What's new

Wine with Delayed Flavor?

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Many many times. There is the initial attack, mid palate and finish. Focusing on these things separately makes drinking wine a lot more enjoyable. I work with wine for a living, i find equal joy in breaking down the profiles of wine as well as cannabis. Enjoy!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Interesting... and thanks so much. :)

As for headaches, watch the ingredients and fermentation temps well. You should be able to get falling down, make an ass out of yourself drunk, and have no more hangover the next day than you would from two shots of cheap whiskey. ;)

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Interesting... and thanks so much. :)

As for headaches, watch the ingredients and fermentation temps well. You should be able to get falling down, make an ass out of yourself drunk, and have no more hangover the next day than you would from two shots of cheap whiskey. ;)

Try aerating the wine and perhaps try it a bit warmer.

Without knowing what kind it's a bit of a crap shoot.

Sometimes it needs degassed, sometimes it needs to open up, and sometimes you might be tasting something that was added to balance the palate.

Tannins and acids, and to a lesser extent, sulfites are typically pointed at when blame for an overbalanced is attributed.

As much control as a vintner has over additives, a distiller has over the main cause of hangovers.

Methanol foreshots are discarded in the distillation process whereas the methanol is contained in beer and wine.

The first lighter alcohol to follow is the stuff nightmarish hangovers are made of.

If one were to discard most of the heads (lighter alcohol) and keep only the hearts (sweet albeit lower proof ethanol) they would quickly note the clean buzz and lack of hangover.... and a considerable loss in yield.

That's why cheap whiskey is prone to give hangovers... more yield (heads) more ugh in the AM.

But no matter what you do with wine there's everything in terms of methanol to tails in there.

Latest posts

Latest posts