select for even more pine or unique pine until I can stabilize it I guess. Its kind of my foray into breeding but as a very small scale grower I am not really equipped to do this properly like growing dozens of plants to select from. I guess I would call it dabbling. Will probably go on for decades should life allow.
I beg to differ, you may not have the space, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be done in multi smaller groups to achieve a population. Also, selecting requires discernment as KNOWING what to look for in male traits. Smoking stamens is BETTER than guessing. I always point out if no stand out male shows, start over until ONE does show it has the potential to be collected and if a female is ready for dusting. I may never have a large commercial facility but once I have enough stash I have plenty of smaller spaces to do breeding work in. There are such a thing as micro breeders, I knew a guy breeding in cabinets to make something he called Lemon Cake.

From one of my test growers - CripXmas A at about 43 days. Reports forestry/musty odors. My version of Xmas Bud will be incredibly LOUD. This is pretty much done not going past 49 days. I’m now flowering the BX’s

@EastCoastGambit I haven’t gone through all the bud yet, but I’m about there. I may part w 3-4 A Maui if I don’t get many more from what’s left. Important to have back up, but I just finished 808 Corn x Maui which will be called Island Crippy, so I’ll add some of those in lieu. Between those 2 cultivars I believe you’ll have the terps for your objectives, if not for your pininest wet dreams 🌲

BCC3FF79-22ED-459A-84E8-04E7E8AA0281.jpeg

EastCoastGambit

Terp report: day 40

Soulmate: Pinesoul x Wookie

Definately has some pine, kind of has a Pine-Sol smell with some sweetness mixed in. A little reminiscent of Romulan in a way. The Wookie has that lavender note. Guess I'm trying to get away from the sweetness aspect a little.

Cocoon: Loompa's headband x wookie

A bit like soulmate but also has a note of funk/must/rot in there. Kind of interesting really. Also bigger buds. Only one plant so not much of a sample size.

My recollection of the old school pine bud, it was bright lime green and fresh. exhale almost had a menthol feel to it. I think a little more Sativa is needed though the soulmate does have a hybrid look to it with some narrow leaves.

Pineboy212

When I was young the pine was def the thing. In my area that bud was mostly skunks idk which one but I also been on a hunt since the beginning. The weed smells and tastes piney and delicious and the smell it leaves n the air when u burn is straight pine identical to when someone is smoking haze. So when I have the space I’ll start again as I got a shit load of new stuff and deviated from my hunt. I grew a bubble gum and it had a liquid pine cleaner smell all threw the undertones, there’s a lot of pine terps from that error pine sol ,lemon pledge,powdered pine cleaner,pine cone, pine forest etc.. but I will find her. Good to know it isn’t romulan or northern lights because those were relevant to those times as well peace and I hope you find her @EastCoastGambit

Pineboy212

Actually it is NL#2 as I suspected from the beginning. Time era fits Seedbank Of Holland.
Not saying that’s untrue, but I know for a fact n my area not much northern lights were going around at that time that was heavy on the pine. Mostly skunks and skunk hybrids, and chocolate the regular one tho’ and even chocolate piney smoke we had it all as far as pine goes obviously . Blueberry and haze weren’t even relevant at that time this is when the Jamaicans were running a lot of the trade, and the Latinos were just stepping in with the dro. It was light green and wasn’t hairy it was a effervescent piney smell and taste maybe a little minty I think, was so long ago. What I remember from the northern lights back then was that it was nothing piney about it, but maybe that was a different pheno. But I will look into the northern lights no 2 ✌️

Last edited:

EastCoastGambit

Here's soulmate at the end of her journey. I'll be cutting her Monday. Out for a sunbath. A lovely plant 3' tall and nice conical buds throughout. Covered in frost. Fading fans. Smells of sweet pine and lemon. Looking forward to the cured bud and full melt dry sift to come!!!

Attachments

• 20230527_113832_HDR.jpg
    20230527_113832_HDR.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 52
  • 20230527_113800_HDR.jpg
    20230527_113800_HDR.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 66
  • 20230527_113750.jpg
    20230527_113750.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 50
  • 20230527_113737_HDR.jpg
    20230527_113737_HDR.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 49
I have to admit there’s quite the work being done to achieve that pine dream, but the NEW Xmas Bud which I will be going all the way to cubing it, will be LOUD. Just smelling this made me break out in sweat. This one has the sweetest pine and glands so well developed under 4 weeks.

@EastCoastGambit Send me your info. I’ve completely my germination test. I also found a few mystery seed out of my B4 and A2 CripXmas so I’m going to let you have those, in addition to Island Crippy, and 4 Maui A x Xmas. There will be SOMETHING to work with in that pool.

Xmas Bud BX3 F4 24 days in

IMG_2094.jpeg
IMG_2095.jpeg

EastCoastGambit

I have to admit there’s quite the work being done to achieve that pine dream, but the NEW Xmas Bud which I will be going all the way to cubing it, will be LOUD. Just smelling this made me break out in sweat. This one has the sweetest pine and glands so well developed under 4 weeks.

@EastCoastGambit Send me your info. I’ve completely my germination test. I also found a few mystery seed out of my B4 and A2 CripXmas so I’m going to let you have those, in addition to Island Crippy, and 4 Maui A x Xmas. There will be SOMETHING to work with in that pool.

Xmas Bud BX3 F4 24 days in

View attachment 18848891 View attachment 18848892
I'm game. DM sent

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just harvest this Aurora Indica 2008 - 2010 era by Nirvana seeds smells exactly like sweet pine. i got it re-vegging outside because i didnt expect it to be a pine pheno & just dropped it outside to finish, i hope to be able to make s1's outside as its starting to re-veg currently, i cant bring it back in because it now has bugs but if this fails i have i think 6 more seeds to run through. I may sprout them & just make F2's with this female over the summer then run the F2's inside next year.
Aurora IndicaIMG_2726.JPG