What's new

Feeding During Stretch

Tomatoesonly

Most effective means of drastically reducing stretch aka internode lengths is thru an application or two of a PGR called Paclobutrazol that inhibits gibberellin biosynthesis in plants.

I may apply it not only on cannabis but on tall lanky avocado trees.

View attachment 18946867

Uncle Ben

DUDE!!!!!!!!! WTF??
"Paclobutrazol impacts a plant cell’s ability to elongate, which in cannabis means cells pack much tighter and denser on the flower. It also hinders the development of key terpenes on the plant, and reduces the ability of the plant to produce THC.

When buds which contains paclobutrazol are smoked, it breaks down into nitrosamines — the most carcinogenic compound found in cigarettes. Studies say paclobutrazol can negatively impact fertility, as well as cause liver damage."

Last edited:

Old Uncle Ben

DUDE!!!!!!!!! WTF??
Paclobutrazol impacts a plant cell’s ability to elongate, which in cannabis means cells pack much tighter and denser on the flower. It also hinders the development of key terpenes on the plant, and reduces the ability of the plant to produce THC.

When buds which contains paclobutrazol are smoked, it breaks down into nitrosamines — the most carcinogenic compound found in cigarettes. Studies say paclobutrazol can negatively impact fertility, as well as cause liver damage.

Where are you getting this crap @Tomatoesonly? Where's your backup, link? Certainly can't be from personal experience or a scientific resource. Forum post?

The rate is 2-4 parts per MILLION, DUDE!!!! - negligible. :) Indians have used it in their mango orchards forever, same with the Aussies on their avocado orchards.

It has been shown via lab trials to be a medical aid to cigarette smokers for ailments such as COPD. It's medicine. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1878535223003659

Increases tobacco quality in seedlings and such. https://patents.google.com/patent/CN1165618A/en

Do you know what PPM means? At the ultra low rate Paclo is applied it's negligible.

Uncle Ben

weedemart

Where are you getting this crap @Tomatoesonly? Where's your backup, link? Certainly can't be from personal experience or a scientific resource. Forum post?

The rate is 2-4 parts per MILLION, DUDE!!!! - negligible. :) Indians have used it in their mango orchards forever, same with the Aussies on their avocado orchards.

It has been shown via lab trials to be a medical aid to cigarette smokers for ailments such as COPD. It's medicine. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1878535223003659

Increases tobacco quality in seedlings and such. https://patents.google.com/patent/CN1165618A/en

Do you know what PPM means? At the ultra low rate Paclo is applied it's negligible.

Uncle Ben
Still not approved by fda or whatever association from commercial crops in most countries. I wouldnt smoke this weed,in all respect.

Old Uncle Ben

Here is a simple and effective method..

During stretch foliar spray Amino N and calcium.

Why? What's the direct correlation, cause and effect? What is "amino N" and what snake oil firm is pushing this one?

Got photos of your garden after your no N drill?

Sounds like the same old forum bro science crap to me without any botanical merit to back it up.

Uncle Ben

Old Uncle Ben

Still not approved by fda or whatever association from commercial crops in most countries. I wouldnt smoke this weed,in all respect.

Lots of products (pesticides, herbicides, etc.) aren't approved by the FDA, means nothing. Perhaps the manufacturer doesn't want to crawl thru the bullshit and very high expense of submitting it and bowing down to this group of elites.

FDA or similar agencies don't approve supplements either whether sold at "health" food stores or cannabis vendors selling snake oils and such. What's in that over-priced Canna or Advanced Nutrients stuff, or.....?

Really don't care what you smoke.

Now, go make me a sammwich and bring back some good ol scientific stuff. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

weedemart

Lots of products (pesticides, herbicides, etc.) aren't approved by the FDA, means nothing. Perhaps the manufacturer doesn't want to got thru the bullshit and very high expense of submitting it and bowing down to this group of elites.

FDA or similar agencies don't approve supplements either whether that be from "health" food stores or cannabis vendors selling their brands of snake oils.

Really don't care what you smoke.

