What's new

When will UK/Scotland get homegrow rights restored? / Where already has?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I think Brixton was chosen to get the result it did. An example of why we can't just decriminalise it. Suits walking to the tube at 6:30am had people trying to pedal to them.

Little kids can't sell lemonade on the street, without the right license.
Pubs are shut at that time(generally)
Drinking in public isn't legal.

Where in that was street dealing ever going to be alright. I don't think the police stopped any of it though. They let it play out. Tainting the trials findings.

It needs regulation. Personal limits, and commercial standards.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fe,,,
lit was Briton polices Chief Superintendent Brian Paddick who made the decisions,,( his partner was a cannabis user)
Now Lord Paddick iirc and his intentions were good but he got a lot of shit for it,,,
He may have lost his job over that policy but not a 100% on that as I’m writing from memory ,,,
lit was closed down ,not long after it started,,,

Digit

excuse me while i reply to all the things in one quick catch-up glut. :)

> there was no subtext.

coulda been. ;3

> it just means that it´s illegal and you can end up in jail. And now that they know who you are (or do they?)

already an overly well known cannabis activist, sufficient to have been mentioned by name in the local paper more than once, including front page. that under-the-radar-virginity's long gone.... not that i wanna provoke it n invite martyr-fantasy calamities.

> they´ll probably keep an etra eye on you! I´d never ask the police such things because they´re the ones who are out and about, not the actual governnment people.

someone's gotta breach their hostility-maintained ignorance-bubble echo-chamber that paints themselves magnanimous while committing atrocities.

... if we all naruto run together... ;D ... or at least saturate them with questions if they recognise our [[supposedly] law protected] rights above the corporate bought statutes that harm us all.

--------------

> Cops don't make laws, they uphold em. So you're barking up the wrong tree.

see durham.

see police discretion, and whatever else it gets called. there's still decision making autonomy to some extents, through all levels of the police force, top to bottom. they are our servants, remember.

also, iirc, seedourfuture has a very compelling "no evidence" case to counter the basis of prohibition and police acting hostile to people with cannabis. once they see such an interpretation, and if they understand it, they'll be upholding the law in our favour.

> You should be asking your parliament rep or government or whatever/whoever makes the laws that question.

both, and more.

> And medical legalization doesn't mean you can grow in peace,

yup, not innately. there are many forms it can take. the more spectator we are about it, the more likely it will be in forms less considerate of us, more using us as cash cows, neglecting any harms or breaches of duty of care done to us in their "efficient" top-down constrictive rigid processing. so better to keep putting more human touch on it.

> because then you prolly will need a doctors notice and permits and there will be limits and shit.

yep, could be like that. regulations could be egregious impositions with smelly cui-bono and detrimental in many ways, ... or, could be well hammered into shape by people persistently participating, ensuring it serves people's needs, and not tipping/rigging the game in favour of those [monopolists/kleptarchs/barons] who've already got the most.

> That's if you can grow at all even if the medical part is legal. That's more towards some Big Pharma stuff like Sativex.

yep. the chumocracy. needs overcoming, not just watching them do it. home grow rights needs be. ... and it's not like it's even some hostile competition to larger scale opperators... all that craft and artismal cultivation... that's a wealth of flows in the economy for them, far greater than a monopoly built on anti-competitive rule-buying to rig the game to deny everybody else any cards or even a seat at the table.

~ and over 20 bloody years of that rank hypocrisy in the uk...

> And again, people screaming for legalization and their rights. STOP IT!
> What you need is decriminalization, then you don't have to worry about limits and licenses and all that jazz. Just grow weed like you would grow potatoes or some stuff like that.
> That would be right. And fuck paying more taxes. I ain't gonna pay no weed tax next week when last week I woulda gone to jail for the same thing.

> That's how The Man get you. So fuck that guy.

yeah, plus descheduling.

still, that "legalise" has a weight of simple conception of freedom for most novice ears to the topic, despite it, under closer examination, being an orwellian trojan fly in the ointment.

i keep searching for wording that reliably concisely conveys... pre-prohibition, post-prohibition, that natural freedom before the economic sabotage.

