What's new

Afro Bubble (Sour Bubble x Power Malawi)

albertgriffiths

Hola a todos,

Here is a modest grow-along of a few AfroBubble F3, by Atao genetics.
It's Sour Bubble x Afropips' Power Malawi (malawi gold x power plant).

I sprouted 6 reg seeds, could sex them at F+18, and had 3 females + 3 males.

They're now at F+20, uppotted in 5L pots.
... Under a 315W CMH, in a 4x4 tent they're sharing with a dozen of other plants, mainly indicas.
They're being fed with osmocote, 15-20g/pot.

That's a first time for me with osmocote and with synthetic nutrients, as I've always been an organic grower, but I couldn't get my usual amendments on time, and the plants were getting too big, so I had to improvise.

afrobub2.JPG

As you can see there are 2 phenos:
- #1 (the upper ones) is like a chandelier with a strong dominant apex and big fat leaves
- #2 (bottom) is much shorter, thiner blades, and much bushier

afrobub1.JPG

There is not much to say for the moment: they're vigorous, stems look solid enough, and stem rub is promising!
I didn't take clones, but I'll leave a few lower branches in case I decide they're worth revegging.

afrobub3.JPG

Tot ziens!

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Those are looking good friend. I'm going to ride with you, got me interested. What kind of soil are using and how much osmocote did you add to the soil?

albertgriffiths

Those are looking good friend. I'm going to ride with you, got me interested. What kind of soil are using and how much osmocote did you add to the soil?
Biobizz light mix + 15 to 25 gram osmocote per 5 Litres pot. (= a fistful)
I labelled how much I put precisey in each one, so I'll know what works best for next time.
I put a bit less to the afrobubble than to my other hybrids: 15 to 20g
And if nutrients are lacking in flowering, I can still compensate with a bit of Biobizz liquid nutes I have left.

I'm also adding calmag, microbes, and organic stimulants from time to time (trichoderma, microbial teas, humic and fulvic acids, enzymes...)

My initial plan was to use osmocote only for my mother plants, but as I said, I ran out of organic nutes and I had some available, so... Time to experiment!
Osmocote works well for the mothers, I must say. Little maintenance, and they seem happy with it.

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Hey glad to see AfroBubb growing have a good session Albert! (y)

About the lineage precisely it's Pure Power Power ; Power Plant crossed to White Widow so double indica with double sativa genepool in this AB polyhybrid.

Your 3 females look different it's interesting, i see the bigger wider one like WW or SB heritage so probably more resinous will see? ;)

Last edited:

albertgriffiths

F+28

Hi there,

I'll start this update with an overview of the tent they're in (sharing the space with lots of others)
They are the two big giants with monster leaves on the right side, and the stretched one with thin leaves in the bottom left corner.
P5260027.JPG

Here they are in isolation:
P5260032.JPG

Plant #4 is the most WLD-dominant: short internodes, earlier onset of flowering, and she also seems to be developing quicker. I defoliated #4 and #5 a bit, they really had huge monstera fan leaves.

Plant #3 is the most NLD-dominant. To my surprise it stretched to be taller than the rest. A bit branchier, thinner leaves, and she's one week behind the others in terms of flower development. It was the last one I could sex.

Plant #5 is inbetween these two extremes, leaning more towards the "indica pheno", but with longer internodes.

P5260028.JPG

P5260030.JPG

Fun fact: #3 is showing pink pistils! (Not as obvious on picture as it is IRL)

P5260033.JPG

And here is #4 so you can compare:
P5260034.JPG

Sadly, 2 of the 3 males were hermaphroditic. I culled them. Hopefuly the last one will remain stable, so I can have fun dusting a few of my keepers. No ball nor banana at all on the females yet, fingers crossed 🤞

P5210020.JPG

Tot ziens!

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
Hey #3 is showing you something sexy and her vigor branching with the most NLD leaning represents more of this hybrid character, good chance to be your keeper!

About your males have you stress them out on purpose or is there something happened in their environment, flash photo maybe? Anyway champion is your stronger one bravo!

(I wonder what are the 3 plants in the center foreground between ABs?)

Last edited: