What's new

Beer on Tap....Hooray

pico

Veteran
I just installed a 2 tap draught tower in a chest freezer the other day. Used one of those 20lb CO2 tanks a lot of use have for growing. Corny kegs hold 5 gallons of homebrew each.

Man is kegging a breeze. I highly reccomend it. I think my dog is taking pulls off the tap while I sleep because it sure doesn't seem like 5 gallons :chin:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
I can't wait to have a place big enough to have a chest freezer that I can turn into a tap machine. It just seems like such an easy decision, who wouldn't want one?

pico

Veteran
I sqeezed one right next to the fridge in the kitchen. The only problem is my trimming crew drank all 10 gallons this last weekend. Hard to tell how much has been consumed without the empty bottles

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Maybe set up a cheap scale underneath each keg, see what it weighs when full and empty, so you can keep track of where it is, roughly.

I might have to make room for a keg machine, I'm turning 21 this fall and I wanna buy some kegs :sasmokin:

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
Warning - having a keg at home is a sure way to gain weight...lol But they do rock, congrats Pico. :)

pico

Veteran
Too late. :)

I have not brewed in a month or so because when it is on tap it is hard to resist. I need to move it down to the basement so at least I have to walk up a few stairs to get another glass.

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
pico said:
Too late. :)

I have not brewed in a month or so because when it is on tap it is hard to resist. I need to move it down to the basement so at least I have to walk up a few stairs to get another glass.

I just got one....... heheheheh smoking some johhny blaze :joint:

Dankdude

A figment of your imagination
Mentor
Also here is a Link to a PDF on how to convert a regular fridge into one as well. Link

H

humboldtlocal

I sqeezed one right next to the fridge in the kitchen. The only problem is my trimming crew drank all 10 gallons this last weekend. Hard to tell how much has been consumed without the empty bottles

Is that how you afforded your trimmer? With all the money you saved on beer?:)

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
My liver thanks me that I left mine back in college (it still doens't like me, but it has given veto power on the kegerator). Almost hooked it up next to the couch, that would have been a mistake. At least I had to walk into the garage to get a beer.

When I start homebrewing again I may have to get some Corny kegs or make a filler for ponies.

pico

Veteran
:)

I still have the tap, but I had to shut her down because it was just too tempting to pull off a cold one when thirsty. I may start kegging water, I have a seltzer water addiction that needs feeding.