Now, go make me a sammwich and bring back some good ol scientific stuff.
Well it mean a lot to authority and for the consumers!

growingcrazy

Veteran
Why? What's the direct correlation, cause and effect? What is "amino N" and what snake oil firm is pushing this one?

Got photos of your garden after your no N drill?

Sounds like the same old forum bro science crap to me without any botanical merit to back it up.

Uncle Ben
Amino Nitrogen. Commonly available for the last 20 years. DTE makes one or something like explorer if AG scale.

No snake oil, just common sense.

If your ground already has proper nutrition to finish the cycle, spraying amino N doesn't add any more N.It allows the plants to have available N and Ca during the heavy growth of stretch. Cannabis, fruit, corn..all benefit from it if timed correctly.

Any other questions?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I feed the first week 50/50 veg bloom mix (pure blend pro grow and bloom)

The 2nd and 3rd week bloom nutrients only.

The 4th week I go back to the 50/50 veg/bloom mix to get some of the N back in the plant that it burned up stretching. From there very little N, just what is in the bloom mix and cal/mag.

I found feeding very lightly more frequently helps to keep the NLD plants green for the duration, rather than bigger doses less often. Example 500-600 ppm every other watering.

Scrog the plant so that it can sprawl.

I would avoid osmocote and paco, it is not 1985 anymore.

Old Uncle Ben

Amino Nitrogen. Commonly available for the last 20 years. DTE makes one or something like explorer if AG scale.

No snake oil, just common sense.

If your ground already has proper nutrition to finish the cycle, spraying amino N doesn't add any more N.It allows the plants to have available N and Ca during the heavy growth of stretch. Cannabis, fruit, corn..all benefit from it if timed correctly.

Any other questions?
I don't do "ground" indoors. I have done a lot of ground on my farm with the planting and harvesting of 10's of thousands of trees, vineyard, etc.

I do my own soil blend and provide food to my faves with one of many fertilizers I have on hand, either Dyna-Gro, Peters or what I'm using now for convenience and high performance - Osmocote.

Yeah, common sense, like a cola from the ol Uncle Ben 4 Main Cola drills. This was one cola from 4 main colas off one plant grown outdoors. Sativa dominant.

1of4MainColasSend.jpg

Uncle Ben

growingcrazy

Veteran
I don't do "ground" indoors. I have done a lot of ground on my farm with the planting and harvesting of 10's of thousands of trees, vineyard, etc.

I do my own soil blend and provide food to my faves with one of many fertilizers I have on hand, either Dyna-Gro, Peters or what I'm using now for convenience and high performance - Osmocote.

Yeah, common sense, like a cola from the ol Uncle Ben 4 Main Cola drills. This was one cola from 4 main colas off one plant grown outdoors. Sativa dominant.

View attachment 18947500

Uncle Ben
I said ground because I know your well versed on it.

Im also partial to perennials on my farm but grow a lot of annuals too. Most fertilizers are only as good as the user.

Nice big colas, what latitude do you grow at?

Last edited:

Old Uncle Ben

I would avoid osmocote and paco, it is not 1985 anymore.

That is rich......

FYI, it aint "paco", Paco. It's Paclo. Damn good stuff. Mixed up my favorite cocktail and hit my 3 afghans and 2 very large avocado trees with a 4 PPM solution this afternoon in fact.

Yahoo!

AvocadoManSeed.jpg

I said ground because I know your well versed on it.

Im also partial to perenials on my farm but grow a lot of annuals too. Most fertilizers are only as good as the user.

Nice big colas, what latitude do you grow at?

Am at 30.

I don't do molasses, fulvic acids, the humates snake oils like Medina Ag here in Texas....... but I do innoculate most everything with mychorrizae. This and the MycoApply brand is what I use.

I have planted 14 acres into legumes and elbon rye to improve my land, 2 years in a row. Cost big bucks.

VAM.jpg

Last edited:

growingcrazy

Veteran
That is rich......

