What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

whats the odds of getting 6 females out of 6 regular seeds

I bought a pack of dnas 91 krpyt 6 regular seeds. Put them into flowering on 7/31. They were showing their pre flowers before I put them in. And all six were females. I have never had that happen before, and thought is was rare.

Aksala

I popped 5 blue mystics that all ended up female.

Popped 10 sour d's that all ended up being female and male...

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
odds of that would be 64 to 1 if they truly were regular m/f seeds

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
It's not that uncommon.
I've had groups of seeds all turn out female a couple of times.

I have no scientific proof of this but I feel the odds increase when a S1 female was used in the genetic make up, any time I have bred with a fem seed plant x male I get a high instance of females.

Ickis

Veteran
Somewhere, somebody hates your guts because they got all males. Like Kcar. LOL! Sorry K!

Congrats on the good luck.

MJOFMJ420

cooler temps,less light,( n a touch of nitrgin, at about 2 weeks from seed pop) will give u a better % of hen's.
this is prob true and overlooked
im a rook so dont act like ur hearing it from a pro but out of 8 plants 7 were female on both of my first 2 grows
i let them veg outside and flower indoor under artificial lights.. hit them wit spike strips hi in nitrogen 2 or 3 weeks after pop
i read somewere that swithing to artificial light after starting in natural sunlight promotes hermes.. but i also read every body has their own techniques based on their own experiences .. so with that being said i will do thin on my next grow as well so far have a 14-16 female to male ratio is great