What's new

Where can I buy cannabanoid and terpenoid equipment?

U

Ultra Current

Guys I'm trying to get together my own laboratory to study cannabis further. I don't even know if this is feasible but my budget is 1 Million Dollars for equipment alone. I'm looking for equipment that can measure Terpenoids and Cannabonoids and things of this nature. If anyone has any ideas on professional up to date equipment that I can buy, please let me know. Any information that any of you who have direct knowledge, please feel free to chime in on any products and model numbers. Thanks in advance!

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Buy from distributors if you have cash to burn. Labx and Ebay for everyone else. It won't help if you don't know what to do with it though.

U

Ultra Current

If someone else can do it, then so can I. Anyone know any specific model numbers that can be taken seriously?

G.O. Joe

Veteran
If you have a choice, there's no reason to use any particular GC or HPLC, other than for ease of use for the desired application, which you've left a little vague. Salesmen might help with this.

I spose any number of cannabis analysis papers in the literature from the 60's on can be read; the major equipment is always described, and more importantly protocols, columns and such. This forensic or academic environment isn't the same as a commercial one.

U

Ultra Current

Im going to just do some research and find labs that do this and see what they use. I just want to know what type of techknology exists for viewing all the terpens and cannaboinds and the levels. I have a friend who heads the micro-biology school at harvard but he doesnt like to discuss these subjects as of now. I think once I have what I need he can point me in the right direction with using equipment and what i would do. If I was to think that i couldnt do something in life, i would have never accomplished all the things that ive done in my life. People have been telling me my whole life that theres no way and then I do it. Knowlege is everywhere these days. Money buys everything that you need if you have it. Then it has to be figued out somehow. Maybe im way over my head but i wont know until i try and theres nothing to lose but money and money grows on trees for me!

purple_man

Veteran
high bro!

if so much $ is availible for the equipment, either link up with someone who is skilled in the area of analytical chemistry, or get books dealing with analytical chemistry and work your way from there.

blessss
ps.: good luck :)

U

Ultra Current

To all the haters. Im a college drop out that went to Northeastern University for Chemical Engineering. I dropped out my last year because I enjoy growing more but I took many many labs and chemistry classes. You dont think im smart enough to do this? Watch and learn.

Edit: i was actually expelled for selling drugs on campus but i would have dropped out anyway.

B

bench warmer

Go for it UC! :yes: Great Luck to you with it too Bro!

Last edited:

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Your ambitious goal inspires me. A good person to contact would be Mila the Pollinator lady in Amsterdam. A visit to the Dam would be a good starting point in your quest. The university system and culture of learning there is well known. I saw Mila construct and ship a specially created six-foot long dry-sifter for extracting cannabis resin for research by German scientists. Purity control is their goal, as always.

Advanced research into all things cannabis is actively encouraged there in Europe, not actively DIScouraged as here in the US. In short, many people you want to talk to speak excellent English, and are happy to discuss their theories, methodologies, etc.

Happy travels in your quest for further knowledge!

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
ya if you got a mil to burn then why not use some of it to get the info you want and travel to these labs and get actual info

W

will.canna

Best quote I've read all day:

Best quote I've read all day:

Im going to just do some research and find labs that do this and see what they use. I just want to know what type of techknology exists for viewing all the terpens and cannaboinds and the levels. I have a friend who heads the micro-biology school at harvard but he doesnt like to discuss these subjects as of now. I think once I have what I need he can point me in the right direction with using equipment and what i would do. If I was to think that i couldnt do something in life, i would have never accomplished all the things that ive done in my life. People have been telling me my whole life that theres no way and then I do it. Knowlege is everywhere these days. Money buys everything that you need if you have it. Then it has to be figued out somehow. Maybe im way over my head but i wont know until i try and theres nothing to lose but money and money grows on trees for me!
from Ultra Current

~will.canna :watchplant:

To all the haters. Im a college drop out that went to Northeastern University for Chemical Engineering. I dropped out my last year because I enjoy growing more but I took many many labs and chemistry classes. You dont think im smart enough to do this? Watch and learn.

Edit: i was actually expelled for selling drugs on campus but i would have dropped out anyway.

Most billionaires are drop outs.

Attitude is everything.

Enjoy your threads. Thanks

mad professor

hey Ultra, i'm a phytochemistry student who actually has training to run one of these sexy sexy GC-MS machines.

It is indeed exactly what you want, they can be bought either via second hand websites (i know of quite a few natural products labs that have done this), or new.

....but that's the easy part.....standards are going to become your life man, finding, acquiring, and making standards is going to take ALOT of your time..this is where the devotion and dedication come into it...

but straight up man, you buy one of these, and i will make you a video series at my university explaining how to use it... it won't be any longer than 5 hours and you'll know whats up....

and no (to EVERYONE) i cannot run molecules of your interest through my accessible instruments.

NotaProfessor

If someone else can do it, then so can I.
lol I admire your confidence.

Please understand that having all the shiny pots and pans, a nice big kitchen, and a book of recipes does not make you a chef. Be sure to give yourself - or have your $1MM donors give you - a few months of full time work to set up and familiarize yourself with the tools and techniques. Chem engineering is not analytical chem. I think you will find little overlap to support your confidence.

Buying brand new shit will eat that $1MM fast. Like others have said, ebay and labx will get you good stuff but only if you can discern analytical trash from treasure.

DarthFader1

Veteran
Im pulling up a chair for this one.. :lurk:

OP do you plan to share your work on threads here?

Im a believer and i wish you the very best bro!

Good Luck :respect:

U

Ultra Current

Thank you all so much for your help! I now have a better idea which route to take. Technology has advanced to where a person like me can get into this side of plant science for reasonable costs compared to 10 years ago. Some of you shlould believe in yourselves more because you can accomplish anything that you put your mind to. Im in touch with some great minds that can guide me through this process and im so happy about that. I'm pretty sure I know the route that Ill be taking but it would be premature for me to discuss this further. You havent heard the last of this subject and ill be working hard to get this together and learn what i need to learn. I look forward to pursuing my dreams and research on this special plant that brings us all together. Thank you to all the people who PMd me and got me on the right path. When i get this whole thing together, i will be documenting loads of info to share with the world and ill let you guys be the judge to see what is possible in life. Happy growing and research brothers and sisters!

yesucan

Characterization of cannabinoid metabolites

Characterization of cannabinoid metabolites

I second the GC-MS option. The new systems have amazing sensitivity and most molecules you will be interested in will boil off of any flavor of C8 or C16 column you choose. You just need a competent chemist and you will be good.