What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Which medium for which period?

The great debate has always been between hydro and soil as far as taste. Soil growers(speaking organics here btw) claim that feeding the soil and allowing the plant to thrive in an environment where it has access to everything it could want allows for a better taste....hydro growers claim that taste is mainly about the cure and organic growers are full of it..

It cannot be denied that hydro growth in veg is quicker, but does that matter? If for example, I grow my plants in veg in a hydro/passive hydro system and get massive growth...if I transplanted into properly sized organic containers to flower in....would that not help cut down on the slower soil growth during veg?

Does Hydro still do that much better during flower that it outweighs the taste question? Would the buds still be
"organically grown?"

:tiphat:Would the final flower flavor be of a properly grown "organic soil grown" girl?

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
As nobody answers:
Organic or 'organic' is a difference and not the same as organic... Depending on your definition, it could our could not. In my definition and according to the stricter regulatory institutions, indoor hydro can not be organic, and that's also what I personally think.
If you mean organic like in organic chemistry, then yes, it will but then again, plants grown inorganically (mineral ferts) or with organic matter are 100% the same, organic chemistry wise.
Why not try it? I wouldn't bother with switching medium... too much labour for what?