What's new

Whatever happened to chemdd?

KateJ

I know a couple of breeders made some crosses of her but she soon disappeared a short time after. Does no one use her anymore? I have been interested in running her for a while but could never find any companies that offered her.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not sure what Chemdd actually is (haven't researched) but if it's Chemdog x Sour Diesel... the seeds that Rez made are more or less dead.

Try using the search function too. I keep seeing that particular name popping up every once in a while.

KateJ

I'm not sure what Chemdd actually is (haven't researched) but if it's Chemdog x Sour Diesel... the seeds that Rez made are more or less dead.

Try using the search function too. I keep seeing that particular name popping up every once in a while.

Yeah I figured that the rez version was dead but I searched and have seen a couple of particular people offering f2s and crosses. However, now these are no longer available. I have always been interested in these, as I have seen some grows on here of it that looked pretty interesting. Just was wondering if anyone out there was still working with the double d.
Thanks for responding

FireIn.TheSky

I always wanted the DD myself never got ahold of it though.

Reservoirs chemdawg sour diesel was similar but the DD always looked better.

Unless you see some kind of f2s pop up its doubtful you will find it. The Chem sour is still available but the seeds are old and even when they were fresh they had germination issues.

Reservoirs forum is still archived here at IC if you want to look thru old threads.

marrdogg

Veteran
Got access to plenty old ChemDD seeds from res, matter fact a few different crosses he put out may have to pop a few and see what's good.
Will be pretty hard though to source any of Rez's gear though. I know of no seed bank or private breeders offering his seeds mainly because his seeds were prone to hermie.
PEACE!

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
...Into the f3... and outcrossed lots of times. The '07/'08 batch of DD. The magic batch. Fathers were switched up after that.

I was not aware of anyone offering Chem DD in further generations. Some people on here are still working with Chem DD though...I know that.

* I don't keep many clones but I have been running my Mox Mox clone for more than 3 yrs now

Mox Mox = Chem DD X TFlux

TFlux = Original Flo X Chem DD

My favorite plant of all time. A floral skunky Flo....I can find no better. Hash machine. That being said...she is not common in Mox Mox...even in the f2 generation that the keeper clone mothered. Most of the expressions were middle of the road...nothing awesome

** Currently working with SZSK f2...which is: Skunk #1 X Chem DD...but that's even more hit or miss. Finished up making the f3 generation this run.

*** Also currently working with Chem DD X Killer Chemdog and Chem DD X C99BX. Vegging. f1 generation.

**** Found nothing great in The Chem DD f2s...even with multiple runs at different times. Haven't tried any of the f3s yet. I'm more into the outcrosses. A lot of wading through expressions...but when the right combos come up...they're hard to beat

KateJ

Marrdogg I would love to see what you get from popping a few. With so many strains available today would be interested into how she holds up against majority everything else.

Jericho, wow, you haven't found anything impressive at at all in the f2s? That's disappointing. From the pics ive seen they look like they have potential, but then again with this plant, pictures are not always worth a thousand words. You must be used to the very elite strains because this cross seems like a win win combo to me. Fly by night had some awesome looking pheno on his page that I saw.

mellowfellow

Tomoka Smoka
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've got about 40 chemdog double d f2's made by mtn colas that were donated to the server fund a few years ago. I'm about to get back on my feet and start growing again. These along with all other chemdog and diesel crosses will get popped first.

KateJ

I've got about 40 chemdog double d f2's made by mtn colas that were donated to the server fund a few years ago. I'm about to get back on my feet and start growing again. These along with all other chemdog and diesel crosses will get popped first.

Do you have any experience with the chemdd? If so what do you think about her? More misses than hits? Smells? Potency? Type of high?

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
I've got a couple of the ChemD in flower room 1 right now and a small clone army in propagation.
We're thinking to cross it to the Caryophyllene vars like OG, Sour D, Cookies x OG, Legend OG S1 and the BC RKS... we'll se what comes of it.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Marrdogg I would love to see what you get from popping a few. With so many strains available today would be interested into how she holds up against majority everything else.

Jericho, wow, you haven't found anything impressive at at all in the f2s? That's disappointing. From the pics ive seen they look like they have potential, but then again with this plant, pictures are not always worth a thousand words. You must be used to the very elite strains because this cross seems like a win win combo to me. Fly by night had some awesome looking pheno on his page that I saw.

My f1 mother Chem DD (Deliah was her name) was the shit. She is the foundation of almost all my Chem DD outcrosses. Nothing in the f2s came close. That's just how it goes. Sometimes chicken sometimes feathers. If you germinate enough beans...this becomes apparent.

I went through 2 pacs of Chem DD in 2008 before finding the right mother plant. Not that hard.

* To this day....those runs of Chem DD were some of the most epic grows I have ever had. More than a few expressions...most of them sensitive....but all were fun to work with.

** My Chem DD mom was cool and all.....but I'd take my mother Mox Mox (her daughter) over her every time. The mix with Original Flo....opened up the Floral Door that isn't in Chem DD....and I can harvest on day 58 in lieu of day 70. Big difference.

*** If anyone is offering Chem DD f2s (from the '07/'08 batch) I'd be surprised. They either made the seeds years ago...or they kept the clones that long. Not many growers keep male clones that long. My f2 seeds are getting old..and the f3 seeds were made around 2011 or 2012..I'd have to go back and look for exactness.

