What's new

Best OG to bring traits Back to The Future

GreaseGardens

I am currently working with some elite og cuts from cali, and I am trying to bring their great traits back by breeding them, (need to find an exceptional OG male). Had these cuts for about 10 years now, and they are starting to lose all the great characteristics about them..I.e. potency, aroma, structure, etc.. Im looking for an OG male that would bring back and add some of those great traits to these elite cuts. that have simply been watered down throughout the years..
The Karma Og's and RD og's seem like the best option at this point, but what do you recommend? looking for the infamous gassy, greasy and heavy traits.:)
The og cuts I have going are
- Diablo OG
- 100$ OG
- Silverback OG
- BubbaWalker
- Hells Angels OG

Thanks!

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Seems like kind of a pointless endeavor, there is so much OG already available in the form of cuts and seeds now it's pretty ridiculous to think you could make whats already available better.

If you notice a drop in OG quality perhaps look at your growing method, plenty of ppl still killing it with these strains, this might be an isolated issue.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Karma Genetics all the way.

Biker Kush = more typical classic OG
Karma OG = his twist on OG

Either one of those lines will give you something that is true keeper quality - likely better than the current cuts you are running.

If going with Karma - you might want to hang on to the HA OG though - his lines were built off a combination of HA and SFV...

So, a Biker/Karma OG to the HA - could produce a seed lot that *might* be more consistent (if that is your goal) than the other cuts you listed.

dank.Frank

Mystic Funk

I am currently working with some elite og cuts from cali, and I am trying to bring their great traits back by breeding them, (need to find an exceptional OG male). Had these cuts for about 10 years now, and they are starting to lose all the great characteristics about them..I.e. potency, aroma, structure, etc.. Im looking for an OG male that would bring back and add some of those great traits to these elite cuts. that have simply been watered down throughout the years..
The Karma Og's and RD og's seem like the best option at this point, but what do you recommend? looking for the infamous gassy, greasy and heavy traits.:)
The og cuts I have going are
- Diablo OG
- 100$ OG
- Silverback OG
- BubbaWalker
- Hells Angels OG

Thanks!

I'm assuming these are clones of clones?
grown indoors?

hidinginthehaze is right maybe it's the growing methods.
try growing the cuts outdoors for one season and bring them back in before they start to flower there's something about the sun, soil. air, etc.. that you can't replicate indoors. it will help bring vigor back.

if it's not safe outdoors at least grow the mothers organically with low phosphorus and beneficial bacteria. high phosphorus nutrients kill beneficals

Or you can go back to seed like you said. I like the Tahoe og and larry og cuts

hope this helps. good luck.....:tiphat:

GreaseGardens

Thanks for the inputs fellas.
I am currently trying different methods with the cuts and try different things.. But overall, I know they are great cuts as is, my overall goal is to see if I can select the traits I love from OG's and have these cuts express which ever trait..Resulting in a unique/better version of the cut.

GreaseGardens

I'm assuming these are clones of clones?
grown indoors?

hidinginthehaze is right maybe it's the growing methods.
try growing the cuts outdoors for one season and bring them back in before they start to flower there's something about the sun, soil. air, etc.. that you can't replicate indoors. it will help bring vigor back.

if it's not safe outdoors at least grow the mothers organically with low phosphorus and beneficial bacteria. high phosphorus nutrients kill beneficals

Or you can go back to seed like you said. I like the Tahoe og and larry og cuts

hope this helps. good luck.....:tiphat:

Thanks for the info Mystic :tiphat:
I will definitely try that, and put the moms outside until bloom. Im very curious to see how they react to it.
By the way I am not hating on these cuts, I really love these cuts.. I just want to find something insane/unique by crossing them to something new or even old.. Really appreciate all the input fellas :ying: