What's new

Can anyone solve this AF question for me please..

M

mossy

Any help appreciated... :D
I have a Mazar x LowRyder cross..the f1's carried a 25% chance of AF from the LR male.
I in-bred it.
At F1..both parents were AF.
At F2..both parents were AF.
so I am going into F3 with a plant that has a 75% chance of being AF..

Now the problem I have is with a Non-AF. F3.

Does she still carry the genetic accumulator/bias..towards AF..and if so..
what % ?

Now..you thought that was bad.. :chin:
at the end of her grow...didn't she hermie out and self pollenated.. :yoinks:
so creating a "carbon copy" of herself..how on earth does that affect my AF equation?
I have exhausted all other avenues..and I think you are my last hope of help..does anybody have any idea?

G

i believe so at what percent i have no idea may bee i will do some reading...peace

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
forget the percentage thing with grows under 50-100 beans per generation

go back to your f2 beans , start a big batch of them and use all AF males with all AF fems , thats the way of inheriting more diversity of the genes ...

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the only thing the hermi will show is a hermaphrodism trait... , dont breed hermies , unless you want to experiment with feminizing

M

mossy

:yes: I am hoping to experiment with feminising..
too good an opportunity to miss.
Apart from her hermy-ing herself..
I also HOPE that I have caught her matching sister plant..with the hermie pollen from her...so I have my fingers crossed..
but they have just come off..so I cannot test grow for a few weeks to be sure.

I am not sure if I explain this right but..the hermie was not a genetic hermie..it was on a "treated" patch..and was not "mirrored" in any other part of the plant..or grow.

Last edited:
M

mossy

fjällhöga..this is one of her heads. You can see some empty seed pods.
They are from the first time she pollenated herself..and have been harvested.
The new ones that she is making below..are from me repeating the process..and she has hermied again...so I am hoping my thoughts are correct..that she is conditional rather than genetic.

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
fjällhöga said:
forget the percentage thing with grows under 50-100 beans per generation

go back to your f2 beans , start a big batch of them and use all AF males with all AF fems , thats the way of inheriting more diversity of the genes ...

:yeahthats

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good info FJ.

problem how I see it... you diddnt have an actual F1 to compare percentages to in the first place..
Mazar aint a IBL bro.

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thx bub ... , i cant speak for mazar ... i dunno the genetic make up , nor the breeder

IMHO you should to try to fix one trait at a time .... , AFing as you mentioned ...

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mossy said:
The new ones that she is making below..are from me repeating the process..and she has hermied again...so I am hoping my thoughts are correct..that she is conditional rather than genetic.

to me this would indicate, a hermin that is NOT desired for breeding.

however my first Q to you would be: were all other plants grown in a similar condition, and did not herm?

If so, it is NOT conditional, it is genetic, and the passing of this trait to offspring is a given. as to what extent... the proof is in the progony.

Peace, bub.

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fjällhöga said:
thx bub ... , i cant speak for mazar ... i dunno the genetic make up , nor the breeder

IMHO you should to try to fix one trait at a time .... , AFing as you mentioned ...

agreed. 100%

mossy said:

Nice! I'd bet your f4 would be close to just as likely. The auto flower gene would be darn near 100%..........I hope to remember so I can see how the f4 turns out.

Does looks awsome, good job mossy...nice choice.

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Below is the description, from DP, of mazar. for clairification.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an upgraded selection of the former valued Afghan Skunk. A 1997 improvement was made on its yield. The taste is softer than before. The Afghani (Mazar-i-Shariff) part is a very short christmas tree like plant, 100% Indica and very resinous. The F1-cross with Skunk #1 gives the variety a bigger yield and better taste. Very good up high. As both parents are very consistent, the offspring is very consistent too.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

peace, bub.

M

mossy

I bought the Mazar x LR at F1 crosses.
I in-bred the line for my specifics..mainly height..so they are tailored for my grow area.
If I could feminise them..I cut out 50 % of the plants that I need to produce my smoke..there by cutting my risk of prosecution.
Some people do not like the AF properties of the ruderalis either..but it suits my grow conditions.
Plus..it is the first proper hermie that I have seen..and I find the process amazing..I sat watching her make them for days.. :D :D
I haven't seen a plant do that before.

Cheers everybody..it is all helpful.. :yes:

M

mossy

oh heck..you have all posted more info..and it is rocking..cheers
OG bub..I have worked with my girls from F1 to F4..and never had a hermie in any other one of them.

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mossy said:
oh heck..you have all posted more info..and it is rocking..cheers
OG bub..I have worked with my girls from F1 to F4..and never had a hermie in any other one of them.

Hmm.. well in that case, all I could do is to say: try the seeds, they will tell you more than I can, but dont over invest yer grow to them initially.

If youve made seed from other non herming females Id focus on those, personally.

I understand yer position of plant count. yhell Im currently under the legal process of it my self, keep it under 99, thats for shure..

also remember, if you invest all yer grow to seeds of a herm, say you got mostly female crop, then it all herms... that would be more of a loss, than having to discard males of proven progony.

do what you think wioll be best for you no doubt, but be careful of jumping in with both feet. in any project. for yer own good.

Peace, and good grows!
bub.

M

mossy

Cheers OG bub..you made me smile..with your 99..I WISH..

I am aiming for 4 small girls 2-3 times a year..and a big..season long girl..to keep me at 5 plants..all season..
It is supposed to be a reasonably safe amount for this area.
If you get caught here..there is a set price accumultor per Gramme of bud or plant you get caught with.. :yoinks:

That is two of me F3 girls..within a couple of inches of my max wall height.

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mossy I'm a little worried about these seeds hermiing on me...... I'll have them fairly isolated and away from other breeding efforts.....

IMO hermaphrodite produced seed is only good for 1 grow and is generally not good genetic material for preservation as the tendency for hermaphrodism will always be there....

Don't want to spoil our known gene pools......

Latest posts

Latest posts