FYI, it aint "paco", Paco. It's Paclo. Damn good stuff. Mixed up my favorite cocktail and hit my 3 afghans and 2 very large avocado trees with a 4 PPM solution this afternoon in fact.

Yahoo!

View attachment 18947506

Am at 30.

I don't do molasses, fulvic acids, the humates snake oils like Medina Ag here
but I do innoculate most everything with mychorrizae. This and the MycoApply brand is what I use.

I have planted 14 acres into legumes and elbon rye to improve my land, 2 years in a row. Cost big bucks.

View attachment 18947504
I like molasses with some Lactic acid on fresh cut fields or compost piles to get them going but thats about it for additions beyond NPK.

I do peas and oats primarily as cover. Started out with 5 lbs and grew it year over year up to my needs. 250 laying hens cover my NPK.

Dont you love farming?

HarleyJammer

Veteran
Here is a simple and effective method..

During stretch foliar spray Amino N and calcium.

Example:
12% Amino N @ .5 grams/liter = 60 ppm N
21% Ca Gypsum @ .5 grams/liter = 105 ppm Ca (up to ~.75gr/ltr max, if you want extra Ca)

You can chelate the Ca first with an equal weight of an acid of choice(citric acid or apple cider vinegar if growing organic) before adding to the dissolved Amino.

Mix well and spray 2x per week in stretch. No need to do anything additional to the soil but water it. This leaves no added N in the root zone for the rest of flower.

Its a good thing I have a degree in lab sciences.. I almost understand :)

Wanna know my gameplan? I'm going to do nothing but pray the FFOF doesn't burn them up!

HarleyJammer

Veteran

View attachment 18947500

Uncle Ben

You dont do ground indoors.. You dont grow in tents. You dont grow sativas. This thread is about growing sativas in a tent. Please take your narcissistic &ss some where else.

bloyd

Veteran
Definitely don't f with pgr's to control height in cannabis. Here is some science on controlling height in stretch using flushing but that's going to be hard to do in soil.

Sun&Soil

20240114_111044.jpg

I'm trying to get the skinny sativa on the left through a 14-18 week flower period in this small pot. It's planted in my native soil/compost and fed only with worm castings.

The small pot is not slowing down the stretch. It doesn't help that it's off to the side of my light.

CocoNut 420

It's questionable as is most of what you read around here. https://gpnmag.com/article/what-really-causes-stretch/

Let's address hormones - auxins are one of the hormones that drive tissue production. It is what it is. You can play games with PGRs, which I have. When you top either the roots via root pruning mechanisms see https://www.mjguide.com/tutorials/GrowthCont/1321.htm or top growth you re-distribute the auxins to new tissue, see my "Uncle Ben's Topping to Get 2 to 4 main Colas" ditty.

I don't do tents, never have. They are too restrictive. Plants can only be confined so much and pure sativas want to run and stretch. Take this old garden of mine where in spite of topping a Dalat Vietnamese sativa several times it grew right past the HID's. I just let it. The leaves that receive good light are a source of nutrition such that the carbos produced are distributed throughout the plant.

The Defoliate Generation X just can't understand this concept and think that by providing light, (removing the very plant unit that drives production) to the lower levels of the plant will sometimes boost those buds at the mid to lower level.

It does not. Pick an apple (or orange or avocado or mango....) totally shaded by the tree's canopy but I digress.

View attachment 18946857

Most effective means of drastically reducing stretch aka internode lengths is thru an application or two of a PGR called Paclobutrazol that inhibits gibberellin biosynthesis in plants.

I may apply it not only on cannabis but on tall lanky avocado trees.

View attachment 18946867

Uncle Ben
Pgr's gets the name of the devil lol im not familiar with them.

Idk what pgr's the growers are using but it really is dire quality.
20231219_220732.jpg

My own bud.
20231220_001300.jpg

I wouldn't mind stopping leggy plants with some paclobutrazol but I'd rather suffer leggy plants than use something that might alter the end product.

Tbf I doubt you would be using paclobutrazol if had any negative effects but I need to ask does it affect resin production?

Cheers.

Latest posts

Latest posts