... and taxes... epic bag of worms that is... much of which get tidied up much neater once the herb's fully free and utilised, empowering people again with their rights that are supposed to be irevocable and forever protected by the monarch, as in the charter of the forrest, our right to sustain ourselves off the land n such. ... not to mention the rest of the economic scams and usury out the other side of where even those doing taxation as a good thing are duped and/or blackmailed by the banking system's facades...

fully utilised though... mmm. that's worth spending some time dwelling on. :) hemp all the things. :) facilities for that world, everybody free to grow their own for whatever specificity of purpose, ... we'd develop long past sitchlin's decorticating machine, and with all the connectivity potential... mmm dreamer's paradise, all that potential the herb brings, for fuel, fiber, food, medicine, fun, environmental restoration, etc.

> Where I live, i have to pay taxes when I buy tomatoes.
> I don’t mind paying taxes for store bought weed.
> Lucky for me, i can grow both in my garden.

looking forward to it here.

> What we really need though is to decriminalize it in our mind first, it's our right and we must act on it.

and doing such introduces that paradigm to the police you ask about it, with casual normalcy, they might otherwise not see under the veil of their prickly-life-threatening-intimidating willful ignorance and aptitude selection biases.

> I have learned to disregard laws that I don't see the reason for existing, I don't wait for no gov to make it legal/decriminalize it.

i try to live that, but since my bust, every attempt to germinate seed brings ptsd triggers which (as if that wasnt harrowing enough) can result in physical convulsions that rip open internal wounds. fun. :/

> If you want to grow, you should, no matter legal/illegal. Just take a bit more care.

well, i'll maybe try again soon, but it's been the same story for me for over a decade. (if even gets to seedling, it gets destroyed in panic attacks. flashbacks and rupturing internals are no fun.)

... but soon, surely soon... with the legalisations and decriminalisations and deschedulings and liberalisations and normalisations of the herb going on around the world, including cbd's market/mindshare prominence, all surely points to prohibition's dying, if not already dead and just in slow collapse of its rotting corpse. scared of it still... that thing took a huge chunk out of my life, tortured n nearly killed by it, many times. ... still something must always be done to further the good cause. time flies when you're not in pain or prison. worth remembering, to help make hay when the sun is shining. time flies when not in pain or prison.

> Also BadTicket hit the nail, for decades people lost their freedom over this and now suddenly because you are free to walk in a store and buy weed, there is no problem that your money flows straight into these guys pockets that have ruined so many lives.......... tomatoes were not illegal a few years ago getting people locked up for growing them.....

About 15 years ago, they dropped it to class C in Brixton, as a trial. It failed. The message 'drugs are bad' echoed out, and a stiffening rather than a relaxing of the law prevailed.

> The smokers I know seem to think they will be smoking it on the park, or in the bus queue. That it's just a cigarette. Their behaviour will stop every trial.
A successful trial is one where nothing changes. The UK has too many dickheads for that to happen though.

though, some places in the world, no one bats an eye if you spark a pure cannabis joint on the street. like i was hearing in the simpalife's latest episode (the one with remo, ep 37 or something i think), BC's much like that.

it can be like that here. the tide can change. the more mild mannered considerate polite people who get bold, the better for the image, over the already over-bold agro in-your-face first loudest crassness that wins us no favours.

dont let the dickheads deal prohibitionist politicians an easy win by not even playing our hand.

mothers and grannies especially help win hearts and dispell the drug-war's propaganda's imagery. ... if that's not to cynical and calculating a thing to suggest. :/

~ sorry, i tried to leave "advertising and marketing" even in my mind, like bill hicks encouraged (well, that's not litterally what he encouraged, but still saved my life from that desk-killer art-sell-out path).

> there are stupid people everywhere I guess. If we want it to be legal for us all we need to show that weed users are responsible people not idiots. And if we want the law to change it requires a sensible intelligent approach, meaning don´t act like immature twats that only confirm the existing prejudice

yup. exactly.

