What's new

Bc Bud Depot

Looking for some seeds and wondering if these guys got their shit together yet or not...

Read the stories about the shit customer service and the stability issues. Now I see them running ads in the mags, so is it a front or did they pull their socks up?

Really want some of their strains if shit is stable now.

Gmack

I ran some last year. All were garbage and not stable. Keep a close eye if you do pick some up.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ads don't mean shit other than a semi guaranteed crop of rubes to part from their money.

Learn from others.

Cheers

rykus

Amen to that Mikell... cheaper to buy adds than run real breeding labs..

Total fake trash imo...buyer beware...

Gmack

Just curious what strains of theirs are you looking to run? I don't think they have any proprietary strains so you should be Abel to pick up a similar strain from a better breeder.

GoatCheese

Veteran
I have grown few seeds of their The Black (2016/2017) and the phenos are all over the place, and some phenos are absolute garbage. I have never found such shit even in cheap-seeds like Nirvana's etc. Very mild effect (CBD pheno i think), very little resin and almost no aroma (dusty).

I really am wondering who would use such a parent-plant which produces these kind of results, cause some phenos of The Black are really that bad. I would be too a shamed to tell people "i made these seeds" let alone putting a price tag on them.

On the other hand, one pheno of The Black that i'm flowering right now seems to be a keeper, but i haven't smoked any yet so i don't know for sure. But the resin, aroma and calyx-to-leaf ratio are top-class.
..but i won't be buying another pack of these, that's for sure.
:)

EDIT:

Oh yea, i almost forgot ...the dusty pheno also started growing nanners in late bloom!!

black flag

A couple years ago I was gifted 4 beans of their ChemFire and all 4 plants hermied in veg.
First time a saw this. Worst shit I ever grew.

Seedsearcher

I don't know. I think you take a chance with every seed.

I have been running BCBD stuff for a couple years with no issues. Very high quality stuff I got and very consistent within the strain. I hear a lot of bad stuff and don't see it.

I took a chance on Med man stuff after hearing bad stuff and his was garbage. Most fem stuff from mass breeders are garbage. It's always a gamble.

As far as hermies - I also don't get that, grower error IMO. 1 seed in a whole plant is not a full on hermie.

What are you interested in - if I've run it, I'll give opinon

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Every once in awhile they buy decent beans and someone like Seedsearcher ends up with them, who then propagates the myth they aren't a sham.

The Black is made up bullshit, quite literally, like many of their offerings.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
I recently came into a cut of "the black" from an up-island grower who has had it for 20 years, well before BC bud depot existed, and he swears the shit of fire. We'll see.

The seed market is all advertising- if you spend money to advertise in magazines, you sell lots of seeds. If you don't, you don't.

I

Last edited:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ah, then there may be two stories here.

"The Black", according to Bunk Depot, was an intensely dark purple phenotype found in God Bud and isolated ten years ago on the North island (the good part of the island).

He does have a history of stringing bits of truth into his bullshit.

bigbag

Veteran
I've seen/smoked a couple very nice phenotypes of CBD God. tested 1:1, 16% THC/16% CBD indoor and 9%/9% in greenhouse. one is classic God, the other is a bit lemony. may have been a fluke but whatever, they're dank

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We have a good God phenotype of the CBD as well.

If I pay someone to build me a house, can I accurately claim I built my own?

The credit lies with Reef. Real temperamental bitch sometimes but the smoke is great.

What a bunch of scumbags. I always wanted the God bud and a few others but kept hearing the same things as everyone is saying. Shitty that people operate on that level.

bigbag

Veteran
^ I popped 20 JOTI Godbud seeds and didn't find a single one that resembled the old cup winner. since he was busted, strains authenticity have been suspect

Latest posts

Latest posts