What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Yellowing spotted upper leaves only

Stoobeey

Title says it see attached
I'm in living soil. Plant is approx 4 weeks into flower .

Would like to figure out 8ut issue for next time at least.
20231022_221718.jpg

Stoobeey

Ca, K, P, N & micro deficiencies, GL
Thanks now I know I just need a top dress heavier with some Gaia and I just gave it some TM7.

Soil was tested and adjusted with the help of you fine folks before I planted.

I think I had her in veg for 3 weeks before flipping (already in final pot).

Ill run a tea too

Thanks.

Will be interesting next month when I send off for a test of the spent soil to see the difference from a run

Stoobeey

I would do a simple soil and water ph test as well.
I only use RO water. I run on blumats too.

Soil was tested via Logan and someone helped adjust so I had correct saturation.
This girls a heavy feeder I think that's all. Its my first full round in this soil , so just figuring out top dressing and all . Haven't needed much though. I have a plant next to it that this never happened to . It's a week or so from harvest. I have a clone of this plant so I can run her again (not to mention flip earlier . She's way too tall for my tent 😂)

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
When the top leaves yellow it is a sign that the pH is rising in the substrate. IF you use tap water and it has a higher pH than the substrate the substrate pH will rise after a while or into flowering.

led05

Chasing The Present

Soil was tested via Logan and someone helped adjust so I had correct saturation.
This girls a heavy feeder I think that's all. Its my first full round in this soil , so just figuring out top dressing and all . Haven't needed much though. I have a plant next to it that this never happened to . It's a week or so from harvest. I have a clone of this plant so I can run her again (not to mention flip earlier . She's way too tall for my tent 😂)
Soil tests from labs like Logan, Spectrum etc are limited to its point in time, especially with a tiny medium, they are designed & suited for a field / acreage that’s relatively stable not some dudes closet though both will gladly take your $$$ - using pure RO leeches everything as well my friend

PH is rather moot growing Organics/living mediums for the most part unless WAY out of whack - you’ve got numerous nutrient deficits it’s very clear - spraying foliarly with quality chelates would prove this but you’re rather far along for that.

Peace & GL, build from this for your next grow

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Title says it see attached
I'm in living soil. Plant is approx 4 weeks into flower .

Would like to figure out 8ut issue for next time at least.
View attachment 18910286
- What is the feeding schedule?
- What are the nutrients used?
- What EC or PPM and pH?

You can see issues that point to potassium, phosphorus, calcium, nitrogen deficiency or lockout. Which is likely overfeeding of something, or the wrong nutrient in a high quantity.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Soil tests from labs like Logan, Spectrum etc are limited to its point in time, especially with a tiny medium, they are designed & suited for a field / acreage that’s relatively stable not some dudes closet though both will gladly take your $$$ - using pure RO leeches everything as well my friend

PH is rather moot growing Organics/living mediums for the most part unless WAY out of whack - you’ve got numerous nutrient deficits it’s very clear - spraying foliarly with quality chelates would prove this but you’re rather far along for that.

Peace & GL, build from this for your next grow
RO only leaches if there is discharge out the bottom. If no discharge or runoff then on leaching.

Stoobeey

RO only leaches if there is discharge out the bottom. If no discharge or runoff then on leaching.
Glad someone said it. And correct I do not water to run off, especially since I'm on blumats. I believe you have been part of my soil repair thread.

She's definitely a heavy feeder compared to the other girls in this mix.

Stoobeey

- What is the feeding schedule?
- What are the nutrients used?
- What EC or PPM and pH?

You can see issues that point to potassium, phosphorus, calcium, nitrogen deficiency or lockout. Which is likely overfeeding of something, or the wrong nutrient in a high quantity.
This is full organics. Only a small top dress with a bloom mix and some tea . I don't take ec, ppm, or ph.. no feeding schedule

Damage is done.

how long before that organic top dressing becomes bio-available before more damage is done?

led05

Chasing The Present
8 different cultivars growing it recycled Organics (same exact soil over & over & over and) , it don’t matter the strain fellas, you’ve gotta build your soils proper then water properly, the RO water messes with how cations & anions will work within your medium whether or not it comes out the bottom or not, believe as you may, your choice ….

IMG_0287.jpeg

IMG_0289.jpeg

IMG_0300.jpeg

A different room same deal many different strains

IMG_0284.jpeg

If you can cut your RO reservoir with tap to @100ppm you’ll have much better results moving forwards I’d bet

GL gentlemen, peace out

Stoobeey

What is in the bloom mix and the tea?
How much was used?
What is the origin of the organic soil?
Used Gaia bloom instead of my individual amendments. (Half strength last top dress obviously needed to go the full 1 tbl per gal)

Tea was TM7 , molasses. Ecw

Soil is spm, ecw, perlite, boos biodynamic compost.
Kelp. Crab meal. Fish bone meal, neem cake. dolo lime , seabird guano, humic acid powder, gypsum, azomite greensand, alfalfa.