> I started a thread a number of weeks ago about Cancard,,,supported by all political parties and every police federation in England and Wales,,,
> Cancard holders are effectively decriminalised for possession and cultivation based on the CPS unable to convict due to mitigating circumstances,,,
> 17;000 Cancard holders and counting,,,.
> Started by Carly Barton,,one of the mums whose kids have constant fits without there Cannabis meds,,,
> want piece of mind? Then apply for your Cancard but must have a Doctor or Consultant to confirm why you need your Cannabis meds,,,,
> Sorry but Scotland and Northern Ireland are not part of this just England and Wales,, ,

yeah. cancard's featured prominently in my queries. didnt get replies either way on whether they'd respect it. more fodder for the ominous grey area of risk.

i've my reservations about the cards too anyway. is a bit top-down "where are your papers". ... though do have my own home-made one. easier than trying to remember the dozens of ailments it helps me with.

though...

> Started by Carly Barton,,one of the mums whose kids have constant fits without there Cannabis meds,,,

iirc, carly uses it for herself. not one of the mums of kids with seizures... i think.

> It´s a step in the right direction, I guess.

i hope and doubt.

> Trouble is most doctors will not do that,

lipservice support from all but one of the GPs at my local (and she was the juniormost, and i think she was worried i was trying to catch her out in criminality or something, lol, poor dear looked like wildlife in the headlights as she stuttered her advice against it [contrary to the coily-near-neutral-to-effusive-encouragement got from the others]. "years" the best (seems most competent and inteligent) GP said... though, that was years ago already... so ... maybe it's okay to get via NHS GP now... :3 jk.

> mostly because they haven´t a clue about weed and are totally prejudice.

i imagine here in the multiple sclerosis capital of the world, with a now dead famous cannabis activist and small community, and from the sorts of "that cannabis dosing is consistent with what I hear from other patients" statements i've got back from GPs, the doctors here are perhaps doing well (above uk average(?)) for cannabis savvy.
... contrasts to the police, surely far lower than uk average, probably near the worst. violently willful ignorance.
i think i'd sorta prefer that the other way around. let the nhs be ignorant then. just get the police clue'd up. then we'd get more chief's issuing "lowest priority" on cannabis, and encouraging giving free cannabis to prisoners etc. (yes, that actually was encouraged by a police chief).

> It needs to be non-punishable for everyone - but that won´t happen anytime soon (realitically speaking), will it?
> It sucks that it´s not nationwide too.

this in itself may be further grit to help build our perfect post-prohibition pearl upon.

> All your GP or consultant needs to do,,,is confirm you are being treated for A,B,or C ,,,
> GPs are on board with this as it effectively takes the pressure of them and they are just confirming the condition that you are currently being treated for,,,
> Check out the website,,
> ,Cancard holders being given the meds back if caught in possession etc,etc,,

I get nothing from my GP for 19 years (except asthma inhalers, just in case cant get herb ~ though even stopped updating them after a while, since they changed the forumla and they dont even work anymore). 2002, i got off their pill-mill, and started treating myself with just cannabis (and if i had a healthy lifestyle/diet then too, that would have been enough to really pull out of the dive they put me in completely ~ good lesson, it's not magic pixie-dust that cure's all ailments regardless what other toxic malnutrition you endure). anyway, point being, the criteria of these cards often appear to exclude me, despite having several of the ailments that qualify me, but because i've been off exploring ayurveda and other health modalities/paradigms/systems/perspectives/whateveryouwannacallthem, i'm rather off their bureacratic radar. there was one that lets you self declare... or perhaps others (including carly's?) started offering that too? idk, i've not kept my mental database up to date on this.

> fuck'em - I'll grow my 2 plants - as a conscientious objector to the draconian cannabis laws - if they want to go filling reams of paper out about it - and trying to squeeze blood out of a stone - then so be it -

i have rebuilt the grow cab they busted me with. just waiting to put a couple pots in it in reassurance a gang of thugs wont break into my home, assault me, tie me up, steal my medicine, threaten to make me their prisoner for over a decade of rape, with no recourse to call the police on them, because they are the police. really do need that reassurance. dont need a re-dose of that trauma.

