What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Whats wrong here?

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Whats wrong here?

Strain is uk cheese. Soil is ff hp in a three gallon pot. I know the yellowing leaves wont green up again, but is the plant salvageable at all? I use the pots weight to decide when to water. So i water when the pot feels light weight. Also I don't how to tell if I'm going to give too much water or not enough each time i water. But even thats kinda hard to judge correctly. What would you do at this point? (Feed it, or plain water it, or somthing else)? This kind of s*** seems to happen every time and I'm getting sick and tired of my plants not growing correctly, At the same time I don't want to give up.
20240823_092949.jpg

Sanjuro

I don’t think it’s nutrient deficiency.

The plant looks dehydrated. Cheese/Skunk1 doesn’t seem to like being dehydrated and i have had problems to keep them happy under leds because of that problem

I'm sure the plant will pick up once you get the watering issue corrected. It doesn't look too bad only dehydrated

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I don’t think it’s nutrient deficiency.

The plant looks dehydrated. Cheese/Skunk1 doesn’t seem to like being dehydrated and i have had problems to keep them happy under leds because of that problem

I'm sure the plant will pick up once you get the watering issue corrected. It doesn't look too bad only dehydrated
I thought about buying one of those blumat watering systems. Do they work well?

Sanjuro

I thought about buying one of those blumat watering systems. Do they work well?

Yes they do. I only use them when the plant has gotten little too big for the pot and i have troubles watering it often enough.

You just have to adjust watering regiment to suit the moisture level plants are getting out of blumats so you don't over water your plants. I use only fresh water in the blumat res no nutrients in it

But i don't think your Cheese is large enough for you 3 gal pot to need supplemental watering from blumats. Normal hand watering should do for awhile still.

And like Koondense wrote, take the plastic cover off so that the medium will breath more easily

Sanjuro

What nutrient line are you using, cheesebuds?
I don't know what you're using but with soil it's better to use some bio-nutrient line because salt based stuff is too problematic with soil grown imo because of the buildup issues. organic nutrients are much more forgiving for soil growers.

Last edited:

PadawanWarrior

Whats wrong here?

Strain is uk cheese. Soil is ff hp in a three gallon pot. I know the yellowing leaves wont green up again, but is the plant salvageable at all? I use the pots weight to decide when to water. So i water when the pot feels light weight. Also I don't how to tell if I'm going to give too much water or not enough each time i water. But even thats kinda hard to judge correctly. What would you do at this point? (Feed it, or plain water it, or somthing else)? This kind of s*** seems to happen every time and I'm getting sick and tired of my plants not growing correctly, At the same time I don't want to give up.
View attachment 19052997
Water those poor things. The soil looks really dry.

Also more info could help. What are you feeding them?

Sanjuro

Are you growing with a led light btw? High enough humidity and the right temperature in the grow area will help keeping your plants in better shape. This is especially important with uk cheese and the skunk genetics coming out of the same sk1 parental lines from Nevil .

I don’t like to grow sk1 heavy hybrids because the have been the most problematic plants for me in cold/dry season grows and especially under led lights.

Cheese genetics don’t seem to like strong air movement in an environment that is too dry already so it’s better not to have a fan blowing air directly at your cheese plants because this will make the leaf dehydration problems even worse based on my own issues with sk1

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
If you buy yourself an EC or TDS meter you can test the runoff and know what you got in the soil. Otherwise, its just guessing and hit-or-miss.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
There is not much to learn from runoff. Time is better spent making sure the inputs are correct.

Cheesebuds, are these autos?

It looks to me like the soil keeps drying out. It may benefit you to get some mulch on top of the soil to slow down evaporation.

I would mix up a 3/4 strength bloom feed and water it in well ph'd to 6.3-6.5. if you do not have a ph or ppm meter I would say that is the best investment for you. Just keep the probes wet at all times while not using them and they will last and work.

No worries those plants will bounce back!

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
If you buy yourself an EC or TDS meter you can test the runoff and know what you got in the soil. Otherwise, its just guessing and hit-or-miss.
I have tested runoff hundreds of times and seen differences from 5000 to 50 parts per million. Knowing what the EC is in the substrate will allow the proper dose of fertilizer to be given.