What's new

DIY Vertical Cooler System

G

researchOnly said:
keeping this project alive brother....

Hey there,

Sorry, for not getting back on track. I don't know when i'll get around to this, but i will some day down the road. I'm always here online for anyone wanting to ask any questions in this thread or out of this thread. Feel free to PM me if you don't feel like posting question in the thread if you don't want to.

I've had so much going on in my life. Working crazy hours, putting in long 6 day weeks. Preparing to be released from probation. Getting ready to move. Packing everything up. That was one main release i haven't gotten to finish this thread and final unit. Kind of packed it up. Also, dealing with some major issues with one of my brothers. Just a bunch of drama in the family now. Really don't have the time. I will build four brand new units this winter and have them up and running at full speed. I'll have them all filled to the top and will go over all details about the units and post a nice grow thread with them.

Again, sorry for not finishing the system. If anyone has any question. Feel free to ask away and i'll try to do my best at answering them. Thanks for all the support. Take care all and I will be back to this thread sometime this early winter for sure.
Thanks,
BG

^^
sorry to hear about all the problems bro and believe me i understand about the long hours at work but i sure everything will work out. your project looks very exciting for the mere fact that its complete hydro. i will be trying a vertical stadium in soil (boooooo, i hate watering). I hope to one day follow your build and grow some beutiful buds without the hassles of soil.. peace and stay safe

G

researchOnly said:
^^
sorry to hear about all the problems bro and believe me i understand about the long hours at work but i sure everything will work out. your project looks very exciting for the mere fact that its complete hydro. i will be trying a vertical stadium in soil (boooooo, i hate watering). I hope to one day follow your build and grow some beutiful buds without the hassles of soil.. peace and stay safe

No worries, It will be finished for sure. Everyone will love the pictures of me filling the unit and watching the hugh buds form. It will be a fun grow for sure. I'm going to see if i can fit a unit in a small closet to see what i can max out for weight wise. That should be fun for sure. Well, thanks for the support and I should be back to this Dec or so. That's when i'll be at my new and safe location.
Take care,
BG

G

T.doT.Toker said:
Dude if you ever need help trimming or testing nugs im here for you.

I'll keep that in mind funny guy. lolol Jokin. I do hate trimming. I don't know what it is. Not the trimming itself, maybe the amount of time it takes. Most of the time. I'll get a pizza and a few movies and watch, listen to them while trimming, but I still hate it. Well, thanks for the offer. I'll keep that in mind. :headbange
Later,
BG

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
i knew if i read from the start without scanning to the end first it would end like this.... cant wait to get you growin on this system of yours. good work and thanks for taking the time to share with all of us. i been researching vert for weeks now and wanted to go hydro but had concerns and i like this layout with some simple mods of course for my unique situation. hope the home life cools out and the work chills so ja can bless a garden for ya. i also am an expert trimmer. day labor !will work for nugs!

G

SirSmokalot said:
i knew if i read from the start without scanning to the end first it would end like this.... cant wait to get you growin on this system of yours. good work and thanks for taking the time to share with all of us. i been researching vert for weeks now and wanted to go hydro but had concerns and i like this layout with some simple mods of course for my unique situation. hope the home life cools out and the work chills so ja can bless a garden for ya. i also am an expert trimmer. day labor !will work for nugs!

Thanks for the kind words. I'm to busy to test run this unit and I'm in the middle of packing and planning for a big more. I'll make sure to update this thread as I setup the units and get them filled. I'll most likely link a link here. To a new thread. I'll have four of these units running in a square pattern with either 2-3 600HPS cool tubes. Total of 96 grow sites for the 4 units. I'm also making a change and removing the cooler and going with a wooden table. Should be safe with less chance of tubes becoming top heavy and also alot easier to change rez tanks out. A lot easier for sure. I'll post the changes here and link to the first grow with this setup. Thanks for the kind words all and support.
Take care,
BG

PS, before anyone ask. I should be up and running no later then the end of Jan, maybe sooner. Will have all four units up and running and totally filled.
Thanks

KingRalph

heya bG, can't wait till you're up n goin yourself, will be a momentous time.

meanwhile, i got my version up n going, figured i'd post the result here for interested folk to see... so without further ado... the brainchild of the craziest of ICers ;)

it's pretty cramped, i probably should've just done 4 columns per cooler, but c'est la vie!

this is the simple feedbar i did for the res, there is one for each cooler...

can't wait to fill this puppy! thanks for the brainstormin help along the way, bG, take care and good luck with the daily grind, not long now man :)

peace n green thumbs all

G

Morning King,

Thanks for the support. WOW, your unit turned out SuperFly. lol Great job on the unit and setup. You really did a awesome job on the setup. Love the idea you used on the feeding of the flow. I was wondering what size pump your using and the amount of flow you get on the uplift?

Very nice unit for sure. Can't wait to see it fill and up and running. I'll get back at you later. Got to get going on the grind. lolol Got me working on the weekend. Thanks for sharing your setup with us. Take care and I'll have plenty of questions for you later.
BG

Levitikuz

Ralph that is just ****ing fantastic...is that a total of 4 units that hold 35 plants each added up = 140 total?
Man i wanna see that thing rockin!

GOOD ****ING JOB

G

lol, it's long for sure. King should be loading his unit about now. I'f got mind ready to ship to new location, but will be switching over to a table type stand like the smaller unit. It will be for the larger size though. Everyone will be surprised once they see these units pulling some nice numbers and built fairly cheap. I've just ordered my lights for the unit, so I've got everything for it. Just got to figure out what to stock it with. Might go with NYCD and Green Giant, since both my parents yield super nicely. Would be really nice to pull some crazy numbers and freak everyone out.

Have fun reading the thread Indodro and ask away any questions.
Take care,
BG

secureuser

Thanks for the great thread B.G.,you really got me thinking.

I rarely post and just read and learn but I had to say thank you.

G

secureuser said:
Thanks for the great thread B.G.,you really got me thinking.

I rarely post and just read and learn but I had to say thank you.

Thanks,

It's a good design and can be alter to any degree. I'm going to be moving in a few months. Once i get all settled in. I'll have a "Super Nice" new system running. I've got some new changes and I think everyone will love the system. Very easy to use and should yield some awesome numbers also. Once thing, is less wattage also. I will start out with two 600HPS lights and should do very well with them. I'm also going to try different bulbs to increase yields also. It should be a good thread to learn and enjoy. Thanks for stopping by.
Take care,
BG

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
ooooh fuck yeah...im glad i clicked on this one...
Nice fucking going ralph.... congartulations on being the 1st to post hisup n running and full ' o greens...
Excellent job mate, looks like they really shot up in there huh

J

JamesChong

Hey King, Thanks for posting some pictures. Very nice to see you got your unit going. Can you give us a little bit of info. How the unit is working and what you had to inprove, etc. I see you have strings to support the tubes. Could you fill us in on this? Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'll have my unit up and running soon enough. The move has been pushed back and I'm about to leave town for work. You should see something from me about April for sure. Thanks again for sharing
Take care,
BG

Hey Harry,

Nice to see you. I was shocked when I saw those pictures also. Kings the first one to post pictures. With a unit up and running. I can't wait to hear how it does in the end. How much watts per site, etc.
Take care,
BG

All hail the muthafuckin King !!!! Ralph do you have an ongoing thread? You know the stock of pvc tubing is going up if you post good results with system !! Can't wait to see the results, I bought 2 cool tubes specifically for this project for my hydro hut 4x4. Hope you hit that 2# mark!