> Think those days are gone G,,
> Can’t imagine being bothered for a couple of plants,,,,,

front page news, "drug den" type rhetoric, for my 2 powerplants in veg in a knee-high micro-scrog cab. not just the police that are the worst here, the main newspaper's a vile tory rag too. but that was 15 years ago, surely you're right, and those days are gone here too... oh, but even just in 2019, a bust of someone's grow-op resulted in "zero tollerence" rhetoric plastered across the paper. fucking nightmare being surrounded by these dangerous idiots who've been given all the power.

so yeah, i just contact the national level. ... yet to go bold enough to walk into the station holding a seed over soil, saying "ok yet?", every day until getting the ok.

> > Think those days are gone G,,
> > Can’t imagine being bothered for a couple of plants,,,,,
> Me neither - maybe that's why I'm so brazen about it - lol

neither had i, before the bust.

broken doors, full riot gear, ransacking, cuffs, the whole works. for a couple plants in situ that would not have even yeilded more than single figures of ounces.

do not underestimate other people's stupidity, insanity, unthinking obedience, negligence, calous lack of compassion etc. ... how was it put earlier... too many dickheads in the uk. {insert Jam's "thick people" sketch}

> But what if someone stitches you up? I mean the coppers are obliged to act on it, are they not?

yeah, not all the dickheads are on the force. ... and i dont just mean ignorant busybodies in the public. some are even dealers who would rather keep you as a customer, even if means risking putting you in prison, rather than losing you to self-empowerment. cops n the worst dealers, working together in this regard. cunts.

> I believe location may have a lot to do with getting a pull,,,,
> anywhere in Inner London and Greater London then virtually zero chance of being bothered ,,,,little village in the Home Counties then possibly,,,
> Police have so many other priorities then a few plants in areas in and around London,,,

and it's easy to imagine they're likely really bored where there's only a tiny, mostly rural, geographically isolated small community population to deal with. where ruining someone's life for a flower's a bit of action. ... i doubt they're generally all that sociopathic. not all cops are backwards.

> Fe,,,
> lit was Briton polices Chief Superintendent Brian Paddick who made the decisions,,( his partner was a cannabis user)
> Now Lord Paddick iirc and his intentions were good but he got a lot of shit for it,,,
> He may have lost his job over that policy but not a 100% on that as I’m writing from memory ,,,
> lit was closed down ,not long after it started,,,

yeah, lot of love too. the truth well out. gandhi-style doing the right thing regardless of consequences, because it's the right thing. easier for some of those of us with close personal experience, to see, it's right. more power to those who can and want to do right too.

and the more who speak up with that calmly confident bold normalcy with humanity's best plant friend, in earshot of those in positions of power, previously priority targets for corporate propaganda, to hear the rest of the story, past their guarded ignorance, the sooner sense seeps in, that we need utilise the herb sooner, with that good sense, lest we need utilise it in desperation, later, when the dire situation presents the inevitability, the necessity of the herb.

... i mean, as much as for the individuals in direct suffering, is one thing, but there's a larger environmental elephant in the room, where cannabis terpenes can clear up our atmosphere of greenhouse gasses far faster than the best pine forests or jungles or kelp and algae... just saying, it's oft maddening that we have to piddle about with what should be such a plain simple obviousness, when there's yet greater importances to be getting on with, at far greater scale. ... and that's not even a chip off the iceberg of all the herb has to offer us.

... oh but please mister policeman, please promise me you'll not breach my rights and sanity and home sanctity with your break in and assault and threats and thefts, oh please...

what backwardsness in this world, when those promised to serve and protect us, are our greatest threat and tormentors.

Scotchlock

1 Verses 29 to 30. [29] And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Google medical cannabis clinic London or sapphire clinic London, you will need to book a zoom call with there phyciatrist was £150 but you need medical history that you need it then it’s £150 for an ounce you can get oil .vape pens .flower etc hopefully we can get it nhs soon.

Thats a reply someone gave me when i was asking about medical stuff . Peace.

Latest posts

Latest posts