Outcrosses offer more imo

The Revolution

Veteran
Ive been sorting thru some Chemdawg DD f2s for years. Seeds are becoming non viable now, and I really need to make some fresh seeds. Im trying to germ them in rounds to get as many of the f2s up as possible to preserve as much of the traits as possible in the f3s. Im also planning to make a few hybrids. One hybrid in the works is (Chemdawg DD x GG#4 x Chemdog IBL), I might even hit one of my Larry Gum Females with a CDD. Ive found some awesome plants in these seeds. Some of the Sour phenos are super super sour, and sticky as all hell. Some of my favorite herb for sure. I grow several varieties each season and these are always some of my favorite to smoke.

mellowfellow

Tomoka Smoka
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you have any experience with the chemdd? If so what do you think about her? More misses than hits? Smells? Potency? Type of high?

I haven't grown any of the f2's from mtncolas, so I can not comment on them.
I did however grow out a pack of the original release I believe back in '08. I crossed the females from that pack to a grindhouse sour bubble bx1 ix1. The smoke was good but I couldn't gauge the potential of them because they were seeded buds. They did smell foul in a good way though!

Last edited:

KateJ

Ive been sorting thru some Chemdawg DD f2s for years. Seeds are becoming non viable now, and I really need to make some fresh seeds. Im trying to germ them in rounds to get as many of the f2s up as possible to preserve as much of the traits as possible in the f3s. Im also planning to make a few hybrids. One hybrid in the works is (Chemdawg DD x GG#4 x Chemdog IBL), I might even hit one of my Larry Gum Females with a CDD. Ive found some awesome plants in these seeds. Some of the Sour phenos are super super sour, and sticky as all hell. Some of my favorite herb for sure. I grow several varieties each season and these are always some of my favorite to smoke.

Please do try to preserve them... Would love to see some variation or at least some more f2s, f3s, etc. of these offered up again. That three way cross might bring some fire to the table too. The whole reason why I ask is because from looking at the structure of some of the phenos that I have seen these produce, looks somewhat like the structure of ecsd. Do you have any pics?

I see all of these new crosses being made nowadays, but from my experience there is always something new being made. Then on top of it all, most of the stuff is hyped up. Me personally Im a fan of sour, diesel, and chem smelling strains.
They have it all for me, smell and high. Most of my girlfriends like the berry smelling strains but its just something about sweet smelling strains along with chocolate smelling strains that turns me off.

I've got a couple of the ChemD in flower room 1 right now and a small clone army in propagation.
We're thinking to cross it to the Caryophyllene vars like OG, Sour D, Cookies x OG, Legend OG S1 and the BC RKS... we'll se what comes of it.

Sounds like some promising crosses that you have in mind. Is the sour d ECSD or sour d that you consider crossing your chem d to?

Thanks to all that could provide info, you have been very helpful.

marrdogg

Veteran
Got a lot going on Kate but when time and space permits I'll pop a few. I believe these were from the 07'/08' batch. Also some other crosses Res made at the time.
PEACE!

Doc D

I've been working with Greenbeanz (lemonhoko's) Chem DD f2's.... This line has some real gems... I've made A few X's and f3's that are currently being tested...

Mother's Milk (Bodhi's cut) x Chem DDf2
Org. Bubba Kush x Chem DDf2
Dragon Slayer (Bodhi's cut) x Chem DDf2
Aruba (kiona cut) x Chem DDf2
White Haze x Chem DDf2
Bandaid Haze x Chem DDf2
Genius Thai (Bodhi's cut) x Chem DDf2
Starfighter f1 (Strayfox's cut) x Chem DDf2

KateJ

I've been working with Greenbeanz (lemonhoko's) Chem DD f2's.... This line has some real gems... I've made A few X's and f3's that are currently being tested...

Mother's Milk (Bodhi's cut) x Chem DDf2
Org. Bubba Kush x Chem DDf2
Dragon Slayer (Bodhi's cut) x Chem DDf2
Aruba (kiona cut) x Chem DDf2
White Haze x Chem DDf2
Bandaid Haze x Chem DDf2
Genius Thai (Bodhi's cut) x Chem DDf2
Starfighter f1 (Strayfox's cut) x Chem DDf2

Hey Doc D thanks for coming through. Well I guess some people out there still have some relations to this strain. Its nice to know that these may be available in the future. How far into testing have you gotton with the f3's? any pics from any of your testers yet? or are they still early on in veg or flower? What kind of smells and structures did you get from the f2's?

With your experience, if you say that there are some real gems in them, i'll gladly take your word. How do they compare to the headbanger that you had?

Speaking of Headbanger, I just put some of the headbanger x Viet Black that you sent me into rapid rooters about 3 days ago.

I never did get to tell you but my grandmother loved the bandaid haze x a5/thai cross. She still has almost a half of a jar left. Can't wait to see what the headbanger x viet black brings about.

spadedNfaded

Veteran
I was lucky enough to score a pack of ChemDD and 4SD. Rez's ChemDD is Chem D x SD IBL v3. I popped then way too early in my career and for years ive paid dearly. I had a top notch keeper that I lost due to inexperience and I'll never forget her. Skunky funk sour lime. Huge yields. I miss her :(

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

-SubN

Last edited:

KateJ

I was lucky enough to score a pack of ChemDD and 4SD. Rez's ChemDD is Chem D x SD IBL v3. I popped then way too early in my career and for years ive paid dearly. I had a top notch keeper that I lost due to inexperience and I'll never forget her. Skunky funk sour lime. Huge yields. I miss her :(

View Image
View Image
View Image

-SubN

On that note, I may have to try to come up with my own little variation on chemdd, since i do have a headbanger cross (which contains sour d ibl) and a motorbreath which contains chem d. About to go and pop some motorbreath now.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haha...
Sounds like a Motorhead to me.
Get them beans a poppin n that garden a rockin.

If your looking for beans you might check out Verdant Greens C4DD @ the bay. :biggrin: